St Johnstone vs Ross County

9 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Would be rare treat this season to not have a Saturday night spoiled by Saints’ result!

Sounds like you'll get your wish.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Even the slightest doubt around midday with a worsening forecast, a match should be called off. 

The forecast has been improving since midday though.

The rain was far heavier last night than it has been at any point today. I'd take a wild guess that the pitch has never recovered from the rain last night.

That's presumably an issue with the pitch that needs resolved, especially since people are saying the area that's fucked is regularly flooded.

Edited by RandomGuy.

The rain was far heavier last night than it has been at any point today. I'd take a wild guess that the pitch has never recovered from the rain last night.
That's presumably an issue with the pitch that needs resolved, especially since people are saying the area that's fucked is regularly flooded.
There was around 1/2 hour of really heavy stuff this morning.

Dread to think what the pitch is going to look like in a few weeks. It was already looking ropey.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well then it should have been called off this morning or a cut off time around midday when county fans would set off.

If it improved enough to be playable so f**k, the decision was made.

This leaving it til the last minute in the hope it improves is nonsense.

Same corner that almost got the Hearts game postponed, but going by the photos, the rest of the pitch didn’t look in a particularly good state either. Two home games from now until the winter break and six, potentially seven depending on Scottish Cup, until the next International break. Hopefully it has time to recover. 

Ref on the radio saying he decided at 1:30 the game was off, Saints wanted more time to fix it but seemingly just threw some sand around and it made no difference.

Piss poor to leave it less than an hour before kick off to confirm it, but emailing me at 14:58 to confirm the game was off made me laugh in a pure tinpot kind of way