Amazon’s Tolkien Adaptation - Coming 2nd September 2022 Discussion

Thorongil

On 18/09/2024 at 08:15, DA Baracus said:

Notice how every episode now has a line that is lifted from the movie trilogy? Desperate stuff.

Wait till you see Episode 6. Really annoying with it.

Plus their scene with Elendil in the dungeon. Straight from Game of Thrones.

I really want to like the RoP, but I really do dislike it from my Tolkein fan point of view. It's visually and in isolation a great show, the score is epic. But I just get wound up watching it. 

The Dwarves were the best bit for me from season 1, but what they are doing with Durin is just wrong on so many levels.

24 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

Wait till you see Episode 6. Really annoying with it.

Plus their scene with Elendil in the dungeon. Straight from Game of Thrones.

I really want to like the RoP, but I really do dislike it from my Tolkein fan point of view. It's visually and in isolation a great show, the score is epic. But I just get wound up watching it. 

The Dwarves were the best bit for me from season 1, but what they are doing with Durin is just wrong on so many levels.

Just watched it there. I don'tind the show overall but this was definitely one of the worst episodes.

Bombadil can just f**k so far off.

The stupid hobbits, of all sorts, are achingly terrible, except for Nori. They all look like Looney Tunes characters with 'wacky' hair and bits of grass/straw/leaves in it. I hope the dark wizard lad f**king massacres them. 

I would say they are the dumbest folk in Middle Earth but Celebrimbor is determined to take that accolade, with Elendil's daughter putting in a strong performance in that field too.

What are the orcs actually doing by laying siege to Eregion? It has a handful of soldiers, so why not just march over and take it. Would take about an hour.

Every time Disa does the stone singing shit I physically recoil, such is the cringe. 

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just watched it there. I don'tind the show overall but this was definitely one of the worst episodes.

The stupid hobbits, of all sorts, are achingly terrible, except for Nori. They all look like Looney Tunes characters with 'wacky' hair and bits of grass/straw/leaves in it. I hope the dark wizard lad f**king massacres them. 

I would say they are the dumbest folk in Middle Earth but Celebrimbor is determined to take that accolade, with Elendil's daughter putting in a strong performance in that field too.

What are the orcs actually doing by laying siege to Eregion? It has a handful of soldiers, so why not just march over and take it. Would take about an hour.

Every time Disa does the stone singing shit I physically recoil, such is the cringe. 

I basically worship the LOTR books and original trilogy.

I'm sort of enjoying this series too, but everything you say here is true! 😄

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The whole show is just cringe. I am trying to separate in my mind my love of Tolkein and my own pre-constructed images how I thought the characters and peoples should be like, and take it for what it is, a big budget fantasy adventures show... but I just can't. It's like the show runners and writers, are actively trying to rub me up the wrong way.

It looks and sounds wonderful.  Unfortunately, the plot is rambling to the point where it’s very difficult to follow, the acting ranges from over-earnest to flat out terrible, and the script feels very much AI generated.  What was it Tom B said last episode?  “Is he your friend or is he your future… only you can decide.”  Or something like that.