Inverness (Bilbao Rules)

Tartan Dave

A generous europa playoff draw considering galatasaray were an option. Snuck through with a second half fightback in the second leg. Switched to a 424 and it paid dividends. 

we are also now minted, bournemouth offering 10 million for a guy Ross County released 18 months prior. I'll take that. 

got dear back on loan for a small fee to take his place. Graeme shinnie returns to the club where he came through. 

Bad league start and suspect be a long season with europa games but I'll take that anyday. 

IMG_5594.png

IMG_5593.png

IMG_5592.png

IMG_5590.png

IMG_5591.png

Holy fucking moly. Never had a run as bad as this. My players are absolute morons. Gonna break my own rule and get an emergency loan in for centre half because we're not a million miles away from averaging 3 goals against per game. 

Once the form goes in this fm it's near impossible to get it back. Clearly I had the flip of that last season. 

europa been hilariously bad. Chucked a couple of the games to try give players a rest but then squad morale just gets worse. 

coming back from winter break to rangers away in the cup (old firm again) and fiorentina. Which will have the players at rock bottom once again

IMG_5614.png

IMG_5611.png

IMG_5613.png

IMG_5612.png

IMG_5610.png

On 10/03/2023 at 15:21, Tartan Dave said:

And new stadium complete. The roddy mcgregor arena. 25k highlanders baying for central belt scotland blood every week. 

facilities are in a very good place. Really should be winning the title in the next 5 seasons

DA3FA3D6-8190-4AD3-9B2C-8DD702F05F03.png

71D90AE7-F7A0-4782-99FE-801F87B94F91.png

Superb thread, had a good chuckle at the Roddy Macgregor arena :lol:

We definitely became a wee bit harder to beat toward the end of season but mamma mia that was a slog. Emergency centre half probably made me a bit more solid but feels a bit shit having to do it.

roddy mcgregor scored 3 of the 5 playoff goals v Accies so he's well on way to getting a stadium named after him in this save too. 

board have given me a massive budget for next season which I can't really spend unless a couple young guys change their minds about wanting a move from down south. They also refused to upgrade youth facilities but we do have decent recruitment and coaching now. 

hoping if we win a couple early next season it will be a lot more comfy with less fixtures. We also own the stadium now, not sure what benefit that brings in game 

scotland is down to 17th in the co-efficient, I don't think my run helped... 

swezwe left in january for hee haw but can deal with it because I ripped the same club off for the young guy earlier in year. 

IMG_5615.png

IMG_5620.png

IMG_5618.png

IMG_5616.png

IMG_5619.png

IMG_5617.png

Edited by Tartan Dave

Better start to season. Handy St J going down to 10. New centre half in for a small fee. Born in Portree. Facilities looking good. Youth player poached by city, really shit feature that imo. What's the point

IMG_5631.png

IMG_5632.png

IMG_5635.png

IMG_5634.png

IMG_5633.png

We snuck up behind and leapfrogged Hibs late in the season to secure third. Third, eleventh, third is a fairly interesting first 3 seasons. 

We are leaking money hut hopefully get group stage football again and get some back. 

Groat is wanted by clubs and has a 7 mill or so release clause but no one has met it yet. It would solve the finances, but he's by a distance my best player so I'd rather keep for a season

IMG_5673.png

IMG_5669.png

IMG_5672.png

IMG_5674.png

IMG_5671.png

IMG_5668.png

• 2 weeks later...

A great start to the season, losing only to the big 2 in league. Squeezed through conference league qualifiers and sold Groat (with loan back) so finances saved a little bit. 

Some enjoyable greeting by Cowie, not sure i've seen that one before. 

Fyffe scoring a couple goals upfront but a real striker would be nice. Dear back on loan is handy as can rotate wingers a bit. Squad depth killed me last time in europe

IMG_5766.png

IMG_5769.png

IMG_5771.png

IMG_5765.png

IMG_5768.png

IMG_5770.png

IMG_5773.png

IMG_5772.png

IMG_5767.png

Sauntering on in the league but chucked the league cup final. 2-0 up and bottled it. We also chucked a 2 goal load to some Georgian mob in the midweek before but i more or less had the 19's out to rest for final so I understood that. 

frustrating as Rangers are bad this season. Solid stuff though. Really should have been 6/6 in conference 

IMG_5785.png

IMG_5784.png

IMG_5788.png

IMG_5786.png

IMG_5787.png

A bit of a bed shitting again towards end of season and really threw away second and a decent chance at europa conference. Rangers went onto lose final. 

Grimes and Hunt have both left for about 10 million each so we're loaded. grimes with a loan back. 

dear and Morrison have joined permanently. 

nothing from youth candidates again

IMG_5819.png

IMG_5818.png

IMG_5820.png

Slow start to the league but wom the europa conference games which is more important at start of season. 

not much depth in squad this season so I'd be happy to sneak top 6. 

IMG_5821.png

IMG_5822.png

IMG_5823.png

Another bit of a disastrous end to the season. We were 2 ahead of 10 man rangers in extra time in conference league and transpired to lose on pens. 

Celtic at hampden in semi was always going to be tough. No europe next year. After the split I couldn't reach 5th so played the youngest half decent guys 

for first time I've signed ryan christie as player/director of football 

stadium being expanded to i think 12k so will be sharing with Clach next year. The joys. 

missed a mid season update but form was fairly solid through until about march

IMG_5827.png

IMG_5826.png

IMG_5825.png

IMG_5824.png

Nice solid start to season and will have our second cup final of this save v St Johnstone. 

No europe really helps with player stamina. Got swezwe (youth product) back on loan and good for depth. As is Liverpool full back who's come in. 

IMG_5846.png

IMG_5848.png

IMG_5847.png

IMG_5849.png

An injury crisis struck around the final and we blew our best chance of silverware. Out on penalties in scottish to rangers in 4th round also. 

we got a good regen! 

we are also infiltrating the scottish youth teams now 

IMG_5884.png

IMG_5880.png

IMG_5881.png

IMG_5882.png

IMG_5885.png

IMG_5883.png

IMG_5879.png

A fairly uneventful league season so far but a legendary crack at the europa including an absolute smash and grab in Bilbao to guarantee our route through. 

i always forget to update on signings but hunt and grimes are back. Mcgregor is out. 

I am drowning in debt but the europa run will kick in and save me I think... I hope

IMG_5940.png

IMG_5938.png

IMG_5939.png

IMG_5937.png

IMG_5936.png

After a fairly boring 6th last season we have started this season well. Helps with no europe. 

Young is going to go for a fortune at some stage I hope

included league position history

IMG_5960.png

IMG_5963.png

IMG_5961.png

IMG_5962.png

IMG_5964.png

IMG_5965.png