Aberdeen vs Motherwell - 6th November

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

But to go out with the attitude from the start where you just commit foul after foul, and time waste from minute 1… f**k watching that every week.

Says it all about the quality of the SPFL. 

No team in any other league ever has employed these tactics.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Hard to sum that up, other than I did say at half time that this was a possible/likely outcome. 

I don't think that I'm disclosing any secrets by saying that Motherwell were shocking in the first half, but it's up to Aberdeen to exploit that. 

We didn't, and we paid the price. I commend Motherwell on doing exactly what we couldn't....take half chances that were given. 

From an Aberdeen point of view, it wasn't all bad by any means. Some excellent play that simply needed a goal. Let down by poor concentration in the middle of defence, not for the first time and probably not for the last time this season. 

I'll let Motherwell fans sum up their own performance, only adding that in all honesty I thought they played much better last week. 

It's a funny old game. 

54 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

We really need to work out how to beat shite teams. It's no good beating teams who want to play football. In Scotland only about 5 teams do. We can't handle the others and it is going to cost us fucking dear.

Once you start beating them you can try have a go at us above ye.

Motherwell started robustly with an in your face attitude, no issues with the yellow cards except for Roberts which was for a nothing challenge on the halfway line, and Maguire’s was for not retreating at a free kick.  But the early cards seemed to trigger a Pavlovian response in the ref that every challenge was a free kick to Aberdeen, his decisions got softer and softer.

Cant remember what the 3 yellows for the Aberdeen Angels were for.

We are horrendous to watch.
When we win, we don't care.
We lost 3 or 4 in quick succession there and the heads were going.

Today was a great example of that, horrendous first half and my timeline was full of 'Well fans who couldn't put up with much more of the same shite. Not the same story a half later.
We're all fickle bastárds.

Kelly's double save was great. The wee claw away was the best bit. KVV is class. I mean there is a reason he is at us after years in England 3rd/4th tiers and why he's been in and out the team but the wee touches and technique he shows is classic cult hero stuff.
Goss is usually a waste of a jersey on the park but that delivery is what he is known for and he has shown a couple of times now he has that in him but I am not sure it's a luxury we can accommodate.
Less wee see of SOD the better for me just now. Ojala is gonna be one of these guys who tweaks something every week I reckon.

Every week we see teams claim to have been great against us cos we give them all of the ball. I like it when the tears come.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Every week we see teams claim to have been great against us cos we give them all of the ball. I like it when the tears come.

I think you're seeing something that isn't there bud. No tears here. 

As I said, football is a weird game. If Aberdeen can't take advantage of being the better team, we deserve what we got. 

I doubt though if Motherwell will get away with being as bad as that every week though. I hope you can agree with that. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think you're seeing something that isn't there bud. No tears here. 

While I agree the P&B guys are sensible enough to chat away without tears and snotters, P&B isn't the only place people comment on the fitba.

First time at Pittodrie in 18 months. A few observations:

The Cormack regime giving the place some basic maintenance makes a big difference.

I forgot the cringeworthy nature of some fans (counting time taken at throw ins)

We have a lot of players who lack bravery on the ball and in their play. Too many hiding today particularly second half

Ojo, McGinn, Hayes, Bates and McCrorie aren't the answers whatsoever. Only getting 45-60 minutes from Ramirez and Watkins is not much use when two down, chasing the game and relying solely on Ryan Hedges to create something

Ferguson's mind is clearly not at the club anymore

Glass can't get the defence organised against crosses and defending set plays which is pretty basic stuff

Motherwell came up, got in our faces, stayed organised and scored two tidy goals. Graham Alexander showed a level of tactical understanding and organisation in the second half that I'm not sure our team and management staff possess.

Tony Watt being shouted for the Scotland squad was a bit wild, pretty quiet today whereas Van Veen was a constant thorn in our side

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

I’ve just switched on A View From The Terrace and Joel Sked is describing Aberdeen as hot hot hot, I will watch more.

He is now describing Motherwell as murder.  I like this Robert Borthwick fellow.

Back from the game now.  Motherwell absolutely ruined us.  Fair play. 

Off the park - any information from the Well fans about the wee c***s in their support who were chucking glasses across the bar, attempting to square go a window, and then got a bit of a shoeing outside the Scotia Bar?

It was acceptable in the 80s.... I was very much trying to get as far into the corner of the pub as possible throughout, due to cowardice.  

1 minute ago, resk said:

Back from the game now.  Motherwell absolutely ruined us.  Fair play. 

Off the park - any information from the Well fans about the wee c***s in their support who were chucking glasses across the bar, attempting to square go a window, and then got a bit of a shoeing outside the Scotia Bar?

It was acceptable in the 80s.... I was very much trying to get as far into the corner of the pub as possible throughout, due to cowardice.  

I suspect they are not on here, does the Scotia do a good pint?

Guest Bob Mahelp
22 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

First time at Pittodrie in 18 months. A few observations:

The Cormack regime giving the place some basic maintenance makes a big difference.

I forgot the cringeworthy nature of some fans (counting time taken at throw ins)

We have a lot of players who lack bravery on the ball and in their play. Too many hiding today particularly second half

Ojo, McGinn, Hayes, Bates and McCrorie aren't the answers whatsoever. Only getting 45-60 minutes from Ramirez and Watkins is not much use when two down, chasing the game and relying solely on Ryan Hedges to create something

Ferguson's mind is clearly not at the club anymore

Glass can't get the defence organised against crosses and defending set plays which is pretty basic stuff

Motherwell came up, got in our faces, stayed organised and scored two tidy goals. Graham Alexander showed a level of tactical understanding and organisation in the second half that I'm not sure our team and management staff possess.

Tony Watt being shouted for the Scotland squad was a bit wild, pretty quiet today whereas Van Veen was a constant thorn in our side

Maybe a bit hard on the team. 

We played a lot of decent stuff, especially in the first half, that had Motherwell chasing their tails and lunging into tackles to desperately stay in the game. 

We desperately needed to score first, as there was always the danger that a Motherwell goal would deflate us. And so it happened. 

We were let down by an inability to take the (half) chances that came our way and an inability to keep things tight in our own box. It won't be the last time that happens unless Glass gets a hold of the central defence. 

And I think you're giving Van Veen too much credit. He was utterly anonymous in the 1st half aside from looking like the first player to be red carded. He looks like a guy that will only score 6 goals all season and 5 of them will be against Aberdeen. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

And I think you're giving Van Veen too much credit. He was utterly anonymous in the 1st half aside from looking like the first player to be red carded. He looks like a guy that will only score 6 goals all season and 5 of them will be against Aberdeen. 

Well since we'll play you only once more and he's already got three of them, do you think Aberdeen have got 3 goals in them?

Edited by Kapowzer