Stephen O’Donnell

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

It depends on your definition of dependable. If you mean he will show up on time for the flight. Then yes he is. If you mean he can play the position well, then no he can't. 

Hes ran his contract down recently, only motherwell took him. If he went to the English championship he would have doubled his money easy. He didn't because nobody wanted him.

Im aware there's a shortage of right backs, I preferred Strachan solution of playing Tierney out of position.

Rather than the massive drop in standard to O'donnell. 

I seriously think there's quite a few players in the squad who have never player right back, or right wing back. Who could do a better job than o'donnell. Again its nothing personal against the guy he does his best, I just want scotland to win. And his best is not a high standard.

Are you seriously saying you would play Tierney at right back, and by definition weaken one of the positions in the team (LCB) where he clearly does excel?

Please name the 'quite a few players in the squad who have never player right back, or right wing back. Who could do a better job than o'donnell'.

If these players exist then Clarke would have found them and played them.

On Nathan Patterson - if he has yet to displace the distinctly average James Taverneir as the Sevco right back, then how on earth can he be good enough to be Scotland's right back?

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Are you seriously saying you would play Tierney at right back, and by definition weaken one of the positions in the team (LCB) where he clearly does excel?

Please name the 'quite a few players in the squad who have never player right back, or right wing back. Who could do a better job than o'donnell'.

If these players exist then Clarke would have found them and played them.

On Nathan Patterson - if he has yet to displace the distinctly average James Taverneir as the Sevco right back, then how on earth can he be good enough to be Scotland's right back?

Yes, we have other centre backs who can come in, not play as well as Tierney In a back 3. But to get him at right back it would be worth it. We have 1 decent young right back. And one terrible one.

Off the top of my head, players in the squad who could play better than o'donnell at right back.

Tierney, Mctominay, Forrest, Fraser, Jack.

Some of those have played right wing back before sparingly, 1 has played right back before. 

1 mctominay, I dont think has ever played there. But I'm sure he could play in better than O'Donnell tomorrow comfortably.

On James Tavernier, he some times makes mistakes. But if you think that guy is distinctly average, then I dont think your looking objectively. Or know much about football.

If he were Scottish he would walk into our team.

The last part, "if these players exist then Clarke would have found them" How's that? Is he a god or something? Whos judgement is beyond question?

Or is he the ex Kilmarnock manager.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

Just now, The Moonster said:

Ramsay has more than one game under his belt. He obviously has a way to go yet but if he keeps his place at Aberdeen he could be an option. 

Was it not a couple of months ago you didn't want gilmour selected as he didn't have enough experience? How did that opinion work out BTW?

But now want a 17 year old with 7 games for Aberdeen straight in the team.

20 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Yes, we have other centre backs who can come in, not play as well as Tierney In a back 3. But to get him at right back it would be worth it. We have 1 decent young right back. And one terrible one.

Off the top of my head, players in the squad who could play better than o'donnell at right back.

Some of those have played right wing back before sparingly, 1 has played right back before. 

1 mctominay, I dont think has ever played there. But I'm sure he could play in better than O'Donnell tomorrow comfortably.

On James Tavernier, he some times makes mistakes. But if you think that guy is distinctly average, then I dont think your looking objectively. Or know much about football.

If he were Scottish he would walk into our team.

The last park, "if these players exist then Clarke would have found them" How's that? Is he a god or something? Whos judgement is beyond question?

Or is he the ex Kilmarnock manager.

James Tavernier is distinctly average - if he was better than that he'd be playing in the English Championship.

Not one of the other alternatives you propose is a natural RB - are you proposing to weaken the team by taking either Tierney or Jack from their natural positions just to leave Stephen O'Donnell out of the team?

If so, any lack of objectivity does not come from my side.

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I seriously think there's quite a few players in the squad who have never player right back, or right wing back. Who could do a better job than o'donnell.

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

1 mctominay, I dont think has ever played there. 

Not one of the other alternatives you propose is a natural RB

🤣 yes, I think that was made abundantly clear previously.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

James Tavernier is distinctly average - if he was better than that he'd be playing in the English Championship.

If so, any lack of objectivity does not come from my side.

First team regulars for the oldfirm dont generally move to the English championship.

They usually go to the premier league for decent money if they do move.

26 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Was it not a couple of months ago you didn't want gilmour selected as he didn't have enough experience? How did that opinion work out BTW?

But now want a 17 year old with 7 games for Aberdeen straight in the team.

When did I say I didn't want Gilmour called up? 

If you read what I said, he's got a way to go yet but if he keeps playing for Aberdeen he'll be an option. 

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

First team regulars for the oldfirm dont generally move to the English championship.

They usually go to the premier league for decent money if they do move.

Martin Waghorn? Lee Wallace? Nicky Law? Joey Barton? Joel Garner?

Where exactly is the market for James Tavernier?

Martin Waghorn? Lee Wallace? Nicky Law? Joey Barton? Joel Garner?

Where exactly is the market for James Tavernier?

That was quite a few years ago now wasn't it.

You seriously think a first team rangers player, who just won the league and is going into the champions league qualifying. Is likely to go to a championship club?

Rangers who just horsed celtic out of sight to the title, and yet celtics players are leaving to Premier league clubs?

Out of interest 

Do you think O'Donnell is a better player than Tavernier?

And to answer your question, I dont think there will be much of a market for tavernier.  Due to his age and the cost to buy him.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

12 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

That was quite a few years ago now wasn't it.

You seriously think a first team rangers player, who just won the league and is going into the champions league qualifying. Is likely to go to a championship club?

Rangers who just horsed celtic out of sight to the title, and yet celtics players are leaving to Premier league clubs?

Out of interest 

Do you think O'Donnell is a better player than Tavernier?

O'Donnell is a better player and defender than Tavernier in my opinion - the latter's deficiencies are regularly evident when Sevco are on the back foot. And that is not meant to suggest that O'Donnell is Danny McGrain or Carlos Alberto. I accept your opinion may be different.

As things stand, no current Sevco player is going to the premiership or any league of similar standard unless I have missed it.

Have Rangers sold a player to the English Premiership since they returned to the top division? I could be wrong, but nobody springs immediately to mind.

Edited by Barney Rubble

O'Donnell is a better player and defender than Tavernier in my opinion - the latter's deficiencies are regularly evident when Sevco are on the back foot. And that is not meant to suggest that O'Donnell is Danny McGrain or Carlos Alberto. I accept your opinion may be different.

As things stand, no current Sevco player is going to the premiership or any league of similar standard unless I have missed it.

Have Rangers sold a player to the English Premiership since they returned to the top division? I could be wrong, but nobody springs immediately to mind.

First part, thats just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous, rangers could buy O'donnell tomorrow. They don't and nobody does because he's hopeless.

Second part "sevco" brilliant, you add that in trying to bait me. You think that anyone who doesn't think all the rangers or sevco players are rubbish is obviously a rangers fan. 

Im not, I dont like or follow rangers. Im just able to give an objective opinion.

I'd actively celebrate if they went bust again tomorrow, same as I would if it happened to celtic.

Im not sure if they have sold anyone to the premier league. But I'd absolutely expect that Kent or morelos or barasic or goldson or kamara or even tavernier. Would be targets for Premier league clubs.

As I mentioned before, you may have missed last season when they sauntered to the title. That celtic team who finished miles behind are currently being cherry picked by premier league teams. But yet they wouldn't go for rangers players?

Your obvious bias is blinding you.

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

First part, thats just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous, rangers could buy O'donnell tomorrow. They don't and nobody does because he's hopeless.

Second part "sevco" brilliant, you add that in trying to bait me. You think that anyone who doesn't think all the rangers or sevco players are rubbish is obviously a rangers fan. 

Im not, I dont like or follow rangers. Im just able to give an objective opinion.

I'd actively celebrate if they went bust again tomorrow, same as I would if it happened to celtic.

Im not sure if they have sold anyone to the premier league. But I'd absolutely expect that Kent or morelos or barasic or goldson or kamara or even tavernier. Would be targets for Premier league clubs.

As I mentioned before, you may have missed last season when they sauntered to the title. That celtic team who finished miles behind are currently being cherry picked by premier league teams. But yet they wouldn't go for rangers players?

Your obvious bias is blinding you.

Champions or not, to date there does not seem to be a market for Rangers players from the EPL.

To clarify - I've no interest in baiting you - none whatsoever. I've no idea which club you follow. But similar to you, I do not hold the ugly sisters in any esteem.

And if I have any obvious bias it's that people should stop talking absolute tripe about Stephen O'Donnell.

I'll agree to disagree and leave it there.

Champions or not, to date there does not seem to be a market for Rangers players from the EPL.

To clarify - I've no interest in baiting you - none whatsoever. I've no idea which club you follow. But similar to you, I do not hold the ugly sisters in any esteem.

And if I have any obvious bias it's that people should stop talking absolute tripe about Stephen O'Donnell.

I'll agree to disagree and leave it there.

If you don't think any of their players could or would attract Premier league attention. And also you believe O'donnell is a better player than tavernier. Then im sorry, I dont believe your not bias, as thats ridiculous.

I've nothing against o'donnell, I just don't think he's a good enough player for Scotland.

Forgot tavernier, o'donnell is well well within reach of any English championship club. They don't want him, they didn't want him on a free. While he was playing for Scotland. Its not tripe to say he's tripe.

20 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

This takes blinkered to a new level. 

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

When did I say I didn't want Gilmour called up? 

If you read what I said, he's got a way to go yet but if he keeps playing for Aberdeen he'll be an option. 

No you didn’t, you said that he should be taking O’Donnell’s place in the squad now.

On O'Donnell, his time is up with Patterson and now Ramsay at Aberdeen coming through”

I’ve edited my previous post for you.

Ramsay might well be the second coming of Cafu but let’s not go expecting Clarke to drop a 300 appearances 20+ Scotland cap international for a guy with SEVEN professional games under his belt.

On 27/07/2021 at 07:03, 2426255 said:

I agree with Barney Rubble, Stephen O'Donnell shits all over James Tavernier. Better player defensively, better passer of the ball, played at a higher level of football and a nice guy to boot. 

Your right enough, you can't judge a player