Dundee FC vs Livingston - 11/9/21

The thing that drove me crazy was that Cummings is the penalty box striker all day long, yet we took Jakubiak off and had Cummings playing in a position that he's not got any of the qualities for. He needs to be a poacher, not sitting off Griffiths on the wing.

Thought it was a decent sub at the time with the thought of Cummings going up top alongside Griffiths but turned into a daft sub with the intention McPake had.

Surprised BBC gave Obi MotM. Looked a bit of a haddy. Type of player you're left puzzled why he continually gets himself into and then out of absolute bombscare moments.

Stryjek is an absolutely quality keeper.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprised BBC gave Obi MotM. Looked a bit of a haddy. Type of player you're left puzzled why he continually gets himself into and then out of absolute bombscare moments.

Stryjek is an absolutely quality keeper.

Yep, he's stepped it up from last season. Had a shaky start to the season but is just proving himself again now

Poor quality on show today. Ball was black and blue at the end with both teams as bad as each other. Dundee had some great chances first half and probably should have won the game. No idea how Griffiths missed the header from 5 yards. Livi keeper was very good though unfortunately. McDaid was shite when he came on. That is all.

Thank-you

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The thing that drove me crazy was that Cummings is the penalty box striker all day long, yet we took Jakubiak off and had Cummings playing in a position that he's not got any of the qualities for. He needs to be a poacher, not sitting off Griffiths on the wing.

Thought it was a decent sub at the time with the thought of Cummings going up top alongside Griffiths but turned into a daft sub with the intention McPake had.

Yeah the subbies turned out to be poor decisions today. I was impressed with Jakubiak clearly has loads of ability, needs to work on tracking runners etc defensively tho. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Yeah the subbies turned out to be poor decisions today. I was impressed with Jakubiak clearly has loads of ability, needs to work on tracking runners etc defensively tho. 

Thought Jakubiak did well considering he's only ever played in that position for us. McPake seems to be trying to shoehorning him into being a winger due to our options up top in the same way Hartley tried to do with Rory Loy. Personally thought Jakubiak was one of our brighter players but certainly did fall out the game.

McCowan is going to be frustrating as hell. Quality talent but continually chooses the wrong thing to do at the crucial time!

Pretty dire game, but I'll take a point. First game I've seen in person this season and our shape looks utterly mental at times. Looked like we should have had a penalty at the end though, and Ashcroft was lucky to stay on the park I reckon after taking out Penrice out wide when he was on a booking.

Griffiths was nowhere near fit enough to play 45 minutes, never mind the 90 that he did. He looks 20% fit.

What the f**k is Martindale trying to get our fullbacks to do? It's like he's trying to get them to play as wingbacks, but with us playing 2 at the back instead of 3? A team with pace up front would have torn us a new one today.

f**k it, decent point. Let's play 10 defenders against Celtic next week and eke out another 0-0.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Pretty dire game, but I'll take a point. First game I've seen in person this season and our shape looks utterly mental at times. Looked like we should have had a penalty at the end though, and Ashcroft was lucky to stay on the park I reckon after taking out Penrice out wide when he was on a booking.

Griffiths was nowhere near fit enough to play 45 minutes, never mind the 90 that he did. He looks 20% fit.

What the f**k is Martindale trying to get our fullbacks to do? It's like he's trying to get them to play as wingbacks, but with us playing 2 at the back instead of 3? A team with pace up front would have torn us a new one today.

f**k it, decent point. Let's play 10 defenders against Celtic next week and eke out another 0-0.

Been doing that since the cup games, surprisingly we're getting away with it more in the league than we did in the cup, when we played lower league sides. I thought we'd get absolutely buried by Premiership teams having our FB's so far up the pitch they were playing as wingers, and having to have a midfielder covering for them, he kept putting Pittman on the right flank, which is a total waste of his talent.

Interesting we kept a clean sheet and didn't capitulate in the 2nd half, when Fitzwater and Obileye played together all game, in prev games we've brought on Kelly and moved Fitzwater onto the RWB, and Devlin into the midfield. Shows it is clearly better not fucking about with the defence halfway through the 2nd half.

Livi will be the happier of the two sides.  Another draw at home is poor from Dundee's point of view.  That's three home games where we have been the better side and only three points to show from it.  In this league you have to score when you are on top.  Mind you, that's the type of game we regularly lost when McCann and McIntyre were the managers.   The only bonus was Griffiths getting 90 minutes.  He clearly isn't match fit.   

What a shite storm this thread has become - anyone got anything to say about football?
Will be interesting to see some of the Livi old boys today; particularly Shaun Byrne. As a matter of interest; has he been sent off at all since joining Dundee? It was getting to be a bit of a regular occurrence for us, limiting his appearances, but I can't recall seeing him being shown the red card once; since his move. That being said; as he was often one of two players remaining back whenever he rest of the team went up for a corner; I suppose its not surprising.
He literally got sent off once for us.
Against Dundee.

That save is from Stryjek against Anderson is better in the replay than it was in real time. He feints diving into the far corner, which may or may not have impacted Max Anderson's subconcious to put it to his near side. Top drawer save.

Highlights don't include Griffiths glaring miss.

McCowan should do better when Griffith's gives him a free header at the end.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Quite incredible feat from McDaid to come on and not do even one thing right.

I hope their keeper's wife burns his dinner tonight. 

The cross late on where he only had to miss the giant out but managed to hit his forehead without him moving was my favourite 

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That save is from Stryjek against Anderson is better in the replay than it was in real time. He feints diving into the far corner, which may or may not have impacted Max Anderson's subconcious to put it to his near side. Top drawer save.

Highlights don't include Griffiths glaring miss.

McCowan should do better when Griffith's gives him a free header at the end.

I thought at the game Max should’ve went for the other side of the goal, on the highlights the Livi defender had that covered. Great save. 

2 minutes ago, J.domingo said:

Terrible game! And Dundee is a horrible place! Livingston very very poor today and delighted I didn’t have to speak with David Martindale…he’s a terrible guy and all of the Livi fans I met today said the same thing. His days are numbered and the fans do not like him! Big shout out to the Livi guys I drank with on the train home…they weren’t interested in this face mask bullshit and had good commercial accumen along with stomachs to endure plenty lager! It doesnt matter if we drive Lexus Toyota or Vauxhall we’re all Livingston fans! Currently in a hotel room watching Emma raducanu…disappointed with Livi but they should finish 5th-8th this season…Martindale is a fuckwit but they have some good fans. Dundee hospitality shit and it’s a horrible town, no wonder their fans on here are so horrendous. 

Walloper.

There's many shite posters on P&B (I'll accept shouts from people that I'm one) but FFS.

I clicked on this thread for either discussion on the game or to read @The Derry regaling how many of the 153 Livi fans in attendance he knocked f**k out of.

What I did not expect, was this utterly shite patter.

So to get myself into a happier place:

f**k Billy Dodds.