The Lee Bullen Derby - Ayr vs Pars 5/2/22

12 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

One thing I’ve not noticed being discussed: the Dunfermline goalkeeper blatantly picking the ball up outside his box in the opening minutes, as the linesman watched on! 😂

I was standing in the Pars end in line with it, what surprised me more was the real lack of any reaction from your end or your players.  Looked an obvious one to me… and it wasn’t borderline, it looked a good foot or so out the box.   😂

Between our 2 of the post and that absolute sitter from the Ayr player in the second half a draw probably the fair result.

Would have been nice to see McKenzie even attempt to get off the ground to try and compete for the header from the corner that set up the Pars goal.

22 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

One thing I’ve not noticed being discussed: the Dunfermline goalkeeper blatantly picking the ball up outside his box in the opening minutes, as the linesman watched on! 😂

It was odd,  I think he certainly pushed his luck with it,  when the ball runs like that refs are meant to try and line themselves up with the box but its such a rare thing for a keeper to pick it up on/outside the line I don't think they bother and I think that encourages keepers to chance it.

Probably not really discussed as it would have been of little consequence to the match more than anything else,  its not much different to some of the obvious shoves he let go from both sides.

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It was odd,  I think he certainly pushed his luck with it,  when the ball runs like that refs are meant to try and line themselves up with the box but its such a rare thing for a keeper to pick it up on/outside the line I don't think they bother and I think that encourages keepers to chance it.

Probably not really discussed as it would have been of little consequence to the match more than anything else,  its not much different to some of the obvious shoves he let go from both sides.

It was absolutely bizarre, I watched the referee looking over at the linesman (who clearly decided he couldn’t be fucked intervening, as there is no chance he didn’t see it) At a guess the ball was a yard passed the line when he picked it up. 

I’m assuming it would just have been a booking and indirect free kick from where he handled it... 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

It was absolutely bizarre, I watched the referee looking over at the linesman (who clearly decided he couldn’t be fucked intervening, as there is no chance he didn’t see it) At a guess the ball was a yard passed the line when he picked it up. 

I’m assuming it would just have been a booking and indirect free kick from where he handled it... 

Direct free kick,  no card.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Aside from the fact Pars went straight up the park and scored. Think I would rather have had the free kick on the edge of their penalty area, to be honest. 

On 06/02/2022 at 10:17, CallumPar said:

Also, what on earth is going on at Ayr? There was no running water in the toilets before the game. Had to rub soap into dry hands to wash them.

Running water? At Somerset? Please………..

The home end doesn't even have soap. 🙂

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu