Kelty Hearts Thread

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Better team by some distance but couldn't convert from numerous chances. We'll likely take a skelping Saturday but just need to give it a good fight.

As much as a cup run would be great it's really about getting it right for the league beginning, new team going to take a few games to find our feet again 

Boys were outstanding today , under the cosh for a good bit of the game and Hibs hit woodwork couple of times but Adamson in goals and Oware and Flatman at the back were immense , Williamson went off early doors hopefully not injured and CJ took his place and never gave the hibs back line a minute , superb all over the park, Hibs were bigger and quicker but we ground that out and took the chance when we got it , well done lads.

2 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Tremendous result & had to work so hard to grind out! Brilliant from the lads 

Flatman looks a find probably won't be with us next season 😢😢, Scotty Allan was brilliant today as well and to think that Tids and Corbett weren't even stripped and still to come into this team 

40 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Flatman looks a find probably won't be with us next season 😢😢, Scotty Allan was brilliant today as well and to think that Tids and Corbett weren't even stripped and still to come into this team 

Agreed. Early days but him & McCarvel could well get snapped up.

23 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Helluva result today tbf ...

It was neeb but seriously rode our luck at times, keeper had a few brilliant saves but they dug in and was probably on par with beating St Johnstone in the Scottish for me especially with the amount of young guys in the team now 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

It was neeb but seriously rode our luck at times, keeper had a few brilliant saves but they dug in and was probably on par with beating St Johnstone in the Scottish for me especially with the amount of young guys in the team now 

Always need a bit of luck when taking on the "big teams".  Looks like there will be no easy points to be picked up at Kelty this season ... as per normal (at least for my lot).

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Flatman was very good for Edinburgh last season, really stood out in our games along with the boy Ewan who has signed for Stenhousemuir. No disrespect but I'd have thought he'd have gotten a championship side if he was leaving Hearts. I'd have happily taken him.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Flatman was very good for Edinburgh last season, really stood out in our games along with the boy Ewan who has signed for Stenhousemuir. No disrespect but I'd have thought he'd have gotten a championship side if he was leaving Hearts. I'd have happily taken him.

Both the Ewans are good players. I was hoping Kelty would snap either up when released from Rangers. Don't disagree on Flatman. We've done well to get him.

4 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Excellent result for Kelty yesterday. Would expect that is one of the best results in Kelty's history? 

Aye defo that and the St Johnstone cup win  are the two biggest to date , that's us just starting to make our football league history hopefully a long way to go yet , to be fair was talking to my Hibee neebur and he says they changed their back line from previous two games but you can only beat  what's in front of you 😂

Tonight will be a good gauge of where we are against a top L2 side with sime decent players. Boys will be buzzing after Saturday so hopefully a positive result to put us in pole position in the group (and not a back down to earth crash 😆).

7 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Tonight will be a good gauge of where we are against a top L2 side with sime decent players. Boys will be buzzing after Saturday so hopefully a positive result to put us in pole position in the group (and not a back down to earth crash 😆).

We look LL the night , we need another threat ip top I'm afraid , boy that got Peterhead goal looks on it the night and ready to shoot on site 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

We look LL the night , we need another threat ip top I'm afraid , boy that got Peterhead goal looks on it the night and ready to shoot on site 

Too much safe play and not enough forward thinking. Midfield was pish until Brown came on last 15. Peterhead much better physically & bullied the young lads all night. Felt for CJ as it was a tough shift up top. Much improvement needed Kelheart.