Could you build a squad from this seasons other 10 and win the league.

34 minutes ago, big al said:

🤣🤣

What?

Gordon, Souttar and Boyce stroll into the strongest 11 of a non-OF side. Smith, Cochrane, Devlin, Baningime, McKay all strong contenders and you'd struggle to argue there's many clearly better than them. I'd have Ramsay ahead of Smith.

Put Boyle in up front beside McKay and Boyce and who's missing out who shouldn't be? Nisbet maybe?

Outside that you're arguing over CBs where again its much of a muchness.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

What?

Gordon, Souttar and Boyce stroll into the strongest 11 of a non-OF side. Smith, Cochrane, Devlin, Baningime, McKay all strong contenders and you'd struggle to argue there's many clearly better than them. I'd have Ramsay ahead of Smith.

Put Boyle in up front beside McKay and Boyce and who's missing out who shouldn't be? Nisbet maybe?

Is Boyce really that good? I’m not so sure. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Probably not but equally I wouldn’t say he’s comfortably better than the rest, as I was challenging the idea that he’d ‘stroll’ into a non OF XI. 

I think he walks into every starting line up in the league, which is where my logic was coming from. Maybe Hibs would pick Nisbet ahead of him, but hes been poor for a while now.

Baningime and Boyce wouldn't make it into an AFC team ahead of Brown and Watkins or Ramirez. Strange even trying to even suggest otherwise. I'm sure league table will show conclusively in May for any doubters.

Running out of steam after the first quarter of a season and found out after the "surprise package" bit has worn off. Always the same story with their scattergun signing policy and collection of misfits they collect. 

Gordon makes that team look a lot better than it is. Could have been 5 for AFC** not in top gear yet. Best keeper in league.

From Hearts I’d say Gordon, Souttar and Beni. The others would be debatable. Maybe Boyce. Much as I despise him, I’d probably have Brown in there too. Boyle from Hibs, but no to the shouts for Doig and Nisbet. Mulgrew and Watkins probably deserve a shout. Adam probably does enough to get in too. Not sure there’s enough to build a squad strong enough to do it over a season though.

Do we get to provide the ref? Might have a chance that way.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think he walks into every starting line up in the league, which is where my logic was coming from. Maybe Hibs would pick Nisbet ahead of him, but hes been poor for a while now.

Boyce is hot and cold.

When he's hot, he's better than any non-OF striker. When he's not, he's an empty jersey.

What?

I’d take Baningime, but Ferguson, Brown, Ramsay, Hedges all clearly better than them.

21 minutes ago, scottorae said:

I’d take Baningime, but Ferguson, Brown, Ramsay, Hedges all clearly better than them.

Yeah Ramsay better than Smith. Ferguson would depend on what shape you want to play.

The rest are marginal gains over Hearts players.

I just don't think any combination of players gets close to the OF over a season tbh.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Ramsay better than Smith. Ferguson would depend on what shape you want to play.

The rest are marginal gains over Hearts players.

I just don't think any combination of players gets close to the OF over a season tbh.

This is damning as hell as both Rangers and Celtic are not great right now (Even after Rangers pumped Motherwell).

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It’s hard to take the thread seriously...

Were we meant to? Look at that midfield and attack, howfing.

I genuinely thought it was a wind up post in an attempt to get bites.

11 hours ago, Ric said:

Were we meant to? Look at that midfield and attack, howfing.

I genuinely thought it was a wind up post in an attempt to get bites.

I was really just throwing names out there to get the thread started I’ve watched about 65 mins of Premeirship football in total this season.

Forgive me though for naming players like Brown, Watt and ignoring the stars of *checks league table* 8th placed St Mirren.