Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

43 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Just cos I don't think any outfield St Johnstone players are good enough for Scotland,you call me troll 

I don't think any outfield St Johnstone players are good enough for Scotland either.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

So you think we should call Naismith up instead of McTomminey? Wild.

Hanley just dropped out the squad,for the third time we are talking about possibly bringing a player in to have a look at

And clearly I never said that,only mentioned McSauce playing a different posistion for Scotland than his club

Becouse that is what will happen when Hickey breaks into the side over SOD,that your happy is in the squad 

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Hanley just dropped out the squad,for the third time we are talking about possibly bringing a player in to have a look at

And clearly I never said that,only mentioned McSauce playing a different posistion for Scotland than his club

Becouse that is what will happen when Hickey breaks into the side over SOD,that your happy is in the squad 

He’s 29, will be 32 by the time the next European Championships start. Even if he is as good as you think he is, the time for taking a look at him is well past. If we are going to take a look at any potential centre backs it should be younger players who have the potential to get better. Or we keep McKenna about giving him international experience and hope he can take his game to the next level.

He’s 29, will be 32 by the time the next European Championships start. Even if he is as good as you think he is, the time for taking a look at him is well past. If we are going to take a look at any potential centre backs it should be younger players who have the potential to get better. Or we keep McKenna about giving him international experience and hope he can take his game to the next level.

Declan Gallacher is 30 and Andy Constidine is 34 so again another uniformed ill thought out argument on your part

Remember we are only talking about cover here

Just now, General dissaray said:

Declan Gallacher is 30 and Andy Constidine is 34 so again another uniformed ill thought out argument on your part

Remember we are only talking about cover here

Neither of which are in the Scotland squad, quite rightly.

Your “cover” is Hendry, McKenna and Cooper. So as I said before Naismith should be nowhere near the Scotland team.

Your “cover” is Hendry, McKenna and Cooper. So as I said before Naismith should be nowhere near the Scotland team.

It's MacKenna and both Naismith and Hyam are having better seasons with there clubs than him who are all ahead off Nottingham Forrest 

3 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

It's MacKenna and both Naismith and Hyam are having better seasons with there clubs than him who are all ahead off Nottingham Forrest 

No, it’s McKenna. McKenna is the youngest of the lot, has the most potential, playing at exactly the same level as the other two, already has 23 caps and has experience of playing at a major tournament. It’s a no brainer.

If he can get better we are hopefully looking at a regular starting centre back. Not a 29 year old who is only going to get worse and already isn’t good enough to start for Scotland, for example.

See for what it’s worth, Dominic Hyam looks, on paper, like an alright enough shout to be among the group of guys on the edge of the squad, like Gallagher, Souttar etc. Naismith is a dreadful shout though. 

I suppose when you just name every Scottish player playing anywhere, you’re bound to get some right eventually. 

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

No, it’s McKenna. McKenna is the youngest of the lot, has the most potential, playing at exactly the same level as the other two, already has 23 caps and has experience of playing at a major tournament. It’s a no brainer.

If he can get better we are hopefully looking at a regular starting centre back. Not a 29 year old who is only going to get worse and already isn’t good enough to start for Scotland, for example.

David Bates is 25 he has six caps and he never booted a ball for a terrible Sheffield Wednesday team in the English championship 

Between 28 to 32 is a center half in there prime 

I don't particularly rate Cooper or MacKenna either even though Cooper is the Leeds captain,but I respect him for wanting to play for Scotland at a early age

How old you are shouldn't matter there are younger guys like Bates that probably will never get capped again 

And Porteous is a thug he would get red carded at International level with VAR with his shocking tackles 

Soutar lost lots off pace to after his injury would dread seeing him play for us as well

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

See for what it’s worth, Dominic Hyam looks, on paper, like an alright enough shout to be among the group of guys on the edge of the squad, like Gallagher, Souttar etc. Naismith is a dreadful shout though. 

I suppose when you just name every Scottish player playing anywhere, you’re bound to get some right eventually. 

I don't I watch the games and been following Luton closely for the past couple off seasons,because I like the under dog 

All the Naismith is a bad shout don't go into detail about why he is

Just talk about his age when there are older guys and guys already in the squad

5 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

David Bates is 25 he has six caps and he never booted a ball for a terrible Sheffield Wednesday team in the English championship 

Between 28 to 32 is a center half in there prime 

I don't particularly rate Cooper or MacKenna either even though Cooper is the Leeds captain,but I respect him for wanting to play for Scotland at a early age

How old you are shouldn't matter there are younger guys like Bates that probably will never get capped again 

And Porteous is a thug he would get red carded at International level with VAR with his shocking tackles 

Soutar lost lots off pace to after his injury would dread seeing him play for us as well

Coming up with players with caps for Scotland who now are not even close to being called up, because they aren’t good enough isn’t a good reason to give someone else who isn’t good enough a cap.

Age does matter in International football though. You need to get the younger guys with potential in the squad so they know what international football is all about. So when they hit their prime they know exactly what to expect. You can’t just go out and get whoever you want if someone doesn’t work out like at club level, so you need to try plan a few campaigns in advance when it comes to back up players. Calling up 29 year olds who are currently not good enough to play for Scotland and never will be is just total nonsense.

If you had put all this effort into promoting Hyam as an option I don’t think you’d have found too many disagreeing with you. If our first 6 choice centre backs aren’t available he could well be worth a call up to see what he’s about. 

32 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Coming up with players with caps for Scotland who now are not even close to being called up, because they aren’t good enough isn’t a good reason to give someone else who isn’t good enough a cap.

Age does matter in International football though. You need to get the younger guys with potential in the squad so they know what international football is all about. So when they hit their prime they know exactly what to expect. You can’t just go out and get whoever you want if someone doesn’t work out like at club level, so you need to try plan a few campaigns in advance when it comes to back up players. Calling up 29 year olds who are currently not good enough to play for Scotland and never will be is just total nonsense.

If you had put all this effort into promoting Hyam as an option I don’t think you’d have found too many disagreeing with you. If our first 6 choice centre backs aren’t available he could well be worth a call up to see what he’s about. 

Really that is why Clarke called up Gallacher Constidine then so he must be wrong

Tell you what mate go write to the SFA and tell him that then 

Hyam hasn't the pace that Elliott and Naismith has so he would probably struggle at international level

Hanley worked on his pace looking good now Hendry and McTominay have pace to that is why it works when they play together 

To play international football at any posistion our players need strength and pace and a bit off guile and street smarts

Its how we beat better skillfull technical teams always has been that way and always will

No matter who comes through the academies in future that we get exited about 

Edited by General dissaray

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Gallacher is injured we don't put injured players into the squad and he has been in loads off them sometimes not playing 

Tidy enough on the ball good passer and great in the air,but struggles against any kind off pace in behind 

It's why I would give Jack Elliott a go over him,surely worth a shout sitting 2nd in the MLS still 25 

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

Awright key board hard man,a better watch my back then in case you do a drive by on me in your supped up Massie Ferguson 

Lighten up.

Worst part is Hyam is a decent shout.

Can even see the logic in suggesting Naismith too as, going by style and not talent, he'd be a decent fit as the adventurous left sided CB.

The main issue I have is the fact that neither is so good that it's an outrage neither are capped, yet you make 50+ posts a week suggesting them.

Jack Elliot I've literally no idea about, but he was seemingly mentioned to the Scotland set up well over a year ago so they presumably know his strengths/weaknesses by now.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Lighten up.

Worst part is Hyam is a decent shout.

Can even see the logic in suggesting Naismith too as, going by style and not talent, he'd be a decent fit as the adventurous left sided CB.

The main issue I have is the fact that neither is so good that it's an outrage neither are capped, yet you make 50+ posts a week suggesting them.

Jack Elliot I've literally no idea about, but he was seemingly mentioned to the Scotland set up well over a year ago so they presumably know his strengths/weaknesses by now.

I haven't made 50 posts about it at all,all I've done is defend what I'm talking about to numerous posters 

And I'm still standing by it the shouts that play in Scotland give me the absolute fear and I've already explained why 

35 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The guys playing in Scotland when they came in at centre half all did absolutely fine, Gallagher did very well for a while. I wouldn't have them back in the team if everyone is fit, but the idea that they'd be considerably worse than Kal Naismith is fucking laughable. 

Gallacher isn't good enough to play in the English championship neither is SOD,if they were they would went were the red tops where linking them to and be making 3 or 4 times what there getting at Motherwell and Aberdeen 

One off there last pay days setting up there families for life,the bottom line is that nobody wanted them

How long was SOD a free agent clearly just waiting to get a move there,he also said publicly he wanted to play in that league