Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

From what I've seen of him this year he's been pretty good overall. Considering he's came from nowhere really he's doing well, perhaps he can kick on with regular games and get better. 

Never a first choice right back for me, but a decent backup. Miles ahead of o'donnell. Playing already at a level he couldn't.

SOD got a assist against Czeck Republic a higher ranked team than us,so he most certainly can make chances 

And he can also score as I've pointed out before he has been very unlucky so far not to have one or two goals 20 yard long shots he can be dangerous with them has it in his locker to dig one into the top corner 

1 hour ago, greenockraver said:

As a rebuttal to this,

He has answered criticism as being a celtic reject to

1.becoming their 1st choice right back

Ralston is not their 1st choice RB

3 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

Who is ?

Juranovic, he's just being forced to play LB as they never bothered to sign one and Taylor is injured.

3 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Is that aimed at me no I'm actually correcting myself that isn't arguing with myself 

And if I don't the usual posters slag off my spelling and grammar 

See you can't make a simple mistake here but six or seven people are on to you

As if there perfect and never made a mistake, or it's from posters that pop up but you never actually see them have a conversation or talk football 

They're*

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Juranovic, he's just being forced to play LB as they never bothered to sign one and Taylor is injured.

Celtic paid £3 million for Bolingoli who has been frozen out again this season.

He played for Basaksehir in the Champions League Group H (versus PSG, Man United and RB Leipzig) last season. 

Ferencvaros humiliated Lennon's duds out in the qualifiers.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

I think O'Donnell is a lot better going forward than most appreciate. It's easy to pigeonhole him as good defensively and shite in attack as that's how he ranks compared to the others competing for his spot.

He's definitely a player who likes to get forward, he's just not as good at that part of it as the likes of Forrest, Fraser or Paterson, none of whom are really right backs, and not as good at it as Tierney or Robertson on the other side, who many on here call world class. Ramsey and Patterson obviously have huge potential.

He's not going to jink past defenders (though I, perhaps erroneously, remember him having a great game against Austria) and his crossing isn't consistent but he does know which part of the park to stand in or run to and that alone means opponents need to take him into consideration.

He's not the sort of player we want to see in the starting line up but it's quite clear why he continues to be in the squad.

In short: far from the complete package but not as poor as many make out.

18 hours ago, RobbieD said:

😂😂😂 there’s no way you watched Naismith tonight to know anything about his performance.

Go look on the Luton axis off evil web sight and see what there saying about Naismith they absolutely love him some even saying he is one off the best defenders in the league 

And remember they used to have Stephen O Donnell

33 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think O'Donnell is a lot better going forward than most appreciate. It's easy to pigeonhole him as good defensively and shite in attack as that's how he ranks compared to the others competing for his spot.

He's definitely a player who likes to get forward, he's just not as good at that part of it as the likes of Forrest, Fraser or Paterson, none of whom are really right backs, and not as good at it as Tierney or Robertson on the other side, who many on here call world class. Ramsey and Patterson obviously have huge potential.

He's not going to jink past defenders (though I, perhaps erroneously, remember him having a great game against Austria) and his crossing isn't consistent but he does know which part of the park to stand in or run to and that alone means opponents need to take him into consideration.

He's not the sort of player we want to see in the starting line up but it's quite clear why he continues to be in the squad.

I think the issue is that O'Donnell is great at getting forward but when he's there he's not really up to much.

55 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Go look on the Luton axis off evil web sight and see what there saying about Naismith they absolutely love him some even saying he is one off the best defenders in the league 

And remember they used to have Stephen O Donnell

Aye, they must know true class down there in that case.

He's bald these days isn't he too and I think we need a bald lad.

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

There's a reason that while in his absolute prime he went on a free transfer to motherwell. Its because he's as poor as many make out.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

On 02/11/2021 at 12:16, KingRocketman II said:

am seething cos a pacy winger/attacker was needed and Clarke decided this guy was a better option than Russell....

he just leaving this here:

our most inform attacking player. someone supremely confident to be included for the next two games - not thinking about his age or the medium/longer term - just 4/6 points!

The problem with the MLS is the lack of intensity in the games and the quality of defending.

The MLS often comes on "freesports" on freeview either quite late at night or early in the morning.

The mls has 2 conferences, two parallel round robins where almost half the teams from each qualify for the "playoff round" for the eventual "mls cup" game which decides the title winner.

The thing is, during the round robin section, there is no threat of relegation or incentive to win every game as 14 teams from 27 will qualify from the MLS cup playoffs anyway.

What results is a weird game of football.

Because of the "designated" player system mixed with a wage cap system, you have older players who have a shadow of the desire they once had playing out the twilight of their career alongside players who are perhaps of a standard which is hard to judge due to the strange pacing of the matches

Another thing you notice is the almost complete absence of defence. The positioning of defenders in the games that come on freesports are definitely not to the standard you see in the SPFL.

In mls games (especially during the league section), what you immediately notice is that football in usa is very different. Games are played at padestrian pace, theres usually little press or urgency from each side.

Seeing gauld go to this league was disappointing as it was arguably a major step down

34 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

he just leaving this here:

our most inform attacking player. someone supremely confident to be included for the next two games - not thinking about his age or the medium/longer term - just 4/6 points!

We get that you’re disappointed at not getting called up, Johnny, but there’s really nothing anyone on here can do about it. 

10 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I see that player who is eligible to play for us due to his Scottish mother scored the winner for Stoke tonight.

Aye but he's about 40 though.