Seven years on

Richey Edwards

On 06/10/2021 at 11:14, G51 said:

Let’s be clear on this. It’s the Highlands and Islands that has a surplus of energy and water. The only thing the Central Belt had a surplus of is gentrified town centres.

It's all still Scotland, chief.

On 02/10/2021 at 21:36, The_Kincardine said:

OK I know Scotland has punched above its weight in our unitary nation state but 'colonial mindset' is taking it a bit far.  To see England as a colony is a bit much.

However, thinking that the Wendy House Council can 'revoke the Treaty of Union' did give me a laugh.  As posts like this often prompt me to say:  The less you know about Scotland the more likely you are to be a Nat.

I agree with you in a way that the Scottish parliament is a wendy house council, especially after the uk supreme court overuled a unanimous decision by the wendy house council. The ruling confirms we are a colony in all but name, the parliament that the people of Scotland voted for was overruled by the English supreme court. (Supreme court again is a breach of the treaty of union, but there we go)  

57 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

I agree with you in a way that the Scottish parliament is a wendy house council, especially after the uk supreme court overuled a unanimous decision by the wendy house council. The ruling confirms we are a colony in all but name, the parliament that the people of Scotland voted for was overruled by the English supreme court. (Supreme court again is a breach of the treaty of union, but there we go)  

Normal people would be annoyed with Sturgeon's recent antics but she knows that the girning grievance junkies who form the core of her support need something to girn about.  She's playing you like a fiddle.

nippyawaywith.thumb.jpeg.7115c11da3b2bb9abb56586a058d7fd3.jpeg

23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Normal people would be annoyed with Sturgeon's recent antics but she knows that the girning grievance junkies who form the core of her support need something to girn about.  She's playing you like a fiddle.

nippyawaywith.thumb.jpeg.7115c11da3b2bb9abb56586a058d7fd3.jpeg

How would a rancid, far-right, xenophobic, self-hating grievance junkie like you have the first clue about what “normal people” think?

Kincardine, I want Scotland to be normal and independent, you wish to remain part of the union.  I respect that.  

Alex Salmond brought us near in 2014, and Nicola Sturgeon has not made any progress on the huge support in 2015. 

I am no fool, I know Scotland wont be independent, because our FM (nor any others in her cabinet) have the balls to go for it. 

They already know they can resile the treaty of union, but they dont want the aggro. 

Kincardine, I want Scotland to be normal and independent, you wish to remain part of the union.  I respect that.  
Alex Salmond brought us near in 2014, and Nicola Sturgeon has not made any progress on the huge support in 2015. 
I am no fool, I know Scotland wont be independent, because our FM (nor any others in her cabinet) have the balls to go for it. 
They already know they can resile the treaty of union, but they dont want the aggro. 
Ok Donnie [emoji23]

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

no idea what 'normal island' means.  You probably don't either.

It's a quite common way to describe the current situation in the big island that makes up most of the UK. I'm unsurprised that you pretend to be unaware of the term.

It's usually used ironically to describe the current shitstorm.

HTH

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

It's a quite common way to describe the current situation in the big island that makes up most of the UK.

Ah ok.  I'm used to the Natter idiocy that 'GB is an island and not a country'.  Is that part of it?

Keeping up with you ScotchNats and your weirdo ways is never easy.

Edited by The_Kincardine

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ah ok.  I'm used to the Natter idiocy that 'GB is an island and not a country'.  Is that part of it?

Keeping up with you ScotchNats and your weirdo ways is never easy.

Well, you will insist on trawling Twitter for extremists who back up your views and allow you to feed your sense of grievance in lieu of, you know, having a real life. It’s small wonder you have a warped perspective of things. Quite why you feel the need to come and spew hatred ,like clockwork, every lonely weekend is anyone’s guess. One can only assume the echoing silence of your non-existent friends in England becomes too much and, for a blessed few hours each Friday and Saturday night, you can aim some gall at those damn Scotch Natch (hic) and your screams can die down to a whimper.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

What this evening has shown - yet again - is that Natterism - the politics of hatred and division - attracts a thicket of knuckle-dragging ignoramuses.

Oh ho ho, this evening has shown that you can't defend the union without descending to name calling and insults. Best sit and have a thought about that.

Edited by Baxter Parp

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

What this evening has shown - yet again - is that Natterism - the politics of hatred and division - attracts a thicket of knuckle-dragging ignoramuses.

"if I say it often enough - four or five times every day at least - someone somewhere may just believe me"

uAzW654xiP73gp2yEZgFWMKX.gif

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

At this point is the irony deliberate as you just can’t not spew rage into the wee hours? You’ll give yourself a heart attack…

8 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

"if I say it often enough - four or five times every day at least - someone somewhere may just believe me"

Nationalism is, of course, about division.  You're surely not going to contend this?  The only area of debate is how much it's fueled by hatred and how much by ignorance.