WOSL CUPS

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
  1. Scottish Cup
  2. WoSFL Cup
  3. SJFA Cup
  4. South Challenge Cup

Will they still be taking part in this? I could see before the logic - it is a route to taking part in the SFA Cup. Now they have automatic entry to that.

I've got it in my head the first two rounds for the Junior Cup are being drawn today. We'll find out which clubs are staying with the Juniors and which ones will be going for the Strathclyde Cup.

EDIT : I see it confirmed as 1pm today.

Edited by theesel1994

4 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Will they still be taking part in this? I could see before the logic - it is a route to taking part in the SFA Cup. Now they have automatic entry to that.

I've got it in my head the first two rounds for the Junior Cup are being drawn today. We'll find out which clubs are staying with the Juniors and which ones will be going for the Strathclyde Cup.

EDIT : I see it confirmed as 1pm today.

As you've noted it's being drawn today. There's not been a list of numbers put out, but Carnoustie Panmure have said they're number 24. A way to get there would have Auchinleck Talbot included. |

110 clubs in this year's competition according to SJFA Twitter reply. So a round less this season.

Think that's only single digit loss in membership then with Letham & Dundee St James added, and a few in abeyance (Annbank, Buckie Rovers, & Spey Valley)

image.png.bc1622906f33be85a10882e78fb9e7ee.png

Something doesn't add up. Unless they mean there are 110 clubs with SJFA membership (if you add Newmains United).

Funny that half the clubs no longer compete in Junior League football.

That's from Wikipedia who have assumed, like most of us, that the new EOSFL clubs would have left. 

from their website, might not be up to date.

Scottish Junior Cup Format

Often labelled the Holy Grail in Junior football, the Junior Cup is played annually with eight rounds including the final. It has an unseeded format and full fixture details will be published in this section of the website. The general format of the competition is as follows:

Rounds 1-5 and quarter-final ties are played as a knock-out match with a replay in the event of a draw after 90 minutes. All drawn replay ties are decided by kicks from the penalty mark after 90 minutes, if required.

Round 1
Scheduled for playing September.

Round 2
Scheduled for playing September/October.

Round 3
Scheduled for playing October/November.

Round 4
Scheduled for playing November/December.

Round 5
Scheduled for plaing January/February.

Quarter Final
Scheduled for playing February/March.

Semi Final
Played over two legs in March/April. In the event of a draw at the end of both legs, the tie will be decided by kicks from the penalty mark.

Final
Played as a single match in lat May/early June. In the event of a draw after 90 minutes, the tie will be decided by kicks from the penalty mark.

2 minutes ago, lokforever said:

from their website, might not be up to date.

Scottish Junior Cup Format

Often labelled the Holy Grail in Junior football, the Junior Cup is played annually with eight rounds including the final. It has an unseeded format and full fixture details will be published in this section of the website. The general format of the competition is as follows:

Rounds 1-5 and quarter-final ties are played as a knock-out match with a replay in the event of a draw after 90 minutes. All drawn replay ties are decided by kicks from the penalty mark after 90 minutes, if required.

Round 1
Scheduled for playing September.

Round 2
Scheduled for playing September/October.

Round 3
Scheduled for playing October/November.

Round 4
Scheduled for playing November/December.

Round 5
Scheduled for plaing January/February.

Quarter Final
Scheduled for playing February/March.

Semi Final
Played over two legs in March/April. In the event of a draw at the end of both legs, the tie will be decided by kicks from the penalty mark.

Final
Played as a single match in lat May/early June. In the event of a draw after 90 minutes, the tie will be decided by kicks from the penalty mark.

There are meaningful matches scheduled in the wosfl for every saturday in September, hopefully the sjfa is told to sling it in terms of rearranging fixtures. 

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

When do they intend to play the junior cup? Hopefully none of the meaningful games will be moved to accommodate this? Will they just have to play it on a Monday night or something? 

When the WoSFL put out the partial fixture list the dates for the SJFA Cup were shared with the Strathclyde Cup competition. So for the first/second round dates most teams will be in those cup draws. Looks like Clydebank may be idle on those days depending on the draws in the early stages and then later rounds there would be more available opponents that it should be an issue.

The first Round of the SJFA Cup is due to be played on the weekend of 25/9. Clydebank are away to Rutherglen, but they may be in Strathclyde Cup action that date as I believe they withdrew from the SJFA last year.

When do they intend to play the junior cup? Hopefully none of the meaningful games will be moved to accommodate this? Will they just have to play it on a Monday night or something? 
1st Round is weekend of 24-26 September.

How are they meaningful in west league.
No promotion is guaranteed or even on.
We just jumped into tier 5 with rangers with our B teams which for most make west of Scotland games meaningless in a corrupt flawed system.

The junior cup has just as much meaning as any of this.
As imperfect as it still is, at least there is a chance of promotion. That's already an improvement. [emoji106]

I miss the absolute absurdity of the ET cup, and seeing the likes of Glenafton trying to say they'd won "The Treble" by clinching it. 

the fixtures congestion it caused was like that crash in the tour de france last week-  waiting on team a catching up on their 16 fixtures while team b hadn't played for 6 weeks. 

the Junior game was great craic. 

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

I miss the absolute absurdity of the ET cup, and seeing the likes of Glenafton trying to say they'd won "The Treble" by clinching it. 

the fixtures congestion it caused was like that crash in the tour de france last week-  waiting on team a catching up on their 16 fixtures while team b hadn't played for 6 weeks. 

the Junior game was great craic. 

Can't see this being any better for the likes of Talbot with the ludicrous 20 team league and these 4 cups plus the season needs to be ended earlier so that a possible playoff can take place if the league winner is licensed

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Can't see this being any better for the likes of Talbot with the ludicrous 20 team league and these 4 cups plus the season needs to be ended earlier so that a possible playoff can take place if the league winner is licensed

Dates for the LL Pyramid Play-off are from 21st-28th May. Which means that the WoS Premier would be looking to be wrapped up by the 14th May.