2022 NFL Draft

lichtie23

Michigan Wolverines DE Aidan Hutchinson now the favourite to be #1. Jags were thought to be going o-line with their first pick in either Alabama Crimson Tide OT Evan Neal or NC State Wolfpack OT Ikem Ekwonu but the Jags yesterday tagged LT Cam Robinson.

This would impact the Lions at #2 as with the need for an edge rusher Hutchinson was the most common #2 in mocks.

50 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

I've never understood the draft, but is Aberdeen's very own Ojabo (Wolverines linebacker) likely to be picked and if so, any idea who would pick him?

He could possibly be a 1st round pick 

I've never understood the draft, but is Aberdeen's very own Ojabo (Wolverines linebacker) likely to be picked and if so, any idea who would pick him?
I'm not mad on him, as he sounds like onlyva pass rusher. So poor against the run, Michigan used to take him off the field for running plays.

Also, he plays on the other side to Hutchinson and that meant he never had to beat double teams.

Still, expected to be a 1st round pick.

Jets had the worst Secondary in the NFL last year.

Gotta be possible that they can draft both Hamilton S and "Sauce" Gardner CB with their first 2 picks this year. Garret Wilson WR or and Edge rusher are other options.

Assuming the Texans will have a lot of draft picks to play with fairly soon too.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to see how many picks I could accumulate by trading down from number 1 overall.  I accepted any trade and only ever drafted the top ranked prospect.  Make me a GM now NFL owners.

image.thumb.png.a7d867e08123260db569839282328285.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's usually boring as hell the couple of weeks leading up to the Draft, but this one I think might get interesting. If they are not moved on beforehand, I think you'll see somebody going after Mayfield for sure, and possibly Jimmy G during the actual draft itself. There are too many teams who still lack a viable starter, and this years QB crop is iffy at best. I think a couple of teams who aren't looking particularly competitive will just grab a rookie and let him sink or swim, Carolina comes to mind, possibly even Pittsburgh if they aren't all in on Trubisky, but I don't think that's the way Seattle operates, so I can see them swinging something on Draft day for Mayfield, because although the Browns appear to believe BM is the insurance policy in case Watson can't play, listening to BM himself it's pretty clear he considers himself totally done in Cleveland and the bridges well and truly burned. I see Atlanta as more similar to Pitt, in that they might just run with Mariota, but I could see them parking one of the rookies behind him for now. I think the Saints are set and accepting that they are just going to have to bumble along with Winston and Dalton, because things in NO are not looking to get any better in the next few seasons, so I don't think they are a viable Rookie landing spot unless they are planning on cotton-wooling him and not starting him for 2-3 years, and I don't think you can invest a 1st round pick in that sort of guy these days. You need production sooner rather than later.

If the 9'ers are still looking to offload Garoppolo it's more difficult to see where he lands. They may just want rid, but at the same time they may also be comfortable holding on to him for now and won't be so inclined to trade him within the Conference and potentially help a rival. I think Houston is happy with Mills for a while yet, so perhaps Tenn might think he's an upgrade on Tannehill, although personally I'm not convinced he is, and that would just essentially mean Tenn having to move Tannehill on as well, which I don't think would be easy. My Wildcard shout would be Pittsburgh picking up Trubisky in the knowledge they don't view him as anything other than a back-up and a project, and swinging something for Jimmy G on draft day.

Edited by Boo Khaki