Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Clearly you're going to have to explain further. 

Are East Stirlingshire or Berwick Rangers expected to get the 4th invite? 

Is there an expectation of more or less than 4 invites? So there's nothing to miss out on. 

Or are you saying that the SPFL Trust Trophy is so trivial it won't be seen as a miss not participating? 

The Shire 👍🏻

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Will Vale of Leithen inherit the title of Britain's worst team if they don't win their last fixture? They'd finish with fewer points than Fort William.

They took that title when Fort bollocked them 5-0 at Claggan Park in the cup a few years back.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think "Mickkennedy1904" has misunderstood, and thinks that these latest 2 spots are in addition to the OF 2nd XIs, rather than just readvertising the same two places.

Still 2 too many, of course.

Aye. It's a real battle of wits between Mick Kennedy and Caledonian Braves there. Kennedy just takes it on points.

23 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

How it started- 

How it’s going -

Doesn't that just highlight the hypocrisy of what we now have between the Lowland League and Tier 6?

For years an ineligible/unlicenced club denied those with licences the chance of promotion at Tier 6 level. The Lowland League have now rigged it so that an ineligible/unlicenced club doesn't count in the standings and the next eligible club gets to compete in the promotion playoff.

I

University of Stirling are again keen to embrace the bigot brothers whilst also voting against increasing relegation places.

Last night tier 6 Linlithgow thumped them 5-1 in cup semi.

Shambles.   Linlithgow have also played tier 5 Spartans and East Stirling away from home this season which resulted in two further wins for Linlithgow.

36 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Doesn't that just highlight the hypocrisy of what we now have between the Lowland League and Tier 6?

For years an ineligible/unlicenced club denied those with licences the chance of promotion at Tier 6 level. The Lowland League have now rigged it so that an ineligible/unlicenced club doesn't count in the standings and the next eligible club gets to compete in the promotion playoff.

I

Absolutely.

I would also be keen to know which way Braves voted in the promotion/relegation vote? I suspect we all know the answer.

31 minutes ago, Marten said:
58 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:
Absolutely.
I would also be keen to know which way Braves voted in the promotion/relegation vote? I suspect we all know the answer.

They actually voted for increased relegation.

I bow to your superior knowledge, I may have been misinformed, I was informed they hadn’t by one of their members.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

7 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I bow to your superior knowledge, I may have been misinformed, I was informed they hadn’t by one of their members.

Do we definitely know who voted for/against more relegation spots? I feel like it got brushed away quickly then forgotten about with the colts vote.

13 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

One of their committee confirmed it on Twitter that they voted for that plan. Although we could do with being confirmed who exactly voted for and against it for the whole league.

10 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Clyde have confirmed they are vacating Broadwood. Wonder where that leaves the ground going forward as it was a white elephant from the 10k seater rule days for Clyde nevermind Cumbernauld Colts.

Rob Roy could use it while waiting for their own stadium to be built? 

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Might be alright for the Cumbernauld Colts longer term. Presumably it will get sold off and a smaller facility is built that does the same job without 8000 empty seats. 

Can’t see it . The facility has been changed into a community hub and isn’t really that reliant to Clyde. It will continue to run as so, with possible mothballing of a stand. 

The costs of selling up and rebuilding are nowhere near as profitable as 20 years ago. Taking apart the outside 3G pitches, the gym etc is more hassle than it’s worth to the council. 

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Wonder if the SFA would fancy getting involved. Could be a decent "home" stadium for U21s and below and the women's team for smaller games. 

If they could come to some sort of arrangement with QP they could do the same at the new Lesser Hampden.

Do the SRU still use Broadwood? then again they now have lesser Murrayfield.

If they could come to some sort of arrangement with QP they could do the same at the new Lesser Hampden.
Do the SRU still use Broadwood? then again they now have lesser Murrayfield.
SRU Glasgow & West Academy seems to have moved to Ravenscraig in Motherwell.