Next to go?

6 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

What are the rules these days if a club cannot continue in the SPFL, therefore creating a spare place?

Was wondering this myself, I can’t think of a precedent and it would be interesting to know what the position would be. 

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

What are the rules these days if a club cannot continue in the SPFL, therefore creating a spare place?

1 hour ago, Sr2004 said:

Was wondering this myself, I can’t think of a precedent and it would be interesting to know what the position would be. 

I would have thought, in this instance i.e Edinburgh City go bust, no relegation from League One and 2 up from League two (Champions + winners of 3 way play off). Then - maybe - no relegation from League Two and LL and HL champions promoted. Or have I messed up the arithmetic?

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

26 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I would have thought, in this instance i.e Edinburgh City go bust, no relegation from League One and 2 up from League two (Champions + winners of 3 way play off). Then - maybe - no relegation from League Two and LL and HL champions promoted. Or have I messed up the arithmetic?

11 team league

i'd just think the only difference would be HL/LL playoff winner is promoted

Edited by SlipperyP

23 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Champions go up from league two and you still have a four way play off with second bottom in league two. Extra space would be in league two so probably no relegation from there and hl and ll champs play of for that extra space

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Easy. Some spiv buys the assets, starts a new club called "The" Edinburgh City, applies for the vacant place and gets in on the nod.

27 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Edinburgh City are not a League 2 club.

He said the rumour is the next team to go isn’t a league 2 club, Edinburgh City’s financial issues would make you assume they could go out the game…

3 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

He said the rumour is the next team to go isn’t a league 2 club, Edinburgh City’s financial issues would make you assume they could go out the game…

misread, apologies to all that were effected. must do better.

Yes, Edinburgh city seem the most obvious 

3 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Champions go up from league two and you still have a four way play off with second bottom in league two. Extra space would be in league two so probably no relegation from there and hl and ll champs play of for that extra space

Aye, that looks better than my scenario!

When I last read the rules on this it was still an elected position.  The last published rules are a a bag of mess mostly focused on covid shortened seasons.  But seem to suggest auto-promotion for HL/LL play-off.  

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

One place up for grabs in SPFL1. Play-offs between the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in SPFL2.

Clyde still relegated.

Got a crystal ball aye ?

Good to know we should be preparing ourselves for the Lowland League, despite the fact even if we finish bottom we still have a playoff.

Be interested to see how many posts you make about your own team as to the ones you mention Clyde in.

You appear to have a massive chip on your shoulder, were you bullied by a Clyde supporter at school perhaps 🤔

55 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

ICT?

Hadn’t thought of them but you could easily see it, struggling financially for a few years and surely relegation to League 1 would mean going part time at best. 

14 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Got a crystal ball aye ?

Good to know we should be preparing ourselves for the Lowland League, despite the fact even if we finish bottom we still have a playoff.

Be interested to see how many posts you make about your own team as to the ones you mention Clyde in.

You appear to have a massive chip on your shoulder, were you bullied by a Clyde supporter at school perhaps 🤔

Aye, that's right I went to school with a Clyde fan 😂