Seven years on

Richey Edwards

It was a massive missed opportunity to at least apply the brakes before we slam head first into a brick wall.

I fear the moment has passed now, but I'll always support power devolved to ordinary punters and communities rather than it remaining with unelected nonces in ermine and inbred weirdos.

An independent Scotland would probably be shite, but it would be our shite, with at least a vague possibility that we could perhaps shape a better path for the people that live here.

And most of all, as the disastrous last 40 years have shown, almost anything is better than this near perpetual Tory rule, with Labour allowed a wee shot now and then once they've sucked up to the world's worst cretins, the right wing British press.

24 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Baby boxes though eh. This devolved parliament has been a disaster. They have no interest in making it work 

Yet you want brexit x 10 thrust upon us, managed by even bigger c***s

So that’s your position: the isolationist, separatist UK is horrifically bad but independence will be x10 worse (based, presumably, on the fact it doesn’t come with union flags)? If you really think that Sturgeon and co are bigger c***s than Johnson and his cohorts, you really have fallen into alt-right cuckooland. As soon as folk start resenting their country even having a devolved parliament (because we’re British, innit, not Scotch!), the slide into comical, cringing, self-loathing Kincyhood is all but complete.

20 minutes ago, jakedee said:

It never ceases to amaze me that, no matter how bad it gets in the UK, in some peoples opinion, independence will be worse.
How many of the 62 countries who have gained independence from the UK, thought things were so bad, that they asked to again be ruled by Westminster?

This is what makes the jingoistic little Britons all the more of an embarrassment. Their entire position rests on the notion that Scotland is just inherently crappier than every independent nation on earth - and its requiring the eternal support of Mother England is a source of … pride? No wonder continental Europeans think we’re a laughing stock: we must look like a nation (or incompetent region of a unitary state, dammit) of drunken, shamelessly self-loathing Kincardines.

14 minutes ago, Namond Brice said:

An independent Scotland would probably be shite, but it would be our shite, with at least a vague possibility that we could perhaps shape a better path for the people that live here.

We've had 7 years since to see what The Scotland/Newco Scotland would look like and, by Christ, is it ugly.  This is while it is being feather-bedded by taxpayers like me.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

We've had 7 years since to see what The Scotland/Newco Scotland would look like and, by Christ, is it ugly.  This is while it is being feather-bedded by taxpayers like me.

Yes, I’m sure the pittance drawn from what you earn under the table for collecting glasses in a golf club really has offset the challenges forced on us by the nation you’ve thrust yourself on.

27 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've said multiple times on here some variation of, "Govern your way to independence" but, instead of decent administration, Scotland has the worst governance of all of the devolved regions of our unitary nation.

The worm has turned, though.  We're beginning to see just how fucking useless these partitionists actually are in doing what should be a prosaically simply task.

Replying to your sockpuppet account must be a new low, Kincy, fucking hell.

28 minutes ago, jakedee said:

How many of the 62 countries who have gained independence from the UK, thought things were so bad, that they asked to again be ruled by Westminster?

This is the fly in the ScotchNat ointment - and one which the blood and soil mutton-heads ignore.

We Scots have punched above our weight in our delightful unitary nation-state - the successor to the prior kingdoms of Scotland and England - since Britain's first parliament was inaugurated by Queen Anne in May 1707.  

What the dull-witted ScotchNats are asking for is - in actuality - independence from themselves.  This makes it the worst and most ignorant independence movement ever in the entirety of human history.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

What the dull-witted ScotchNats are asking for is - in actuality - independence from themselves.  This makes it the worst and most ignorant independence movement ever in the entirety of human history.

Not even close.

7ECCD738-75B4-4A20-8C5A-4EC6B970EBDC.jpeg

This is the fly in the ScotchNat ointment - and one which the blood and soil mutton-heads ignore.
We Scots have punched above our weight in our delightful unitary nation-state - the successor to the prior kingdoms of Scotland and England - since Britain's first parliament was inaugurated by Queen Anne in May 1707.  
Sorry,how many?

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We've had 7 years since to see what The Scotland/Newco Scotland would look like and, by Christ, is it ugly. 

This is just stupid m8. A genuinely nonsensical point of view, particularly coming from someone who doesn't even live here.

For the last 7 years, Scotland has looked roughly the same as the rest of Britain. We do some things better and some things worse. 

29 minutes ago, Antlion said:

So that’s your position: the isolationist, separatist UK is horrifically bad but independence will be x10 worse (based, presumably, on the fact it doesn’t come with union flags)? If you really think that Sturgeon and co are bigger c***s than Johnson and his cohorts, you really have fallen into alt-right cuckooland. As soon as folk start resenting their country even having a devolved parliament (because we’re British, innit, not Scotch!), the slide into comical, cringing, self-loathing Kincyhood is all but complete.

This isn’t my country, I’m English, does that change things ??  I just wish your type would stop with the Toaries and Westmonster pish and say what it actually is. They’ve took a beautiful and welcoming country and ruined it

Just now, heedthebaa said:

This isn’t my country, I’m English, does that change things ??  I just wish your type would stop with the Toaries and Westmonster pish and say what it actually is. They’ve took a beautiful and welcoming country and ruined it

Country? Don’t let your fellow traveller Kincardine hear you dignify Scotland with that word. And as for taking a welcoming country and ruining it, remind me who you support as Home Secretary of the UK again? I believe she’s part of the party you think are preferable to the SNP (the same party whose last leader ran a “GO HOME” campaign). As someone who is now on record as saying you approve of the Tories - even if by comparison - you have no purchase on claiming anyone has ruined a “welcoming” country, at least if you don’t want laughed at. You literally support Scotland remaining part of a racist-led and anti-immigrant state.

13 minutes ago, Namond Brice said:

This is just stupid m8. A genuinely nonsensical point of view, particularly coming from someone who doesn't even live here.

For the last 7 years, Scotland has looked roughly the same as the rest of Britain. We do some things better and some things worse. 

That is one (of many) damnable things about the past 7 years.  With a premium of (about) £2k per skull per annum you should be doing pretty-much everything better.  You're not, though.  In many cases you're doing everything worse.

Do not run away with this fallacy that 'Scotland (looks) roughly the same as the rest of Britain'.  It doesn't.  In pretty-much every way Scotland has regressed since 2014.

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That is one (of many) damnable things about the past 7 years.  With a premium of (about) £2k per skull per annum you should be doing pretty-much everything better.  You're not, though.  In many cases you're doing everything worse.

More nonsensical logic here. Westminster holds the purse strings. 

As for doing things worse, Westminster has presided over...

A decade of stagnated wages.

IMG_20210919_011727.jpg.f95c08173242a8d3deef71be04ddb13f.jpg

Food bank use doubled.

IMG_20210919_011948.jpg.67c0de63ae2895e6fe6083782a50170a.jpg

Number of households in temporary accommodation up to levels approaching the financial crash.

IMG_20210919_011939.jpg.088714117ca093cfea3c5437d6281fa5.jpg

Homelessness up massively.

IMG_20210919_011910.jpg.19cbff3650e5235ca62b5f765a5aa92f.jpg

Police and firefighter numbers down.

IMG_20210919_011739.jpg.b4ff41691100aabba24063ff85625ccc.jpg

IMG_20210919_012931.jpg.edc8cfc5478dd378e45fe9a2f10e62df.jpg

Knife crime and racism up though, so it's not all bad.

IMG_20210919_011833.jpg.241d9165946ed678e157b359eede597a.jpg

IMG_20210919_011745.jpg.8f066a370d6c079f0fb0058bee907fc3.jpg

The safety net taken away from more and more every year.

IMG_20210919_011856.jpg.312536039f3bf6a526996d748b01bdd7.jpg

Local authority spending per person down on just about everything.

IMG_20210919_011817.thumb.jpg.145edaeaecc1dcae24bfd249bf7eb387.jpg

I could genuinely fill another 2 or 3 posts with stuff like this.

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Do not run away with this fallacy that 'Scotland (looks) roughly the same as the rest of Britain'.  It doesn't.  In pretty-much every way Scotland has regressed since 2014.

wewew.PNG.6d6f385c36ab0e76b383b159302c02e9.PNG

Edited by Namond Brice