Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

2 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

I don't think there will be any new faces/changes in the squad. Unless Tierney doesn't make it, Hickey might come in. Up front I reckon he'll just go with Adams/Fraser/Christie with Dykes coming back in for Denmark. 

How did you annoy S.S.C. ?

18 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yes because historically players can never improve and go on to have better seasons than previous…

Apart from Vardy who has come up out up through the divisions and been a regular up front for England?

Can think off the Watford center forward getting a few caps?

Can you think off any more?

Karlan Grant will never play for England he might get a move in January though if he keeps up his form but WBA might block it cos they need him to win the league 

Karlan Grant will never play for England they have to many much better options

Grant how ever could be one off the four in our squad going on,and have a international career if he wants it

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Glad he's finally called Jacob Brown up, I've been banging on about him for years.

I feel as though I've heard of Jacob Brown, but that might be because he has the most Championship-sounding name imaginable (happy to hear alternative suggestions).

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Hickey for Tierney is a stick on. Press jobbers on Twitterland saying Jacob Brown and Karlan Grant are in. Never heard of this guy Brown. Winger apparently. We don’t need any more of them tbh. We have Fraser and Forrest, both playing for bigger clubs at a better level, in a team that uses wingbacks. Hopefully just a load of shite.

Nisbet’s form has been pish, but can’t see why Clarke would change too much when there is no need to this late in the qualifiers. Will just be a case of replacing the suspended or injured.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Hickey for Tierney is a stick on

Not yet !

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

I mean I’m not as big a SOD fan as many on here but he’s started Motherwell’s last 7 games, so “not playing” isn’t something you can say about him.

The other player I was on about was Patterson who isn't getting much game time . Thought was maybe obvious.. clearly not 

3 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Apart from Vardy who has come up out up through the divisions and been a regular up front for England?

Can think off the Watford center forward getting a few caps?

Can you think off any more?

Karlan Grant will never play for England he might get a move in January though if he keeps up his form but WBA might block it cos they need him to win the league 

Karlan Grant will never play for England they have to many much better options

Grant how ever could be one off the four in our squad going on,and have a international career if he wants it

Troy Deany was the guy I was thinking about never played much for them 

Gabby Abonglhor could played for us but only got 14 caps or something for England 

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

It's still the same Anthony Ralston that wasn't good enough for Celtic last year

Why is he suddenly good enough for them now and Scotland 

But aye right now he probably looks at better player than SOD 

But SOD is solid on one on ones and is good in the air and more defensive minded

And that is why he is in,also don't think there is even a debate about who is better when comparing him to Patterson 

If we are taking Patterson out the squad the rest who aren't getting much game time need to come with him,Gilmour and Fraser and Armstrong 

And that simply isn't going to happen not with Stevie Clarke 

I'm not disputing any of this. This is how I see many look at it. Sitting on the bench all week not getting a game at club level but a banker for Scotland squad. Just how it is 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Patterson, playing or not, is clearly a better player than Ralston though. And SOD, for all his faults, is relatively experienced at international level now, and Clarke obviously trusts him.

Ralston is currently looking competent for the first time in his career, and he still won’t be anywhere near Celtic’s long term plans. Because he isn’t very good. 

I dont disagree. But I do see why people see how others should be in the squad over others who are doing zero at club level. Patterson I hope fucks off to another club and gets game time. SOD I hope this campaign will be his last. Fraser I don't rate and last Scotland games he wasn't up to much. 

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

I'm not disputing any of this. This is how I see many look at it. Sitting on the bench all week not getting a game at club level but a banker for Scotland squad. Just how it is 

Patterson is one off the best right backs in Europe that is why he gets a game 

Shouldn't we be thankful to have him instead of moaning that he isn't getting games?

Remember when Hutton wasn't getting games as well and was our best player?

Always did the job for us as well

34 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

He may not be, but those stats are meaningless in that context. He’s not a striker.

Adams has 15 in 88 for Southampton. Presume he’s not international class either?

Southampton are in a different league,  literally 

11 minutes ago, derek_holmes said:

I feel as though I've heard of Jacob Brown, but that might be because he has the most Championship-sounding name imaginable (happy to hear alternative suggestions).

Luke Taylor

Jason Andrews

Steve Jones