Hibs vs Hearts 2022-02-02: The (Chinese) New Year derby

6 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Got to be embarrassed not beating a team with Andy Halliday in the starting line up. Felt we played the better footballl and should have won. Hearts were poor and far from the world beaters they have been made out to be. Hopeful balls and no real intent. Did the Billy Boy's renditions come over clear on the tele as it did at the ground? Well done to all the Hibs supporters trying to drown out that abomination with boos. They really are 'Diets' in every sense of the word.

🙃

12 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Got to be embarrassed not beating a team with Andy Halliday in the starting line up. Felt we played the better footballl and should have won. Hearts were poor and far from the world beaters they have been made out to be. Hopeful balls and no real intent. Did the Billy Boy's renditions come over clear on the tele as it did at the ground? Well done to all the Hibs supporters trying to drown out that abomination with boos. They really are 'Diets' in every sense of the word.

Aye Hibs were a real treat to watch, surprised we managed to hold out given how good they were.

22 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

You didn't have a shot on target until the 82nd minute and your goalkeeper was awarded man of the match.

Most have been pretty fair but there have been some incredible takes on this game.

Edited by DC92

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Hearts were shite last night.  I'm puzzled as to why folk are suggesting otherwise.

We were, yet we still created all the best chances with the exception of the one at the death. Dabrowski made 4 saves of note, 2 of them very good ones and we should've had a penalty, quite possibly 2. Most Hearts fans have been pretty balanced in how we played, it wasn't good enough but to suggest Hibs should have won and were the better team is mental.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hearts were shite last night.  I'm puzzled as to why folk are suggesting otherwise.

Who do you think is suggesting otherwise? The last two people who responded to Joe Terrapin's post both said as much last night.

Suggesting Hibs "played the better football" is more than debatable, though.

34 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

I'm not too sure I agree with that assessment. Hibs started strongly but after around 30 minutes I'd say Hearts were comfortable and in control until the last 10 or so, creating quite a few good chances.

I think a draw was probably about the right result, but Hibs were not the better team, IMO.

33 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Bathing in this late reservoir of bitter Hibs seethe. Glad we can put all the placatory niceties behind us again. How’s the weather back there? Our shade must be making it chilly. 😎

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Bathing in this late reservoir of bitter Hibs seethe. Glad we can put all the placatory niceties behind us again. How’s the weather back there? Our shade must be making it chilly. 😎

Why would there be seethe?  We expected to lose and never.  

One day Mr Money spinner may manage a team to win at Easter Road.  You never know.  

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

One day Mr Money spinner may manage a team to win at Easter Road.  You never know.  

Maybe not a great attack line when Hibs haven't won a derby at Easter Road for 4 years tbf.

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Maybe not a great attack line when Hibs haven't won a derby at Easter Road for 4 years tbf.

We aren't proclaiming to be the better side by miles though.   Hearts haven't won a derby at the pink tip in 4 years either. 

13 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I suspect the seethe would be for many varied and different individual reasons. In Joe’s case, I’d probably go with the fact that our derby record is superior to yours at your home ground. Could also be the cup final humiliation though. Maybe the overall head to head records? There’s the never beaten us at Hampden thing too… genuinely not sure which particular reality of the Edinburgh derby has caused his impotent bitter rage. It’s usually age dependent. You should just ask him. 👍

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

We aren't proclaiming to be the better side by miles though.   Hearts haven't won a derby at the pink tip in 4 years either. 

It’s the table that makes that claim, not me. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Kyle Reese said:

I suspect the seethe would be for many varied and different individual reasons. In Joe’s case, I’d probably go with the fact that our derby record is superior to yours at your home ground. Could also be the cup final humiliation though. Maybe the overall head to head records? There’s the never beaten us at Hampden thing too… genuinely not sure which particular reality of the Edinburgh derby has caused his impotent bitter rage. It’s usually age dependent. You should just ask him. 👍

Nope.  No seethe at all.  

Hearts having their best season in years haven't been able to beat Hibernian, having our worst season since the year we both went down.

That's current news and factual.  I expected to lose last night, you would have expected to win - there's only one cause for seethe.  Bringing up historic matters is indeed a comfort blanket.

Do you seriously, genuinely think any Hibernian supporter cares a jot about the derby final now after 2016?  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Nope.  No seethe at all.  

Hearts having their best season in years haven't been able to beat Hibernian, having our worst season since the year we both went down.

That's current news and factual.  I expected to lose last night, you would have expected to win - there's only one cause for seethe.  Bringing up historic matters is indeed a comfort blanket.

Do you seriously, genuinely think any Hibernian supporter cares a jot about the derby final now after 2016?  :lol: 

Would you be interested in a job as a Tory party spokesman?

Top work.

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Nope.  No seethe at all.  

The bold underlined bit, followed by the rest. I believe that may constitute a juxtaposition.