Qatar 2022 tickets

Christophe

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

The slums of Brazil are pretty grim. Russia's record on gay rights is far from admirable. In the UK there are people who have to rely on food banks.

Making anyone involved in a football tournament feel guilty about the host countries politics won't do any good. 

On a scale of bad shit all those examples are miles apart.

Also none of them exist because of the desire to host the world cup. Brazil didn't build the shanty towns for the construction of the world cup. Russia didn't become a right wing state to host the world cup and our food banks although shameful have nothing to do with football.

Qatar build massive metal boxed camps with no air conditioning to house the workers who built the stadiums they confiscated their passports and withheld their pay, because of the world cup.

I don't know enough to say about slavery more generally in Qatar, but slaves building the stadium, regularly dying on site, should not be controversial to condemn.

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'd say it's better to do something to raise awareness of it rather than just standing by and clapping it through.

No one was clapping it pal. Again it’s a thread about Scotland tickets. There are plenty of other places on this forum to “raise awareness”.

• 1 month later...
Yip but more likely I'll use Bahrain as a base.Yerevan in Armenia also a decent option as there are quite a few low cost airlines over in the middle east now which brings into play lots of other countries Oman being another decent and compared with the rest of the middle eastern countries a cheaper option than Dubai

Just saw this. I live in Bahrain and there is still tension between the two countries so no direct flights. I wouldn’t be using it as a base mate

4 hours ago, Middle East Rover said:

Just saw this. I live in Bahrain and there is still tension between the two countries so no direct flights. I wouldn’t be using it as a base mate

Cheers thought that had cleared up....Oman it is 

2 minutes ago, Middle East Rover said:

Hoping it’ll have cleared up by then cause it’s a pain to drive emoji23.png

Indeed...my plans kep changing...boy I worked with in Doha just retired moved back to Scotland so plan A scuppered...No direct flights from Bahrain so plan b scuppered...Now on plan c which is Oman...by the time it's world cup time I'll be camping in some sweatshop in Doha old town with no electricity or running water at this rate 🤣