Foundation of Hearts vs The Well society

7 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

The game at Tynecastle this season was defined and decided by 2 early and uncharacteristic errors from Kelly, after that there was nothing in it.

The next game at Fir Park was probably our best performance of the season and won at a canter.

Even with that in mind I still can’t see past a fairly routine Hearts win here. We’re sitting in a very respectable league position but I feel we have issues all over the pitch. 

I thought we dominated that game until the missed penalty swung the momentum. Devlin and Baningime ran the midfield that day.

We did indeed get pumped in the Fir Park game which (I think) is the only time we've not had Halkett in the starting line-up this season. Unfortunately it looks like he'll be missing again tomorrow and I really don't think we have an adequate replacement for what he does. Neilson tried shifting Souttar over and slotting Moore in at RCB last time and it looked ropey as f**k, so it'll be interesting to see if he tries something different here.

Really hope McKay is fit. He's our most creative player by miles.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I thought we dominated that game until the missed penalty swung the momentum. Devlin and Baningime ran the midfield that day.

We did indeed get pumped in the Fir Park game which (I think) is the only time we've not had Halkett in the starting line-up this season. Unfortunately it looks like he'll be missing again tomorrow and I really don't think we have an adequate replacement for what he does. Neilson tried shifting Souttar over and slotting Moore in at RCB last time and it looked ropey as f**k, so it'll be interesting to see if he tries something different here.

A lot of the problem at FP was also caused by the lack of height at CM.  Haring will definitely be needed in there I think

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I've checked transfermarkt and you're right. Halkett has started every other game apart from Fir Park

but in the last 3 games he has went off after 50 minutes against Ross County, 71 minutes against St Johnstone and  81 against Celtic.

If Souttar is available tomorrow, and I think he will be, I'd go with Souttar/Moore/Kingsley as the 3 at the back. I'd also tempted to bring Beni in for Devlin as I think Haring has been the best midfielder the last month or so and doesn't deserve to drop out.

Will be interesting if we play two wide players, or if we go two up top with Boyce and Simms and McKay in behind, getting the width from the full backs. That's what i'd like to see happen but reckon Simms may be on the bench and we'll start McKay and another attacking midfielder, possibly Woodburn.

Well, I can't see anything other than an a home win.

However, the only away games I haven't been to this season we have either ended up winning or  drawing. Nearly all the away games (excluding the Aberdeen game) I've went to we have lost (I even went to the away cup games).

I'm not going to this match so maybe that will mean a draw?

Always look forward to a game at Tynecastle but I'm not convinced the team is in great shape TBH. We've had all sorts of injuries at the back this season but due to the unusual (for us) situation of having 4 centre halfs who have all been on form, we've kind of ridden that out but it's caught up with us now (and that's no disrespect to Jake Carrol). Ojala might be risked here I guess.

In midfield, we've got plenty of options but it feels like we've not got quite the right combination at the moment. Donnelly's red against Hibs means that we will have to change things and I'd be happy to see Slattery back (although GA might prefer Shaw). 

And to complete the set, I'm honestly not sure if KVV is fit enough at present for 3 challenging games in 7 days - he looks like he's carrying a knock or two and we are missing Watt it's fair to say. There will be a lot of pressing to be done tomorrow and it may be preferable that we start with Shields, Woolery & Roberts and bring KVV on later along with Tierney if the game is there to be won.

That's the pessimistic part - on the other hand, we've competed well enough with Hearts (and the other teams around us) this season, I would be surprised if we were on the end of any sort of doing here. A Jordon Roberts goal is obviously a stick-on and would be quite funny.

Would bite your hand off for a point here but think a narrow loss is probably on the cards...

57 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Will be interesting if we play two wide players, or if we go two up top with Boyce and Simms and McKay in behind, getting the width from the full backs. That's what i'd like to see happen but reckon Simms may be on the bench and we'll start McKay and another attacking midfielder, possibly Woodburn.

I think the beauty of moving to 5 subs works for us as we can certainly mix it up between if one tactic is not proven to be working.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I've checked transfermarkt and you're right. Halkett has started every other game apart from Fir Park

but in the last 3 games he has went off after 50 minutes against Ross County, 71 minutes against St Johnstone and  81 against Celtic.

Yep and we looked a bit ropey after he went off against Ross County too.

Hopefully it's something we'll be looking at if Souttar leaves. We could do with an experienced back-up.

----------------------Simms

--------------McKay-----------Boyce

Cochrane-----Baningime------Devlin/Haring----Atkinson

---------Kingsley---Moore/Sibbick---Souttar

----------------------Gordon

Maybe something like the above, but with Boyce being more central, and dropping deeper to win collect the ball, and McKay just doing what McKay does. Or it could just be Simms and McKay on either side of Boyce. I think we have a lot of options up front and we can play about with the three forward players in a number of set ups, with Woodburn, Gino, GMS and Henderson all able to come in and allow us to change things up a bit. Before we signed Simms, you knew it would be Boyce central (when fit) and a wide forward on either side of him. Simms (and Atkinson) allow us a bit more freedom for experimentation.

I'm actually quite excited to see how we decide to set up on Saturday. Really looking forward to the game

15 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Is that move being rumoured?

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Our thread seems to think so, aye, but I've no idea if there's anything in it.

There's also the Mugabi to Aberdeen > Gallagher to Hearts chat on one of the Aberdeen forums.

As for tomorrow, I think we'll play reasonably well but lose 2-0.  I won't be making it along though, which is a shame.  Tynecastle is a fucking brilliant football stadium.

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

There's also the Mugabi to Aberdeen > Gallagher to Hearts chat on one of the Aberdeen forums.

As for tomorrow, I think we'll play reasonably well but lose 2-0.  I won't be making it along though, which is a shame.  Tynecastle is a fucking brilliant football stadium.

Can't recall how good Mugabi is, but I liked Gallagher at Livi. 

I'm at hospitality tomorrow, which means more beer, but a worse view of the game.

If Aberdeen offered Gallagher back to us in a straight swap with Mugabe, I doubt anyone would have him. It's scary how much he has come on since he joined us (although he can still have a bad day as he showed at County last week)