Edinburgh - what is wrong with the place?

Last time I watched an old Firm Match was 2006 when we needed Celtic to take points off rangers to keep our push for 2nd on track. I dug out every single green item of clothing in my wardrobe, put both of them on  and headed down to the IB to cheer on Gordon Strachan's Bhoys as they shitfested their way to a 0-0 draw which suited me but left the usual denizens grumpy and restless so I got out swiftly before things got uglier
I don't know whether anybody appreciated my choice of socks 
Hope you didnt bathe for the week prior so you would fit in.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Enjoyed the list there from Topcat. 

The Ale House at Haymarket was a great wee boozer, and I always made a point of popping in there before and after a Hearts game. 

Now a tram stop or whatever. RIP. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Enjoyed the list there from Topcat. 

The Ale House at Haymarket was a great wee boozer, and I always made a point of popping in there before and after a Hearts game. 

Now a tram stop or whatever. RIP. 

I think it may have been the redevelopment of the station as opposed to the tram stop that did for it. It's now a marks and spencers so you can get your carry out for the train north there.

"Platform five" has opened across the road in the ground floor of a hotel and really combines the soullessness of a hotel bar with the soullessness of a bar in a transport hub into one deeply uninspiring package.

If you're looking for a replacement to the Ale House for drinks within running for the train distance then Ryries  is probably your best bet

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think it may have been the redevelopment of the station as opposed to the tram stop that did for it. It's now a marks and spencers so you can get your carry out for the train north there.

"Platform five" has opened across the road in the ground floor of a hotel and really combines the soullessness of a hotel bar with the soullessness of a bar in a transport hub into one deeply uninspiring package.

If you're looking for a replacement to the Ale House for drinks within running for the train distance then Ryries  is probably your best bet

Yeah, I've been in Platform 5 a few times for Tynie and Murrayfield. 

I was in there in August before the 1-1 draw and was made to sit outside because we hadn't booked a table for a pint. Lol. 

For some reason every time I've been in Ryries it's been packed and I can never get served... 😞 

20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Ryries was shut when I went by it recently.

The perils of doing a list like this when so many places have failed to emerge intact from Covid

It remains to be seen what will happen with Lebowskis as well

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)