Quick question, has anyone actually trusted a tory?

Ric

52 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Wonderful to see Oaky back into full Tory defence mode, even if a post of "I'm alright, Jack" would still be more concise and less effort.

And his other option of posting "I'm a fucking idiot" would have, despite the extra word, been almost as succinct and more accurate.

Because, you know what, I'm not sure ol' Oaky Doaky is alright.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As an aside, given Owen Paterson has announced he's resigning from his consultancies as well as the Commons (no point in paying him if his HoC writing paper has been confiscated), I've a suggestion for his next career from his very own mouth!

Top Tory's heartless plan to put pensioners to work picking fruit: Owen Paterson put forward the idea as a way of cutting eastern European immigration and even said they should be paid less than the minimum wage

Oh, now, wouldn't that be glorious? All that indignant gammon, complaining that food prices are too high but are unwilling to do all the jobs those pesky foreigners did, being forced to work in the fields. Pure, unadulterated Schadenfreude.

It won't be Paterson though, he'll pick up the same lobbying work he did before and now he is no longer an MP but still has all his MP connections he'll be able to name his wage.

An interesting side note, when Zahawi had called on the committee to resign. This was before the U-turn. He was asked on Radio 4 what the issues he had and he went on to list them. However he was unable to expand on any one of them giving it the "it's a private matter and I can't discuss the details". When asked if he had actually read the report, his answer ranged from "yes" -> "some" ->"bits" -> "an interpretation of the ruling" -> "no"

So, just to get this right, a Government minister demands an independent cross party body resign because they found his mate guilty of 30 separate rule breaches earning him a tidy 100k, and when asked if he had actually read the report he spends most of the time lying until he finally admits he hasn't.

Now, remind us why we should trust tories?

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Oh, now, wouldn't that be glorious? All that indignant gammon, complaining that food prices are too high but are unwilling to do all the jobs those pesky foreigners did, being forced to work in the fields. Pure, unadulterated Schadenfreude.

It won't be Paterson though, he'll pick up the same lobbying work he did before and now he is no longer an MP but still has all his MP connections he'll be able to name his wage.

An interesting side note, when Zahawi had called on the committee to resign. This was before the U-turn. He was asked on Radio 4 what the issues he had and he went on to list them. However he was unable to expand on any one of them giving it the "it's a private matter and I can't discuss the details". When asked if he had actually read the report, his answer ranged from "yes" -> "some" ->"bits" -> "an interpretation of the ruling" -> "no"

So, just to get this right, a Government minister demands an independent cross party body resign because they found his mate guilty of 30 separate rule breaches earning him a tidy 100k, and when asked if he had actually read the report he spends most of the time lying until he finally admits he hasn't.

Not sure if Zahawi called for the committee to resign, Kwarteng said Kathryn Stone should consider resigning as parliamentary commissioner for standards.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

As I stated in my initial post on this thread (and I did, unlike some claimants) you can always trust them to act in their own sociopathic interests. We know this, and can call them out on it.

The major problem our society has is, and I'll be brutal here, stupid people who have no idea what they're voting for. Those on zero-hours, minimum wage jobs who actually believe that it's the poor wee brown folk braving the channel's fault that they can't afford a house, or that some couples have to work so many hours to feed their kids that they miss the poor we buggers growing up. These halfwits don't share tory values - if they did, they'd be voting for decent pay, employees' rights and affordable housing, all of hich would benefit them directly. Instead, they want to exist rather than live, and punch down.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure if Zahawi called for the committee to resign, Kwarteng said Kathryn Stone should consider resigning as parliamentary commissioner for standards.

Kwarteng is a fucking mess. Such an uncle Tom.

He'll defend Johnson, while Johnson derides his race.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm waiting to see how Kwarteng rolls back from the performance he gave when Kay Burley had him twisting like a salted slug on Sky News. That should be worth a watch.

And yes, I'm still thinking, "Burley? Sky News?". When that lot are having a pop at the tories, you know there's been a tipping point reached. Unfortunately, Starmer hasn't the gumption to go for their collective throat, so if they can hang on until Lizzie croaks or another Yewtree happens and the GBP's attention wanders, they'll be fine. Better ramp up the public money-tory accounts transfers, mind, just in case.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Kwarteng is a fucking mess. Such an uncle Tom.

He'll defend Johnson, while Johnson derides his race.

I was trying my best to avoid that particular phrase, but it's so apposite.  This is the character who comes to mind whenever that horrible cúnt surfaces to impart some news his "colleagues"  would rather not dirty their hands with:

Blogging "Django Unchained" (Heading to Candyland) - Fort Worth Weekly

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I was trying my best to avoid that particular phrase, but it's so apposite.

It is a shitty phrase, but it does reflect the situation perfectly.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I almost feel sorry for Zahawi and Kwarteng, always the ones they send out to defend the indefensible when the shit hits the fan, while Rees Mogg, Gove etc hide away in the shadows.

I don't feel sorry for them at all, they chose this, they are paid for this, they intentionally lie to you. There is no reason to show them any leniency. That said, you are absolutely correct regarding people like Mogg. Gove does pop up from time to time as while being a complete and utter fucking dick, he easily side steps any awkward question so it's almost pointless asking him questions.

If only I could remember who this was asked of, it was one of the BAME members of government, but they were pressed on whether Johnson using terms like "watermelon smiles" was in any way racist or demeaning. You know how that went, absolutely loyalty and continual claims that "oh, that's not what he meant" and "those were different times" and "he's already apologised" (which he hasn't, he's blamed others for "not understanding" his point).

So, yeah, any idea of sympathy for their position is exactly zero.

In regard to Zahawi, I was wrong, you were right about Kwarteng/Stone, but it seems Zahawi just stopped short of asking the board to resign. He was highly critical and in turn lied about reading the report.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I almost feel sorry for Zahawi and Kwarteng, always the ones they send out to defend the indefensible when the shit hits the fan, while Rees Mogg, Gove etc hide away in the shadows.

And Angela Lothesome.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Talking about Uncle Toms, I see that fucking arsehole Tom Harris is banging away daily in The Telegraph about how Labour sleaze is worse than Tory sleaze, and how it's all the fault....everything is the fault....of the SNP and Labour, but not the Tories. 

If there's a bigger cvnt in British politics... in fact any form of British life....than a Tory, it's an ex-Labour man who has sold out on every single left wing principle to lick the rancid arsehole of Boris Johnston. 

Remember when folk were fooled by Dishi Rishi appeared near the start of the pandemic. 

“Oooh he sounds great, such a statesman, we might be ok if he’s pulling the strings”

Turns out he was a self centred midget millionaire. 

Just like every last one of them.

31 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Talking about Uncle Toms, I see that fucking arsehole Tom Harris is banging away daily in The Telegraph about how Labour sleaze is worse than Tory sleaze, and how it's all the fault....everything is the fault....of the SNP and Labour, but not the Tories. 

If there's a bigger cvnt in British politics... in fact any form of British life....than a Tory, it's an ex-Labour man who has sold out on every single left wing principle to lick the rancid arsehole of Boris Johnston. 

An ex Labour MP who failed at the polls and decided to write vitriol for a right wing English newspaper blames everything on the SNP?

Well colour me surprised.

21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Remember when folk were fooled by Dishi Rishi appeared near the start of the pandemic. 

“Oooh he sounds great, such a statesman, we might be ok if he’s pulling the strings”

Turns out he was a self centred midget millionaire. 

Just like every last one of them.

I see you haven't been swayed by his big techno-mug or soft focus photo-shoots the day before he announces poor kids will just have to eat sand.

May I draw your attention to the fact he has a Labrador, which is sometimes allowed up on the couch, although that's a bit naughty 😮. Or his fucking infuriating signature at the bottom of everything like he's Oprah b*****d Winfrey?

Screenshot 2021-11-05 16.14.51.png

Interesting take on the Patterson Affair by Marina Hyde in The Grauniad, saying that he was just a patsy in undermining the HoC Standards Committee before they investigate Boris over who paid for the refurbishments to his Downing St. flat and was thrown under the bus when it all went pear shaped.

Oh and The Grauniad is also reporting he may be in line for a peerage - for services to (insert here -                                        ). 

Edited by btb

Tories “Tory” by rule changing to save one of their own, are then hit by the backlash- which when it was just opposition MPs stating the obvious, didn’t merit consideration, but as soon as the media pick up on it & try to hold them to account, they fucking shit themselves & U turn again. 
The media just don’t seem to try anymore, unfortunately.

anyway - Cons +5. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Angela Loathsome has Priti's talent of smiling caringly when she talks of legalising the drowning of refugees.

Remember the whole stooshy when Marr scolded Patel not to laugh while he put serious claims to her.

1 hour ago, btb said:

Oh and The Grauniad is also reporting he may be in line for a peerage - for services to (insert here -                                        ). 

I heard the Johnson conspiracy plan regarding his house renovation, and despite part of me believing he would do such a thing, I also don't think this is anything more than tories trying to save one of their "old guard".

The peerage thing though, is a given, Johnson loves giving peerages to his mates who lose their seats. Zac Goldsmith, yes the same bitterly racist Zac Goldsmith, was booted out of his seat in 2019 (a seat he retained 2 years before by a majority of 45 votes) only to be immediately rewarded with a peerage allowing him to keep his ministerial position.

Edited by Ric