Hearts v Hibernian Cinch Premiership Decider

@TheJTS98's absolutely embarrassing public meltdown on here, complete with a poor application of Kantian ethics and his own fan fiction (and request that his account be delighted if I'm not wrong), are enough on their own to make the, completely justified, hearts relegation of last year by far the funniest event in Scottish football in quite some time. That he and the other Jambo's who collectively lost their heads would like to skip over it is to be expected. 

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

@TheJTS98's absolutely embarrassing public meltdown on here, complete with a poor application of Kantian ethics and his own fan fiction (and request that his account be delighted if I'm not wrong), are enough on their own to make the, completely justified, hearts relegation of last year by far the funniest event in Scottish football in quite some time. That he and the other Jambo's who collectively lost their heads would like to skip over it is to be expected. 

I'll avoid making it personal, and just content myself with the treasure trove of hilarity Hibernian have gifted us with.

It's hard to take seriously attempted slaggings from a support who claim to not be all that arsed about getting absolutely beasted in the biggest derby of all time. Especially when they come at us with devastating youtube videos of (admittedly rare for them) wins in league matches.

21 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

I'll avoid making it personal, and just content myself with the treasure trove of hilarity Hibernian have gifted us with.

It's hard to take seriously attempted slaggings from a support who claim to not be all that arsed about getting absolutely beasted in the biggest derby of all time. Especially when they come at us with devastating youtube videos of (admittedly rare for them) wins in league matches.

If the topic is definitely not mad hearts and Hibs fans getting upset at the poor fortunes of their clubs you should be proud that your example is probably the finest to follow! 

For me it's very much "what have you done for (to?) me lately?" with football heartache. The SC final last year is probably the only result in Hibs history I am annoyed about right now, soon enough to be replaced by something else I assume. The great moments stay great forever but the shite ones just become funny. 

And on a more wide scale the whole Poindexter "well our overall record against you" or "if you look at x since 1983" is completely meaningless in all respects to pretty much everyone, as is the Hibs' fans' favourites about being the first to do xyz. I blame Fever Pitch and everyone agreeing with that dickhead Nick Hornby's weird middle class top trumps idea of what a football fan is

Guest TheJTS98
9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

And on a more wide scale the whole Poindexter "well our overall record against you" or "if you look at x since 1983" is completely meaningless in all respects to pretty much everyone, as is the Hibs' fans' favourites about being the first to do xyz.

Yeah, you're right. The head-to-head derby record is completely meaningless.

Fucking hell. 😀

Fair enough. If dealt the hand of a Hibs supporter, I'd maybe try something as baffling as that. Fair play to you.

Edited by TheJTS98

Guest TheJTS98
17 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

@Genuine Hibs Fan There is literally no subject on which this one wont send you a "yah boo sucks" reply, its like debating with a chimpanzee hammering away at the keyboard.

Its tedious and the thread is now total jobbies.

So, on a thread about Hearts v Hibs, we're saying that calling the Hearts v Hibs record 'utterly meaningless' is sensible, and disagreeing with this is chimp behaviour?

Ok.

Edited by TheJTS98

7 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Yeah, you're right. The head-to-head derby record is completely meaningless.

Fucking hell. 😀

Fair enough. If dealt the hand of a Hibs supporter, I'd maybe try something as baffling as that. Fair play to you.

What meaning does it have?  I was born in the 90s, why should I give a shit about an overall record. I'd be as well getting excited about attendances from 1956. I feel like I've given a pretty good explanation of why I don't really care about that side of the game from both sides but fair enough, I get that as football fans we all have the same "you must care about the same things I do" disease.

Tbh mate I just don't think we have much in common. For instance your reaction to being dealt the hand of a hearts supporter last year was to get incredibly mad on the internet to the point you had your account deleted, which to me would be so mortifying I would never come back to play billy big balls about statistics. But there you go we're all different I suppose!

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Tbh mate I just don't think we have much in common. For instance your reaction to being dealt the hand of a hearts supporter last year was to get incredibly mad on the internet to the point you had your account deleted, which to me would be so mortifying I would never come back to play billy big balls about statistics. But there you go we're all different I suppose!

Risible stuff. Very poor indeed.

Someone was complaining about the thread going downhill, I'm sure.

Edited by TheJTS98

4 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

What meaning does it have?  I was born in the 90s, why should I give a shit about an overall record. I'd be as well getting excited about attendances from 1956. I feel like I've given a pretty good explanation of why I don't really care about that side of the game from both sides but fair enough, I get that as football fans we all have the same "you must care about the same things I do" disease.

What do you believe is the reason for Hibs poor derby record no matter the form of the teams at the time?   This goes back decades.

I know hibs record has improved of late in this fixture . But as a neural It is hard to shift your brain from thinking that they always traditionally and certainly in my lifetime find a way to f**k this fixture even when in positions they have clearly had the better team And squad than Hearts. 

If Hearts announced in the morning that their squad was made up of the Craggy island over 70’s walking football team and hibs had their strongest 11 . I would probably still have to have a long hard think of sticking hibs on my coupon in this fixture 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Guest TheJTS98

For all the run-and-hide reactions on this thread, when one reads it back, it's fairly standard derby stuff.

'Your team is rubbish.'. 'No, your team is'. 'That was better than this'. 'No, this was better than that.'

Is derby pettiness off-limits on a derby thread? There is literally one poster on the whole thread who makes anything personal rather than just making a generic derby-week childish argument. I think if you read it through, you'll see the general tone is fairly jovial throughout. What do you expect with a two-week build up?

If people are going to get judgemental over harmless pettiness on a derby thread, then, quite frankly, I'm not sure what this forum is for.

As you were, imo.

Edited by TheJTS98

Guest TheJTS98
16 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

If the topic is being upset about the football and one of the people talking about it has a big, very public past in getting upset about the football I think that's fair enough to bring up but sorry for hurting feelings 😘

#bekind 

I suppose my question to you would be why you equate open and easy discussion of football results with the need to (I think four times now, what are you getting out of that?) reference a time in a complete stranger's life that you know nothing about.

I'd encourage you to re-read the thread, then re-read your 'contribution'. See if you think it fits.

I've no doubt you'll reply with some pithy put-down about my 'meltdown'. Good for you. You've been good for the thread.

I've posted about nothing but fitba.

Edited by TheJTS98

10 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

If the topic is definitely not mad hearts and Hibs fans getting upset at the poor fortunes of their clubs you should be proud that your example is probably the finest to follow! 

For me it's very much "what have you done for (to?) me lately?" with football heartache. The SC final last year is probably the only result in Hibs history I am annoyed about right now, soon enough to be replaced by something else I assume. The great moments stay great forever but the shite ones just become funny. 

And on a more wide scale the whole Poindexter "well our overall record against you" or "if you look at x since 1983" is completely meaningless in all respects to pretty much everyone, as is the Hibs' fans' favourites about being the first to do xyz. I blame Fever Pitch and everyone agreeing with that dickhead Nick Hornby's weird middle class top trumps idea of what a football fan is

Aye right enough. 

Before Fever Pitch football fans had no sense of or interest in their club's history.

If as you say you were born in the 90s you're talking about something you have no experience of anyway.