The long and winding road that leads me to... Campbeltown

Regular readers of the Whisky for Breakfast thread will know that I made good on the above promise.

I’m here, to watch the much coveted 78th v 77th tie in Tier 10.

I’m ready to do minute by minute commentary for Open All Microphones…

My first ever house, when I was as baby, about a million years back, was in Baillieston just the other side of the M8 from Easterhouse.

So this tie becomes a sort of win-win for me. Up the 77.5ths! 

IMG_8194.jpeg

IMG_8197.jpeg

On 12/08/2023 at 15:33, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

IMG_8201.jpeg

I did say I was a jealous guy.

Any room in the boot of the motor ? I don't eat much mister,...honest..

Edited by Black Pennel
Accidentally inserted word from another message. Failed to spot insult. Oops.

Looking forward to our trip down this weekend. 

Me and Mrs fae the Vale are heading down on Friday night, staying over, then heading to the Kilkerran Distillery before the game on Saturday. She doesn't come to games very often, but has yet to see the Vale win. Hopefully that's not a bad omen for us!

On 12/08/2023 at 15:33, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Campbeltown Pupils 2 Easterhouse FA 0.

Not a classic, but as Rabbie Burns said: a win is a win for a’ that.

IMG_8201.jpeg

IMG_8216.jpeg

What a wonderful setting for a game of football (or anything else really)!

On 13/08/2023 at 22:01, Craig fae the Vale said:

Looking forward to our trip down this weekend. 

Me and Mrs fae the Vale are heading down on Friday night, staying over, then heading to the Kilkerran Distillery before the game on Saturday. She doesn't come to games very often, but has yet to see the Vale win. Hopefully that's not a bad omen for us!

A bit of a local derby for you then. 

It’s a fantastic part of the world down there with stunning scenery and whiskies and friendly locals and the legendary Alex McKinven who is treasurer for the Pupils really is the encyclopaedia of football in Kintyre and the leading authority on that subject.

23 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

It’s a fantastic part of the world down there with stunning scenery and whiskies and friendly locals and the legendary Alex McKinven who is treasurer for the Pupils really is the encyclopaedia of football in Kintyre and the leading authority on that subject.

Alex has been involved for what seems love forever and the time this guy spends on his duties for the club is unbelievable. 

He has been involved in some of the clubs greatest achievements and his footballing knowledge or infact general knowledge of the area is amazing.

A Pupils legend without doubt.

27 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Alex has been involved for what seems love forever and the time this guy spends on his duties for the club is unbelievable. 

He has been involved in some of the clubs greatest achievements and his footballing knowledge or infact general knowledge of the area is amazing.

A Pupils legend without doubt.

Yes absolutely right-not only football but his wider historical knowledge of Campbeltown and area backed up by his walking tours etc is incredible 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Campbeltown move up to 10th place after a 3-2 win at home to 7th placed Knightwood.

First five league games have brought two wins and a draw.

Not a bad start. 

https://x.com/pupilsafc/status/1698061289124155751?s=46&t=CZFg535gf7R8wkEonyL6Xg

Good start to the season for the Pupils who have a very dedicated management team, commitee which is very well supported by local businesses and fans. 

Also, heard today Lochgilphead Red Star have folded, or are close to which. If true  it's a terrible shame but maybe allow the Pupils to pick up a few additions to the squad.

Edited by AM-1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

St Peter’s have pulled out of their trip to Campbeltown tomorrow. The second team to stand Campbeltown up? Poor show.

That's shocking from St Peters & very convenient....

St Peter's home loss last Saturday, realistically ended their chance of making it into the promotion places out of this bottom division.
So then the following Saturday, they do this...

Very poor from St Peter’s.Campbeltown make the effort every week to raise a team and travel huge distances to play every away game even when struggling badly at the bottom of the table.