Squad for Moldova/Denmark

Donathan

10 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Gallacher isn't good enough to play in the English championship neither is SOD,if they were they would went were the red tops where linking them to and be making 3 or 4 times what there getting at Motherwell and Aberdeen 

One off there last pay days setting up there families life,the bottom line is that nobody wanted them

How long was SOD a free agent clearly just waiting to get a move there,he also said publicly he wanted to play in that league 

USA 13th in the world 10 off there current squad plays in there domestic league 

And yet some people in here are laughing about looking at Jack Elliott a center half that is sitting second in there league and keeping a Scotland int out his side

Inconsistencies like this is why we will never get there with our provisional back water thinking 

It's a big big world out there but all we get in here is people promoting there SPL jobbers 

I don't think the general is actually another poster with a new account. Only reasonable explanation is that he's either Kal Naismith himself or Naismith's mum.

Hyam is in the same bracket as McIntyre, Lindsay or Wallace for me. All lads at a decent level but they need to be dominating all season long before they ge ahead or the incumbents who have done nothing to really warrant being dropped.

I do concur that Elliot may be worth a look at some point though, he's at least an interesting shout though I've very little idea of how good bad the MLS is.

19 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Against a defence featuring global superstar Kal Naismith as well, Brown must be some player. 

I’m just disappointed the celebration didn’t involve Brown running up to Naismith waving a Scotland top in his face.

Hyam is in the same bracket as McIntyre, Lindsay or Wallace for me. All lads at a decent level but they need to be dominating all season long before they ge ahead or the incumbents who have done nothing to really warrant being dropped.

In fairness I think those guys would just need to move to the Scottish Premiership and do reasonably well for a spell, and there’d be a clamour to get them in the squad. I genuinely have no idea if any of them are any good, McIntyre is at least fairly young at 23 so one to watch. But doing pretty well for even Hearts or Aberdeen would have the Daily Record and the Sportsound lads frothing at the mouth if they didn’t make the squad.

Without Hanley it might make some sense to bring in John Souttar, purely in case of injury to Hendry or McTominay in Moldova. It could be Souttar or any random eligible player from the Championship - all going to plan, they won’t get near the park. Personally I’m not sold on Hendry in the middle of the three, I’m not sure he’s aggressive enough, and it wouldn’t surprise me if McKenna starts there against Denmark.

Kieran Tierney incidentally is on the bench for Arsenal today so should be fit for both games.

In fairness I think those guys would just need to move to the Scottish Premiership and do reasonably well for a spell.

I get your point but Lindsay has already been in a Premiership team of the year. There was very little clamour for him to be called up and that was a time when our centre back options were far worse than they are now.

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I get your point but Lindsay has already been in a Premiership team of the year. There was very little clamour for him to be called up and that was a time when our centre back options were far worse than they are now.

He seems to have been very unlucky with injuries since he's been down south. When he was with us, I thought he was an absolute certainty to go on and be a part of Scotland squads, at least, but I'd be really surprised if that happened now.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He seems to have been very unlucky with injuries since he's been down south. When he was with us, I thought he was an absolute certainty to go on and be a part of Scotland squads, at least, but I'd be really surprised if that happened now.

Did people not mention a lack of pace

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It could be that Brown goes straight into the starting line up then. I know nothing about him but if it keeps Nisbet out of the team it's all good. 

I think there’s a decent chance that happens. Clarke has shown himself to be flexible and I’m sure that wouldn’t be the first time throwing in a debutant.

No Christie, no Dykes, and no Fraser, means that it must either be Nisbet or Brown. I don’t see Nisbet starting purely on the basis of his performances for club and country this season.