Anne

deegee

Just watched the first part of this series about The Hillsborough Tragedy. The title refers to Anne, who is the focus of this story; she is  mother of 15 year old Kevin Williams, killed at the match in April 1989. I believe this series is showing over the next few consecutive evenings on STV.

It was a hard watch and I’m not ashamed to say I found myself wipe a tear away on a couple occasions tonight. It will be interesting to see how far in the future this goes; presumably up to the Unlawful Killing ruling at the 2016 Inquest? So far, on the basis of the first part tonight, I’ll be watching this but expect it to be quite an emotional story.

RIP the 96

A brutal watch. The scene at the beach where Anne is talking with her son's friend about what happened was absolutely heart-breaking. 

The archive footage of the powers at the time made my skin crawl. Plenty more of that over the next two nights too I'll wager. 

RIP the 97.