Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

I think the general posts some OK stuff but it needs toned down.

I've certainly learned about a lot of potentially eligible players however if Steve Clarke followed his advice and called them all up we'd have a squad of about 50 players.

If we ever decide to resurrect the B team then by all means put the general in charge or give him a job scouting.

22 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

I've certainly learned about a lot of potentially eligible players however if Steve Clarke followed his advice and called them all up we'd have a squad of about 50 players.

If we ever decide to resurrect the B team then by all means put the general in charge or give him a job scouting.

Context would be great in here 

Especially when I mentioned the defenders as back up to other alternatives like Constidine and Gallacher 

Seems I can't post anything in here because it seems that someone wants to judge what is a good post and what isn't 

Exactly why don't they just block me if I'm such a terrible poster?

6 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Context would be great in here 

Especially when I mentioned the defenders as back up to other alternatives like Constidine and Gallacher 

Seems I can't post anything in here because it seems that someone wants to judge what is a good post and what isn't 

Exactly why don't they just block me if I'm such a terrible poster?

Erm not back ups but better alternatives back up to who plays rather if any ever were lucky enough to get in

Jack Elliott has pace is 6.6 six and 25 but aye let us play SPL jobbers ahead off him that will make sence 

4 hours ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

We should definitely jettison half the defensive side of the squad for *checks notes* Dom Hyam, * cleans glasses and puts them back on* Kai Naismith and *squints at phone* some guy who's played 12 games for Millwall.

Again if you read the answer to the guy,he was talking about back up to the squad to come in 

And that is what I am talking about as well,that we have some good options that haven't been capped that are doing well in a league better than ours

Maybe if Aberdeen and St Johnstone played European football consistently got to the group stages the conversation would be different 

I love Scotland and Scottish football but I'm only being realistic 

And want our country to be moving forward together even if we don't make the world Cup

Be in a stronger position to be at the next Euroes and players like Gallacher and Constidine aren't the future 

Jack Elliot may be worth a look at some point though Clarke has actually benefited from the centre back position improving a fair bit in terms of depth compared to previous years.

Hanley looks to have shed some of the bombscare tendencies whilst maintaining his monstrous physical gifts.

Hendry is maturing into a genuinly decent centre back.

Tierney and McTominay are strong options for the system.

Cooper is a premier league centre back, that doesn't mean he's any good but we rarely see our central defenders get a gig at this level.

McKenna is one of a clutch of players playing at a solid level in the Championship and has been in and around our squads for awhile. He's also in a similar mould to Hanley in terms of his strengths.

The likes of Dom Hyam and Tom McIntyre are doing well at that level but need to do more if they're going to displace one of the above as Clarke rightly likes a settled squad.

Equally there are centre backs our side of the border like Souttar and Porteous who are looking to prove they deserve inclusion.

It's great for us that you no longer get in the squad just because your side is fourth in the championship, because you're 6 foot 6 or just because someone finds out you've a Scots nan. This is progress.

Edited by Scumjob

6 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

Jack Elliot may be worth a look at some point though Clark has actually benefited from the centre back position improving a fair bit in terms of depth compared to previous years.

Hanley looks to have shed some of the bombscare tendencies whilst maintaining his monstrous physical gifts.

Cooper is a premier league centre back, that doesn't mean he's any good but we rarely see our central defenders get a gig at this level.

McKenna is one of a clutch of players playing at a solid level in the Championship and has been in and around our squads for awhile. He's also in a similar mould to Hanley in terms of his strengths.

The likes of Dom Hyam and Tom McIntyre are doing well at that level but need to do more if they're going to displace one of the above as Clark rightly likes a settled squad.

Equally there are centre backs our side of the border like Souttar and Porteous who are looking to prove they deserve inclusion.

It's great for us that you no longer get in the squad just because your side is fourth in the championship, because your 6 foot 6 or just because someone finds out you've a Scots nan. This is progress.

Tom McIntyre isn't playing after getting linked to Bayern Munich and a lot off times when he does he has coverted into a holding midfielder he singed a new deal at Reading 

So what your saying is Clarke doesn't pick the team on current form?

Wait till it turns against us the same people will be shouting sack him cos he doesn't play form players

Guy canny win sometimes your missing 6.6 with pace where as Gallacher is 6.5 or 6 with no pace there is a difference 

12 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

Jack Elliot may be worth a look at some point though Clark has actually benefited from the centre back position improving a fair bit in terms of depth compared to previous years.

The likes of Dom Hyam and Tom McIntyre are doing well at that level but need to do more if they're going to displace one of the above as Clark rightly likes a settled squad.

It's great for us that you no longer get in the squad just because your side is fourth in the championship, because your 6 foot 6 or just because someone finds out you've a Scots nan. This is progress.

Elliott has Scottish parents the same as Lyndon Dykes in my opinion that makes them as Scottish as any off us that were born here,get him involved in the nations league get him in the squad get a look at him in training 

6 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Tom McIntyre isn't playing after getting linked to Bayern Munich and a lot off times when he does he has coverted into a holding midfielder he singed a new deal at Reading 

So what your saying is Clarke doesn't pick the team on current form?

Wait till it turns against us the same people will be shouting sack him cos he doesn't play form players

Guy canny win sometimes your missing 6.6 with pace where as Gallacher is 6.5 or 6 with no pace there is a difference 

McIntyre is injured currently. Gallagher isn't even in the squad?

I don't really know what you're suggesting, Clarke is picking a settled squad of players he trusts. None of whom have been so dreadful for us to be deserving of being binned off. We can see with the gradual introduction of Patterson over SOD that he will favour evolution of the side rather than revolution and he will identify where the side can be improved.

What are you suggesting? Play musical chairs with every squad announcement calling up various players who you've decided are arbitrarily on form sometimes based on league position or their physical attributes. 

2 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

I don't really know what you're suggesting, Clarke is picking a settled squad of players he trusts. None of whom have been so dreadful for us to be deserving of being binned off. We can see with the gradual introduction of Patterson over SOD that he will favour evolution of the side rather than revolution and he will identify where the side can be improved.

What are you suggesting? Play musical chairs with every squad announcement calling up various players who you've decided are arbitrarily on form sometimes based on league position or their physical attributes. 

I aren't suggesting that at all just suggesting Gallacher and Constidine are good enough back up and aren't the future Constidine is 34

If your looking at a new younger left sided defender that can carry the ball out off defensive as cover it has to be Kal Naismith who is 29 he is performing to a much better standard 

As I said if Scottish teams were performing in Europe there might be cases for Porteous Souttar these younger alternatives but they aren't 

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I aren't suggesting that at all just suggesting Gallacher and Constidine are good enough back up and aren't the future Constidine is 34

If your looking at a new younger left sided defender that can carry the ball out off defensive as cover it has to be Kal Naismith who is 29 he is performing to a much better standard 

As I said if Scottish teams were performing in Europe there might be cases for Porteous Souttar these younger alternatives but they aren't 

Aren't good enough back up to play international football or to play in a good league center backs have to have pace 

And even if they haven't got the pace they need to read the game and be clever on the ball 

Being agressive and brave only gets you so far as a defender and without the athletism and speed your nothing at the top

12 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

Hendy is playing with a champions league team because he has athletism and pace he can block and has perfect recovery time,very few defenders in our squad bar Hanley and Tierney can do this pace is everything 

We need more that can do this,aren't going to mention McSauce cos he should be in midfield 

1 hour ago, Scumjob said:

Kal Naismith has pace still gets the odd game as a winger for Luton,but aye forget it maybe yes sir I can boogie has another year in him as the cover

2 minutes ago, red23 said:

i've never blocked someone before but after trawling through about 6 pages of "lets call up kai naismith etc" i've just about had enough.

Well in that case you never trolled through them or understand the context in what we are talking about

But aye great go right ahead and do that if you got nothing better to contribute 

Naismith was excellent again tonight beat Middlesbrough 3 1 one off the bigger championship sides

2 hours ago, Scumjob said:

Talking about pool off players Serbia aren't that much more more populated than us,they maybe are but only by a couple off million 

And there squad is much more bigger than ours why do people have such a fear off a bigger squad?

We don't know how a player is going to turn out just look at Harry Souttar as a example who we mist out on he looks set to move to EPL

And we mist McGeady and McCarthey as well,we should have a bigger squad 

And give us another year or two we will have a bigger squad 

We have some cracking talent coming through we should have no fear in throwing in 

Doig if needed

Hickey if needed

Ramsay if needed

Potential caps for

Gauld

Henderson 

And that is just a few off the home grown ones 

It's not counting the shocks like getting guys like Brown in from down south 

Might be a few others flying under the radar that we can get that nobody knows about?