Queen’s Park 21/22

57 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Baynham not on the bench again..I can't even remember him getting injured, and hasn't been mentioned on the casualty list. Not sure when we should expect Grant and Quitingo to join full training either.

He apparently got a head knock in the game v QoS (I think). It must have been one serious head knock (I hope not). There was one report that he had returned to training but the secret society rules again. Not even a match preview this week. The "mushroom principle" of communication is turning me right off. I am not attending any games until the club treats its fans with respect.

As an aside, Michael Doyle giving his captain's armband away is outstanding, whoever came up with that. I'll be down there on Saturday, pushing the weans out the way.

One of our so called 'fans' was giving Michael Doyle stick for giving away free kick that led to Alloa equaliser [emoji2959]
Some of our support should be permanently locked down...
Wonder who set up our goal [emoji848]

On 13/08/2021 at 10:56, virginton said:

Presumably the idea of this scheme, as well as Peterhead's, is that businesses are the target customer, who could treat it as an extra advertising slot. 

I've never understood why any individual would want to 'sponsor the jersey' of some squad ringer anyway, in addition to paying for everything anyway by attending games. 

St Johnstone have had this scheme for years and the majority of the squad were sponsored by fans. As well as having their name in the programme each week there was an end of season player sponsors night where they had a meal with the player and then and had a picture being handed the shirt.

Our rate went from £260 plus vat to £500 plus VAT this summer which has pissed off a lot of fans but is totally aimed at the commercial market.

I have seen a screenshot of a reply by one of the team asking a fan why they were not involved in sponsorship and the player himself was surprised at how much was being asked. 

2 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I have seen a screenshot of a reply by one of the team asking a fan why they were not involved in sponsorship and the player himself was surprised at how much was being asked. 

This seems like a weird thing for the player to ask in the first place unless there was more context to it.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

This seems like a weird thing for the player to ask in the first place unless there was more context to it.

The player and fan have become friends over the years of the sponsorship so the fan had said in a facebook conversation that unfortunately they would not be his shirt sponsor this season, which prompted the question. 

59 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

St Johnstone have had this scheme for years and the majority of the squad were sponsored by fans. As well as having their name in the programme each week there was an end of season player sponsors night where they had a meal with the player and then and had a picture being handed the shirt.

Our rate went from £260 plus vat to £500 plus VAT this summer which has pissed off a lot of fans but is totally aimed at the commercial market.

At Falkirk you can sponsor a player's home or away top for £450+VAT. Or player's boots, or goalkeeper's gloves, or captains armband for £200+VAT. Coaching staff for £300+VAT.

Similar rewards as above. I'd say the majority are filled each season and it must make the club a fair bit of money.

On 21/08/2021 at 18:59, bobthespider said:

Would like to think a few players will be in by the end of the week on loan .

We need more in the final third. We really should be sitting on twelve points instead of eight. No idea when Quitongo is back, so if Murray gets injured we’ll be carrying very little threat.

On 21/08/2021 at 21:25, Alf Stamp Army said:

One of our so called 'fans' was giving Michael Doyle stick for giving away free kick that led to Alloa equaliser emoji2959.png
Some of our support should be permanently locked down...
Wonder who set up our goal emoji848.png

It was a fair tackle imho but the match ref seemed to penalise anyone who put in strong tackles. Thought Mike had one of his best games for us so far. I always feel that fans who shout at players and/or endlessly at the ref haven’t had the experience of playing a competitive game. Thankfully a very small minority. I hope the players are feeling the positive energy from the fans.

On 21/08/2021 at 14:55, Velvet Donkey said:

Baynham not on the bench again..I can't even remember him getting injured, and hasn't been mentioned on the casualty list. Not sure when we should expect Grant and Quitingo to join full training either.

Baynham’s been with company in our stand at all the home games. Can’t be CoVid related. Looks in good shape. Did McHugh even touch the ball on Saturday?

22 hours ago, CTQP1867 said:

Did the Meeting go ahead last week? Did I miss the updates etc from it? Anything of note come out of it?

It did go ahead but we were told not to go on to P&B and release the minutes of the meeting as what was discussed was sensitive. Really pleased to see that folk have done just that and kept to their word. I think the majority were happy with what was said and hopefully it’s a step in the right direction for the club. 

958A4A7B-380A-48D2-AABF-47F8A757C787.gif

10 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

It did go ahead but we were told not to go on to P&B and release the minutes of the meeting as what was discussed was sensitive. Really pleased to see that folk have done just that and kept to their word. I think the majority were happy with what was said and hopefully it’s a step in the right direction for the club. 

958A4A7B-380A-48D2-AABF-47F8A757C787.gif

Have I got this right? 

One of the issues that led to the meeting being held was poor communication and a lack of openness from the club. They have resolved this by having  a meeting with members only and sworn them to secrecy.

Excellent

2 hours ago, NathanQP said:

. I think the majority were happy with what was said and hopefully it’s a step in the right direction for the club. 

I thought it was quite a depressing meeting. An hour of waffle and then an hour of avoiding giving straight answers to straight questions.

Edited by JT1867