Next permanent Ayr United manager

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 24/12/2021 at 15:09, Jazzar said:

Merry Christmas to you too - p***k

That's a bit rude at this time of year, and I was being serious and only trying to help.

And I voted for Dennis Bergkamp but it looks like the Basketball Wiizard Wesley Snipes is a firm favourite for the job going by the voting.

Edited by SandyCromarty

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

That's a bit rude at this time of year, and I was being serious and only trying to help.

And I voted for Dennis Bergkamp but it looks like the Basketball Wiizard Wesley Snipes is a firm favourite for the job going by the voting.

Sarcastic p r i c k as well. Go away, sonny 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Brian Rice is certainly still desperate to get back in to management so i'm pretty sure he'll want our job, wouldn't rule him out since the water may have cooled a bit on Bartley with him on the bench for Livi today 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/brian-rice-believes-should-vehicle-25781455

Brian Rice?

tenor.gif.9146c923980764e7c036c8656060e613.gif

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Brian Rice is certainly still desperate to get back in to management so i'm pretty sure he'll want our job, wouldn't rule him out since the water may have cooled a bit on Bartley with him on the bench for Livi today 

Wouldn't hate him as an assistant to the new head coach.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Wouldn't hate him as an assistant to the new head coach.

The talk for us is he's Bartley's replacement if he leaves. Martindale and Rice are close, it's between Rice and Lee Miller for the assistant spot

Just now, ATLIS said:

The talk for us is he's Bartley's replacement if he leaves. Martindale and Rice are close, it's between Rice and Lee Miller for the assistant spot

Even better. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Even better. 

He seems like he could be okay for us, just talking Martindale out of stupid mistakes basically. He seems to overthink things as a relatively inexperienced manager and I'm not sure Bartley has the experience to know it's wrong either. 

Could honestly see either of Rice/Miller end up at either club. Even at that, I feel we could throw in a late temptation to Bartley and offer him the job at the end of the season to stay with us :D It's Martindale's ultimate destiny to end up in a Director of Football position with us and Bartley would be a natural heir.

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Why would it be cooled as he was on bench ? he is contracted as a player to end of season and they are short on players , as for Brian Rice I believe I could get the job before him at Ayr 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

He seems like he could be okay for us, just talking Martindale out of stupid mistakes basically. He seems to overthink things as a relatively inexperienced manager and I'm not sure Bartley has the experience to know it's wrong either. 

Could honestly see either of Rice/Miller end up at either club. Even at that, I feel we could throw in a late temptation to Bartley and offer him the job at the end of the season to stay with us :D It's Martindale's ultimate destiny to end up in a Director of Football position with us and Bartley would be a natural heir.

Is there anyone else working at Livi that you could see Bartley having as part of a backroom staff? I'd be hoping he has scope to bring in 1 or 2 of his own guys to work with him and help him out. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is there anyone else working at Livi that you could see Bartley having as part of a backroom staff? I'd be hoping he has scope to bring in 1 or 2 of his own guys to work with him and help him out. 

I can't see it. We don't have much experience in the backroom and we're apparently looking to bring more in right now. Most of the other background staff have been at the club 10+ years and probably wouldn't move (physio etc). I would've said possibly Imrie as assistant but he's off to the big job at Morton so even that's gone.

Marvin does have decent contacts though, he got Efe to sign with us, same for Omeonga. I can possibly see him bringing someone older from Hibs with him someone like Darren McGregor maybe? If he's even looking to get into the management side of things anyway. I'd imagine David Gray would be looking for a managers job so maybe not him.

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I can't see it. We don't have much experience in the backroom and we're apparently looking to bring more in right now. Most of the other background staff have been at the club 10+ years and probably wouldn't move (physio etc). I would've said possibly Imrie as assistant but he's off to the big job at Morton so even that's gone.

Marvin does have decent contacts though, he got Efe to sign with us, same for Omeonga. I can possibly see him bringing someone older from Hibs with him someone like Darren McGregor maybe? If he's even looking to get into the management side of things anyway. I'd imagine David Gray would be looking for a managers job so maybe not him.

It's tricky because with the vast majority of managers on the merry go round up here you can make an educated guess as to who they will bring in to work alongside them. However with Bartley he's a complete unknown and he's only played for 2 clubs up here. Could maybe see him bringing in someone he played with in England or maybe Mathie will be able to bring someone in that he thinks can work with him.