Queen's Park 1 Dumbarton 1

22 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Agree with this Longstaff definitely showing signs of improvement. Along with Thomson and Mchugh he gets pelters from the football manager experts standing in our home end so pleasing that all 3 involved in last night's winner emoji122.png

It's never been my style during the game but the understandable frustration with our poor run of form leading to criticism of underperforming players has come from all parts of the ground, not just from a few standing up the back. For example, there is a player's old man who shouts at the team non-stop, including his son. Aye there are a few up there louder than others but they are also part of a larger group that sing at games and are trying to create some sort of atmosphere that was impossible at Hampden. The place would be a morgue without them 

17 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

We've been higher than this a few times in relatively recent times,  we were top of what is now League One for a few weeks at the start of the season in 2000/01 and again in 2007/08 following promotions.

Angus also had us in third place in this division with 33 games played in 2016/17.

Beat me to it. We also finished season 81/82 as the 18th best team in the country. 

It's never been my style during the game but the understandable frustration with our poor run of form leading to criticism of underperforming players has come from all parts of the ground, not just from a few standing up the back. For example, there is a player's old man who shouts at the team non-stop, including his son. Aye there are a few up there louder than others but they are also part of a larger group that sing at games and are trying to create some sort of atmosphere that was impossible at Hampden. The place would be a morgue without them 
Each to their own we all pay our money and not my style either if I've got nothing positive to shout ill keep my frustrations to myself. I struggle to understand how shouting abuse at individual players helps regardless of how much they're under performing or paid. Our player of the month was even getting stick FFS [emoji17]I thought the guys concerned were particularly vocal on Tues - midweek beers prob a factor. There's obviously a balance no-one wants morgue like Hampden non atmosphere but I assume the club is trying to create an atmosphere where young players develop and not be afraid of making mistakes. Language was pretty choice too I'm not naive and have been to plenty of junior games and heard worse but not exactly family friendly when we're trying to build our supporter base and invite schools and community groups to games.

49 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Each to their own we all pay our money and not my style either if I've got nothing positive to shout ill keep my frustrations to myself. I struggle to understand how shouting abuse at individual players helps regardless of how much they're under performing or paid. Our player of the month was even getting stick FFS emoji17.pngI thought the guys concerned were particularly vocal on Tues - midweek beers prob a factor. There's obviously a balance no-one wants morgue like Hampden non atmosphere but I assume the club is trying to create an atmosphere where young players develop and not be afraid of making mistakes. Language was pretty choice too I'm not naive and have been to plenty of junior games and heard worse but not exactly family friendly when we're trying to build our supporter base and invite schools and community groups to games.

Very diplomatic. I thought the behaviour disgusting and if I had had a young child with me I would have walked out. Some of our support should be ashamed of themselves. 

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Very diplomatic. I thought the behaviour disgusting and if I had had a young child with me I would have walked out. Some of our support should be ashamed of themselves. 

Indeed I had to explain to my grandson that the most vociferous was a drunk idiot. Constant abuse of the players and constant swearing. Clearly a troubled person.

Can’t say I heard anything out of the ordinary. As for the “we want to attract families” etc. Aye. However, it’s football. Profanity is part and parcel of it. Take the emotion out of it and you’re as well watching cricket, rugby or some other pish.

There was one guy doing who thought he had his Pro-Licence who was far more vocal than anything supposedly offensive being shouted. “TAKE A BREATH!!!” when the game was stopped. Lucky he was there or the team might have forgotten to breathe, resulting in a huge selection problem for Saturday.

Edited by an86

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

Can’t say I heard anything out of the ordinary. As for the “we want to attract families” etc. Aye. However, it’s football. Profanity is part and parcel of it. Take the emotion out of it and you’re as well watching cricket, rugby or some other pish.

There was one guy doing who thought he had his Pro-Licence who was far more vocal than anything supposedly offensive being shouted. “TAKE A BREATH!!!” when the game was stopped. Lucky he was there or the team might have forgotten to breathe, resulting in a huge selection problem for Saturday.

So it's impossible to be emotional without constantly swearing?

30 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

Oh no, the sweetie wrapper rustlers in the QP support are outraged. Surprise surprise 🙄 

The ground would be like a morgue without those “drunken idiots.”  Boring b*****ds, honestly 

Nothing so boring as swearing virtually  nonstop through a match. A lack of vocabulary and control. Stick to the singing, chants and clapping. That creates an atmosphere.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Indeed I had to explain to my grandson that the most vociferous was a drunk idiot. Constant abuse of the players and constant swearing. Clearly a troubled person.

Unfortunately there are folk who think that by paying their money they have carte blanche to indulge in behaviour that would get them lifted in the street, and every club has them.

On Saturday the closing five minutes of the live stream commentary from Montrose was almost drowned out by the potty- mouthed ravings of a local roaster in the stand.

This is where stewards and club officials need to take a stance.  Failing that, on the few occasions I've taken matters into my own hands the success rate has been fairly high.  The worst scenario is when the culprit is accompanied by a child, that can be awkward.

Always nice to hear from the self appointed moral guardians of our support. Nobody is perfect. We're not robots. Our fans come in all shapes and sizes and from different social backgrounds. Some are loud, some are quiet. We all go to the games to support the team and what happens over 90 minutes dictates our behaviour. We're all passionate about the club. Some can rein it in. Others can't. I can deal with that. If others can't then fine, that's your right. Feel free to report any behaviour that upsets you to stewards, that's what they're there for. 

13 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Well I did have a child with me and she wasn't bothered at all. She actually finds it all quite amusing..."I hear a lot worse at school" is her response when anyone near her ever feels the need to apologise for their language. There was also one time at Cowdenbeath when a steward warned somebody about swearing and pointed to her as the reason. She said to me "why do adults get offended on our behalf and never ask us how we feel about it?"

14 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Well I did have a child with me and she wasn't bothered at all. She actually finds it all quite amusing..."I hear a lot worse at school" is her response when anyone near her ever feels the need to apologise for their language. There was also one time at Cowdenbeath when a steward warned somebody about swearing and pointed to her as the reason. She said to me "why do adults get offended on our behalf and never ask us how we feel about it?"

How very queens park

Maybe New Lesser should have a happy clapper section? Free boiled sweeties, hymn sheets with the sanctioned phrases ie good stuff old bean, top pudding my good man, and ear defenders so that the gentrified sections of our support don’t need to deal with the vulgarities from the proles.