Friday night Top of the Table clash

3 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You must be the most easily amused person on the planet to find racism or sectarianism funny

Whoa whoa whoa!! Racism and sectarianism?? Where you getting that from???

Pacifist and Ferromagnesian?

Wait a minute, what words were you referring to ya big racist??

Edited by Luddite

5 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Check out the word Tink (travelling person) and place this together with the word b*****d. 

Think about if you had used the P or F word instead of the T word. 

That’s fucking outrageous. Folks coming on here trying to incite decent-minded internet users to make up racist and sectarian songs and even suggesting various slurs to use.

You fucking disgust me mate.

Edited by Luddite

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The P word and the F word that you previously responded to are racist and sectarian terms. But you carry on burying your head in the sand. 

Having a pop at the travelling community is also considered a form of racism. 

Maybe the P and F word in YOUR mind mate. Don’t try to lump me in with your disgusting vocabulary

9 minutes ago, Luddite said:

Whoa whoa whoa!! Racism and sectarianism?? Where you getting that from???

It’s the internet, everyone’s got to show how offended they are at things to try and look like a good person, no matter how trivial they may be 

another thread ruined 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Do you know what lads?
I enjoyed the banter earlier on, but given what’s been put on this forum I’m amazed the mods haven’t intervened.
Im  as broad minded as the next man but come on and give it a rest. Please.
Especially as none of you had any vested interest into the thread in the first place.

15 minutes ago, Luddite said:

I think it bodes well for society, people looking beyond their libidinal group-thinking and realizing there’s a bigger picture.
If little old part-time-windy-stadium-closest-to-the-sea Arbroath can achieve back to back promotions to the Premiership, maybe there’s hope for other wee teams to move off the rail-tracks the money men like to set out for everyone.

There’s a reason Hollywood keeps churning out underdog movies and we keep eating them up.

It wouldn't be back-to-back promotions - this is our third season in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

It wouldn't be back-to-back promotions - this is our third season in the Championship.

I stand corrected, sir. Thank you.

Haven’t been watching football for about 8 years, just started watching again a month or so ago. Was under the impression they went from League 2 to the Championship in 3 seasons. I see now this has been a longer process 👍

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Do you know what lads?
I enjoyed the banter earlier on, but given what’s been put on this forum I’m amazed the mods haven’t intervened.
Im  as broad minded as the next man but come on and give it a rest. Please.
Especially as none of you had any vested interest into the thread in the first place.

Fair point, I take my share of the blame for being antagonistic towards some of the uptight thought police on here. 

I can’t stand the virtue signalers who clutch their pearls and give oxygen to some pretty bland statements, but I’d never want a thread permanently ruined for long time fans of any club. 
Not saying I won’t be tempted to post something those delicate people might take offense to, but will be aware of when it’s devolving into pure toxicity.

Did you never notice how he approached games at Aberdeen? Ultra conservative. I think he was hoping for a 0-0 tonight.
Aberdeen supporting friends of mine were driven mental by his negativity. He would try to protect a 1 goal lead from the 15th minute if he had to. Never tried to kill the game and get a second goal. Don’t get me wrong, he’ll get results for you but don’t expect exciting or high scoring wins. You’ll likely go a goal up and he’ll immediately take off an attack minded player and try to conserve your lead. Frustrating to watch.

Yes. Against Partick, hoping to see a 1 nil victory. I thought last night 2 up front makes a statement. We're here to win the league. Not to be play of contenders.

14 hours ago, Luddite said:

Fair point, I take my share of the blame for being antagonistic towards some of the uptight thought police on here. 

I can’t stand the virtue signalers who clutch their pearls and give oxygen to some pretty bland statements, but I’d never want a thread permanently ruined for long time fans of any club. 
Not saying I won’t be tempted to post something those delicate people might take offense to, but will be aware of when it’s devolving into pure toxicity.

You're so far wedged up your own arse....

When was the last time you were actually at Gayfield  ??

Suggest you take another 8 year sabbatical away from football !

29 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

You're so far wedged up your own arse....

When was the last time you were actually at Gayfield  ??

Suggest you take another 8 year sabbatical away from football !

Never been to Gayfield. Never said I have been to Gayfield. Never will be to Gayfield.

Whats your point and how does that make one stuck up one’s own arse?

I liked your comment…love the feedback.

Cheers 😁👍

Edited by Luddite

If you're not an Arbroath FC supporter why are you posting on this website?

Surely there's are forums somewhere on the internet such as "Argumentative B*st*rds", "Wind up Merchants" or "Bigots R Us" that would be more appropriate for you to enjoy, instead of clogging up these forums with your smart arse comments.

But feel free to continue on this forum, if you cannot control yourself, until everyone stops replying to your comments and you have to reply to yourself. 

On 06/02/2022 at 10:59, SotesBornalichtie said:

If you're not an Arbroath FC supporter why are you posting on this website?

Surely there's are forums somewhere on the internet such as "Argumentative B*st*rds", "Wind up Merchants" or "Bigots R Us" that would be more appropriate for you to enjoy, instead of clogging up these forums with your smart arse comments.

But feel free to continue on this forum, if you cannot control yourself, until everyone stops replying to your comments and you have to reply to yourself. 

Why am I posting on this website? For the exact same reason that you, and everyone else on here, took the time to make up a little name (that you believe reflects your "personality" in some way), created a "profile", carefully considered which little picture to attach to your made up name and regularly type, edit and re-type words into your computer, hurling your finished product at a group of pseudonymous strangers.....to cast a futile line out into the abyss, hoping for a bite that will validate your existence in some way. 

The difference is you seem to think it actually means something....of course I could be wrong about that, I try not to make assumptions on the motives, sincerity, temperament or social status of the individual people hiding behind the various avatars on here.

Thanks for your feedback 👍

Edited by Luddite