Pars vs Arbroath, 26th December

Boxing Day, a week today, sees the league leaders come to East End Park. The last time they did so a bit of a pumping was delivered as Arbroath handed out a 0-3 thrashing. It could, and probably should, have been more. The last meeting between the sides also saw another load of goals for them, as we chucked away a 0-2 lead and gave away comical goals, eventually losing 4-2 in what would be Peter Grant's last game.

We have been struggling since, although we have won 2 games since Grant was ejected. Unfortunately we are still leaky as f**k at the back. Yesterday we played well first half, but that promise was tempered by the second half performance where we regressed and looked passive. Ultimately the game was called off due to fog, so we will never know how it ended, but a Kilmarnock goal was coming. I imagine we would have stepped it up a bit after and perhaps got an equaliser. Irrelevant now.

So we turn attention to Sunday's game. Hopefully we'll get a bit of a bump in attendance as more folk could be back in the area for Christmas, and folk in general may be looking for a break from their boring old hoor of a gran/aunt/uncle/other family members. Never mind leftovers for Boxing Day lunch, get along to East End and have a bridie instead! Would imagine Arbroath will bring a decent crowd too.

We're still stuck with some jobbers, so not particularly hopeful of a result here. Perhaps though we could see a Christmas miracle as Santa empties his sack for us and delivers three points, the dirty old fucker.

I shall be attending (my first game at East End since March 2020). I will partake of baked goods.

Our decline as a football club summed up by fans being very pleased with a draw at home to part-time Arbroath. Some laugh, eh.

Draw would be a great result. Just need to shitfest draws in the next 3 games before we can get some mildly competent footballers in. 

Everything that makes Arbroath a success is everything that our team lacks. No balance to the team and not well versed in our system. 

Hopefully the balance of the team can be improved with a few signings in January and training pitch time will hopefully have the players knowing their roles better and how it links in with their team mates.

I can start to see how Yogi wants to set us up now, with a back four, three in centre mid (One supporting the target man). Two wide. I think he will sign players to suit this set-up.

All too soon for this match though. Would take a point

Dunfermline are still a very good team - I expect this to be a very close game.

Yes, Arbroath are on a roll and flying, but Dunfermline have a lot of good players and will be looking to beat the league leaders.

Arbroath won't be at full strength, but we have a strong squad who have all played their part.

Going for an away win for Arbroath - but expect a close game.

41 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Dunfermline are still a very good team - I expect this to be a very close game.

Yes, Arbroath are on a roll and flying, but Dunfermline have a lot of good players and will be looking to beat the league leaders.

Arbroath won't be at full strength, but we have a strong squad who have all played their part.

Going for an away win for Arbroath - but expect a close game.

In what possible way are we a 'very good team'? We aren't an average or alright team, let alone a good team, let alone a 'very good team'. We're second bottom of the league and have won two league games all season.

Our meetings with Arbroath this season have seen Arbroath come out with two wins and a 7-2 aggregate.

Edited by DA Baracus

We are not even a mid-table mediocre team, never mind "very good". We are shite. We have no real quality in the middle of the park and our defence is shipping stupid goals every week. Anything other than a comfortable Arbroath victory I'll be quite surprised.

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

No away fans at this then. Football fans punished again 

I think the limit means pretty much no fans at all unfortunately, as the number includes all players, officials, backroom team etc. 

Shite situation.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I think the limit means pretty much no fans at all unfortunately, as the number includes all players, officials, backroom team etc. 

Shite situation.

Football should be stopped for 3 weeks then. No fans = no football. What an utterly horrendous end of the year 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Football should be stopped for 3 weeks then. No fans = no football. What an utterly horrendous end of the year 

I think an issue is when those games would then be played. That's 4 games that would need to be squeezed in somewhere.