Motherwell vs Aberdeen

lubo_blaha

I am sure I read somewhere that of the 7 home cup ties v Aberdeen we have only won once 😱.

It would appear that no fan of either team is confident and for good reason. If it was possible for both teams to lose it would be the outcome. 

All that said Aberdeen 2nd half performance v Celtic was a lot better than anything we have served up since the winter break. We have scored 1 goal in 5 games. Are conceding 2+ on average. 

Perversely in many ways I am happier to go into this game as is. I would worry even more if we were flying and Aberdeen were dismal. That 100% would mean an away win. 

I am hoping somehow we can turn in a performance but in all honesty our defence is so poor at the moment. So if I had to guess I would say 2-0 Aberdeen in normal time. Hopefully no referee balls ups to lead to either side losing (well apart from Aberdeen 😉). 

I am going for hospitality in the hope I am suitably numbed for the 90/120 minutes that unfolds.

May the worst team win 🤔

40 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I am sure I read somewhere that of the 7 home cup ties v Aberdeen we have only won once 😱.

It would appear that no fan of either team is confident and for good reason. If it was possible for both teams to lose it would be the outcome. 

All that said Aberdeen 2nd half performance v Celtic was a lot better than anything we have served up since the winter break. We have scored 1 goal in 5 games. Are conceding 2+ on average. 

Perversely in many ways I am happier to go into this game as is. I would worry even more if we were flying and Aberdeen were dismal. That 100% would mean an away win. 

I am hoping somehow we can turn in a performance but in all honesty our defence is so poor at the moment. So if I had to guess I would say 2-0 Aberdeen in normal time. Hopefully no referee balls ups to lead to either side losing (well apart from Aberdeen 😉). 

I am going for hospitality in the hope I am suitably numbed for the 90/120 minutes that unfolds.

May the worst team win 🤔

image.png.9318c4683cee308a33c4f381c3c9c75f.png

Scottish cup.

image.png.171335376b1617ca3044944212e6ebf7.png

League cup.

The winners gets a quarter final spot. The losers gets to watch their team at least one less time this season, making them the real winners.
I expect Grezza might go (even further) back to basics today after our run of recent results so I’m not expecting much in the way of football. Aberdeen look like they’ve conceded some daft goals recently but at least look semi-capable at the other end.

0-2.

Mugabi back in the middle for this?  Build the team out from there. KVV has to play as we have no focal point without him (very little with him).  Keep Cornelius in there and fill the rest of the places with any of the jobbers from the squad.

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

Mugabi back in the middle for this?  Build the team out from there. KVV has to play as we have no focal point without him (very little with him).  Keep Cornelius in there and fill the rest of the places with any of the jobbers from the squad.

Van veen has scored half of his goals this season against us hasn't he? Would be negligent to not play  him. 

Edited by coprolite

Van Veen is to Aberdeen what Cedric Itten is to Rangers v us. 

No doubt he is mercurial is our Van Veen. However I was talking to Jack Hamilton this morning and he felt he turned the game when he came on v Morton in the last round. I think he has to start. 

3 hours ago, ropy said:

He hasn’t listened 

Donnelly keeping his place after his midweek performance is interesting but I’m glad to see O’Hara back.
With that front 3, hopefully KVV has been told to stay between the width of the box and focus on sticking the ball in the net - Shields and Efford can do the donkey work out wide.