Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

20 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
8 hours ago, TheScarf said:
Fletcher scored the winner for Stoke last night.

I'm reckoning Clarke actually went to Fletcher and asked him if he'd come back. Fletcher said no, but recommended Brown.

Maybe he asked him back for a one off game and he said naw,because he did say he could have had another in

But maybe he was talking about Sirki Dembele who must be close or even Karlan Grant he spoke to again?

Fletcher made it clear years back at sheff wed
Said couldn't be called up as was managing an injury,  then played twice in the following week 
Yeah I think he scored in one of those games too!
Strachan (I think he was boss then) knew about the situation though, and that Fletcher would be playing for his club. It wasn't the custard pie that it first appeared to be.
He's also played and scored for Scotland since. His time is gone, but in this rare circumstance, I'd have been absolutely fine with him in the squad.

41 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah I think he scored in one of those games too!
Strachan (I think he was boss then) knew about the situation though, and that Fletcher would be playing for his club. It wasn't the custard pie that it first appeared to be.
He's also played and scored for Scotland since. His time is gone, but in this rare circumstance, I'd have been absolutely fine with him in the squad.

Would send all the wrong messages to the current squad and any future 

Would send all the wrong messages to the current squad and any future 
Dunno, it could also be a productive rocket right up the arse of the likes of Shankland, Griffiths etc.

I like that Clarke doesn't go scraping around the 30 something guys "who can do a job" in general, but in this instance, and with the the paucity of in-form strikers, I'd be fine with it. I don't think it'd wreck squad harmony or anything.

Anyway, he's not been called up, and Jacob Brown has. Hope he proves to be a find. He certainly has a potentially longer term future with the squad than Fletcher.

I didn't see the game but if it's true that he's beginning to improve then that would be very encouraging. I've been worried about his future in this Celtic side and think he's more likely to be dropped from the Scotland squad than start a game, however if Postecoglou sticks with him then that will help overcome his biggest weaknesses more than being the main man in Lennon's team would have.

Just now, accies1874 said:

f**k. I would've played Hanley both games with McSauce v Moldova and Hendry v Denmark so I suppose just swap Cooper in for Hanley now. I wouldn't be surprised if Hendry plays in the middle in both games though.

Be surprised if it's not Hendry in the middle with Mctominay and Tierney if fit  now. Especially against Moldova where we should (in theory) have more of the ball.

If Tierney and Hanley are out I suspect like others have said it’ll be Cooper, Hendry and McTominay at the back.

That only leaves McKenna in the event of any injuries/suspensions so I reckon we need another centre half in there.

John Souttar is the only real option, players he’s called up before; Gallagher and Considine injured, Hanlon and Porteous likely to have covid or be isolating with Hibs having only 8 available players.

Genuinely can’t think of anyone else although I’m sure someone will be along soon to point out a Coventry 5th choice centre half from Bishops Stortford with a Scottish step grandad is available.

10 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

If Tierney and Hanley are out I suspect like others have said it’ll be Cooper, Hendry and McTominay at the back.

That only leaves McKenna in the event of any injuries/suspensions so I reckon we need another centre half in there.

John Souttar is the only real option, players he’s called up before; Gallagher and Considine injured, Hanlon and Porteous likely to have covid or be isolating with Hibs having only 8 available players.

Genuinely can’t think of anyone else although I’m sure someone will be along soon to point out a Coventry 5th choice centre half from Bishops Stortford with a Scottish step grandad is available.

Or equally that Kal Naismith's time cometh...

Doesn't seem much point calling anyone up with Tierney, Cooper, McKenna, McTominay and Hendry 5 into 3 as it is.

Step forward Elliott Philadelphia

35 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Dom Hyam been ever present for Coventry and born,in Dundee he isn't the quickest though but neither is MacKenna or Souttar either 

And the least said about Declan Gallacher the better

Poor man's Jack Elliott

Edited by General dissaray

3 hours ago, Scumjob said:

Or equally that Kal Naismith's time cometh...

Doesn't seem much point calling anyone up with Tierney, Cooper, McKenna, McTominay and Hendry 5 into 3 as it is.

I suppose the only worry with that is that there are a lot of players one card away from a suspension, not sure if any of our centre half’s are in that boat kind you.

8 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I suppose the only worry with that is that there are a lot of players one card away from a suspension, not sure if any of our centre half’s are in that boat kind you.

Actually it's a great opertunity to look at someone when others are out injured who would probably have came in

Doesn't need to be Naismith could also be someone like big Jack Elliott someone at the back with pace is essential though to play and compete at this level if they play which they obviously won't they would only be there as cover asking Elliott to travel from other side off the world is a bit much not to play so try and get Naismith in instead would be a good shout

Edited by General dissaray

Dom Hyam been ever present for Coventry and born,in Dundee he isn't the quickest though but neither is MacKenna or Souttar either 
And the least said about Declan Gallacher the better
Poor man's Jack Elliott
Dominic Hyam has a pretty terrible reputation amongst the Coventry fans.