Faroe Islands v Scotland

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

This - I don’t remotely understand the McTominay bashing after yesterday. 

He lost his man at the free kick for the Israel 2nd which was very poor defending to be fair.

I would play him in midfield alongside Gilmour but MacGregor has been playing well so you can’t argue with his selection.

McTominay is fine at centre back but just not a long term option in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

He lost his man at the free kick for the Israel 2nd which was very poor defending to be fair.

I would play him in midfield alongside Gilmour but MacGregor has been playing well so you can’t argue with his selection.

Couldn’t have told you that - can’t really tell that type of thing at the game. 

Umtimately though, that isn’t a consequence of him playing RCB, he would still be marking at set pieces if playing as a CM. 

Dont disagree with anything your saying tbh. 

On 07/10/2021 at 10:37, forameus said:

If we do beat Israel on Saturday, this needs to be targeted as the one to not just win, but win handsomely.  Moldova are going to finish bottom, so all results against them are going to get stricken from the record for the playoff seedings.  A 1-0 against them would do, but improving our goal difference against the Faroes is incredibly important, especially given that Denmark could give us an absolute hiding in the final game.

No they couldn't.

If we win a penalty at 0-0, Dykes doesn’t take it.
If we win a penalty at 0-4 up and Dykes is on the park, he takes it?
Reasonable?
If Christie plays then he'll be the taker but McGregor's probably most likely to be our new penalty taker as he's pretty much guaranteed to start every game. His penalties are consistently excellent (he's only missed one and it was the first one he took) but the fact he goes for the same spot every time might be a concern.

29 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
57 minutes ago, ropy said:
If we win a penalty at 0-0, Dykes doesn’t take it.
If we win a penalty at 0-4 up and Dykes is on the park, he takes it?
Reasonable?

If Christie plays then he'll be the taker but McGregor's probably most likely to be our new penalty taker as he's pretty much guaranteed to start every game. His penalties are consistently excellent (he's only missed one and it was the first one he took) but the fact he goes for the same spot every time might be a concern.

Never stopped Van Nistelrooy for years. 

Never stopped Van Nistelrooy for years. 
You made me watch a YouTube compilation off a bunch of his goals for MU (including I think all his penalties). There was something hypnotic about watching so many in a row go to the one side but he did mix it up eventually.

Think I’m more in McTominay in midfield camp.  We now have a backline that’s balanced and can play out with Hendry in the RCB spot.

Bryan Robson was saying the other day that he thinks McTominay should be given a box to box role at Man U rather than a holding midfield role because of his box threat and engine. 
I think that would compliment Gilmour more.  Depth of options are what the big teams have and it pushes each other on despite that being harsh on McGregor. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

We've had problems before against The Faroes, but they looked an especially poor lot at Hampden....worse than Moldova. 

It's important that we start with the same intensity as we had in the second half last night. Fraser in for Adams please, pace is good. 

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I am not sure if he is fine at centre back.

Hanley will play on Tuesday. I would imagine Hendry can bring the ball out of defence as well as McTominay

5 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

I am not sure if he is fine at centre back.

Hanley will play on Tuesday. I would imagine Hendry can bring the ball out of defence as well as McTominay

Hendry is decent on the ball, but he can’t bring the ball out anything close to what McTominay did at times last night. He is obviously better defensively though. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Hendry is decent on the ball, but he can’t bring the ball out anything close to what McTominay did at times last night. He is obviously better defensively though. 
I don't think Hendry's been great on the ball since he came back; not necessarily bad on it and definitely composed and comfortable, but like you say McTominay's a lot more effective.

Nesbitt or Christie in for Adams. Keep the rest the same. Could take or leave Hanley, thought the second half the back 3 were outstanding and it should be more of the same on Tuesday - front foot from the start, play the whole game in their half and we will be fine