Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

You really don't want to get a train to Wick.  Not sure if still the case but you had to make sure you were on the right end of the train as one half disengaged at Wick and the other half went on to Thurso without stopping.

Think they run to Thurso first and then to Wick now. Train to Inverness then bus to Wick is likely to be the most sensible way by public transport as the train route after Inverness is nothing like as direct as the main road and is basically mainly for tourists after Easter Ross.

3-3 and although I am disappointed with the BU just getting the one point I really enjoyed the match. The BU's were the better team first half and The Shire just edged the second. Plenty of committment and effort from both teams.......as well as a fair bit of niggle and needle.

The officials were tested and found wanting. Out of their depth for a game like today.

Referee blew the final whistle on 93 minutes and almost immediately Comrie blasted the ball off a Shire player and there was a bit of handbags. Looked worse than it probably was.

Reckon both teams will be privately happy they came away with a point as it could have gone either way.

My MOTM was Gemmell. When there is chaos, disorder and general rowdiness guys like Michael are invaluable.

15 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ended 3-3. Officials were dreadful. All kicked off at the end. Felt like a derby !!

Officially a derby .  

penalty given , penalty not , twice possibly . 6 goals , 4 red cards including 2 from bench , mass brawl at end and a ref that was totally out his depth .

OK , young refs have got to learn but dearie me , how has this guy got this far . 1 linesman that didn’t want to make a decision and 1 that was offended by every shout from dug out .

Great entertainment though and a fair result in the end .

Who misses the Rose !

Great game, definitely our new local rivals after all the needle in that game. Shire penalty was one of a number of awful decisions by the officials but by far the most utterly pathetic decision. Looked to me as though the Shire boy simply over his own feet as he was stumbling cos he couldn’t run any harder. I also think hadn’t Bo’ness claimed for a penalty after Wilson went down 30 seconds before it, the ref wouldn’t have awarded that one to Shire. 

Thought Skinner had an excellent game today. Kieran Anderson and Kyle Wilson worked hard as well but second half they seemed to split and I’d like to have seen them paired closer together. 

The dugout side lino was a fanny and desperate to make things happen. Jamie McCormack’s red card appeared to be for jumping off the bench and roaring “HEY YOU!!” 🤷🏻‍♂️😄

The handbags at the end needn’t have happened and Comrie might be in a bit of bother but if it goes in the refs report. To be fair to him it looked like he just aimlessly booted the ball in frustration but just happened to cannon off a Shire players legs. Shire 11 should’ve been sent off as well for his part in the aggro in front of the BU dugout, looked to have thrown a hand then offering square goes and giving it the big “Mon then!” after safely backing off behind his team mates and the ref. 

On the whole though a good game and nothing between the sides. Looking forward to our next meeting although I am not looking forward to sitting in a backache inducing plastic seat in the soulless Falkirk Stadium. 

Edited by 8MileBU

Agreed about the officiating. Whatever happened during the game was brought on by indecisive officiating, started in the 1st half when the linesman had his flag up, then put it down, in the build up to one of the Boness goals.

Both number 6's were in the ear of the ref all through the game, he really needed to be clamping down on that from the start of the game, he didnt and then the game just became stop start through niggly fouls, injuries and substitutions. Before the red cards as emotions ran high. The home side edged the first half, away side getting the best of it in the 2nd half as the home team visibly tired and overall a draw was a fair enough result.

In saying all that, as a neutral I actually enjoyed it. Good luck to both teams as the season goes on.

McCormack also made it on to the park at the end of the game to get involved in the ‘handbags’. Having been sent off he should not have been there. That could bring a long suspension as it looked like the dug out side linesman saw it.

When McGregor got sent off it was quite funny watching him shout ‘Do you want some too’ at various Shire players whilst conveniently hiding behind Stuart Hunter.

There wasn’t much quality on show but it was feisty and entertaining once the goals started. A result that did neither team any favours and didn’t harm them either.

interesting to see John Brownlie on the touchline as a Shire coach. A genuinely great player who epitomised what attacking full back play was all about.