The long and winding road that leads me to... Campbeltown

8 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

i hear the bsc assistant ref got sent off at campbeltown on sat for head butting a player 😂

Brave man acting like that down that of the woods. Many a team over the years headed back up the road battered n bruised after thinking the locals were just a bunch of country bumpkins!!!

They're team in the late 90s weren't shy in mixing it up that's for sure! 

6 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

That is Inveraray.

The second picture is Lochgilphead.

The third one is Gigha.

The thread title maybe gives a clue...it is a long & winding road.

And a beautiful one too-got to be one of the most scenic journeys to  any ground in the country!And if the sun comes out absolutely stunning 

Pupils 0 Hotspur 2 HT.

Referee has booked everyone so far, including all of the crowd of 64. I got my booking for spilling a wee bit of my takeaway coffee on my jumper.

Hotspur look unrecognisable from their first season, a completely new squad. Look like a decent team for that league. Pupils looked a bit disheartened as the half ended.

IMG_2661.jpeg

IMG_2666.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

7 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

And a beautiful one too-got to be one of the most scenic journeys to  any ground in the country!And if the sun comes out absolutely stunning 

When I was younger used to do a lot of sailing. Always loved going through Kyle's of Lochalsh past Tighnabruaich and then down to Campbeltown Loch. Stayed there a few days before sailing over the North Channel to dear old Larne, although usually tied up at Island Magee and caught the 'ferry' across to the big toon.

Ah, innocent days, lone gone but still in my memories.

2 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Eh ?

Kyles of Bute, Shirley ?

You're just doing this to annoy me.🧐

Aye Kyle's of Bute, I'm all over the place the day. Up early tomorrow for a horse comp up in Ayrshire. Long day and it always stresses me out. When I was writing it I felt it wasn't right, but didn't listen.

70's and 80's spent all summer sailing ⛵ all over Clyde, up through Crinan to sail the Hebrides. Of course always across the water visiting family in Ulster and then down the West Coast  Brilliant times, brilliant memories. Some scary ones too in bad weather,  but always felt save with my old dad being an experienced seaman. 💖💖💖💖

6 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

When I was younger used to do a lot of sailing. Always loved going through Kyle's of Lochalsh past Tighnabruaich and then down to Campbeltown Loch. Stayed there a few days before sailing over the North Channel to dear old Larne, although usually tied up at Island Magee and caught the 'ferry' across to the big toon.

Ah, innocent days, lone gone but still in my memories.

Hawd oan, horse shows and sailing, did you win the lottery or sell a cooncil hoose in Newton Mearns?

5 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Hawd oan, horse shows and sailing, did you win the lottery or sell a cooncil hoose in Newton Mearns?

Dads family were fishermen, he took one of the boats when the elders retired. Grew up in that old boat.

Horses belong to the kids; I'm just the driver and dogsbody. 

Never had money, and never will.

Just memories and good times.

Campbelltown definitely a team that add something different to the West Region. Would love a few more of these types of teams. A very welcome addition and I hope they don't get despondent with some poor results.

32 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Campbelltown definitely a team that add something different to the West Region. Would love a few more of these types of teams. A very welcome addition and I hope they don't get despondent with some poor results.

They are great guys and very enthusiastic-we played them a good number of years ago in a cup tie at Newlandsfield early in their days in the WOSFL.Would love an away tie in Kintyre as it’s a beautiful and often forgotten part of Scotland.They have a real battle getting players but the likes of the incredible Alex McKinven and Campbell Robertson and others just keep plugging away despite all the challenges.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

They are great guys and very enthusiastic-we played them a good number of years ago in a cup tie at Newlandsfield early in their days in the WOSFL.Would love an away tie in Kintyre as it’s a beautiful and often forgotten part of Scotland.They have a real battle getting players but the likes of the incredible Alex McKinven and Campbell Robertson and others just keep plugging away despite all the challenges.

Agree fully. Norman Thomson works tirelessly nowadays and pretty much runs the team, ex player and part of the late 90s early 2000s successful squad. Not spoke to him in a while but hopefully catch a game when I head down next month.