Wales/Austria Travel

Ayr23

Not long to go now really. How are people planning on travelling to Wales or Austria if/when we beat Ukraine?

Austria;

A group of us have flights booked leaving from Glasgow to Vienna, leaving the Monday morning, and back to Prestwick on the Wednesday. £41 return. No big deal if it's not Austria, and the hotel has free cancellation.

Wales;

This one is causing more of a headache! We fancy a shorter trip, leaving early on Tuesday morning and back on the Wednesday. Most busses we've seen are leaving on the Monday, but surely there's a number leaving on match day? Saw return flights to Bristol for £71, and the train to Cardiff is coming in at £126 at the moment. Again the hotel is free cancellation.

If anyone knows any day trip/one night busses leaving the Glasgow/Ayrshire area (or passing through Glasgow) I'd be grateful to get more information.

Cheers!

22 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Not long to go now really. How are people planning on travelling to Wales or Austria if/when we beat Ukraine?

Austria;

A group of us have flights booked leaving from Glasgow to Vienna, leaving the Monday morning, and back to Prestwick on the Wednesday. £41 return. No big deal if it's not Austria, and the hotel has free cancellation.

Wales;

This one is causing more of a headache! We fancy a shorter trip, leaving early on Tuesday morning and back on the Wednesday. Most busses we've seen are leaving on the Monday, but surely there's a number leaving on match day? Saw return flights to Bristol for £71, and the train to Cardiff is coming in at £126 at the moment. Again the hotel is free cancellation.

If anyone knows any day trip/one night busses leaving the Glasgow/Ayrshire area (or passing through Glasgow) I'd be grateful to get more information.

Cheers!

Noticed this on one of the Tartan Army facebook groups which is picking up in Glasgow and Ayr if we end up playing Wales, yet to see any that are just going down and up on the Tuesday.

zOURJDF.png

I booked Bratislava a while back in case it's Austria but haven't bothered booking Wales yet as always thought worst case scenario if it ends up extortionate we'll just drive down.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Noticed this on one of the Tartan Army facebook groups which is picking up in Glasgow and Ayr if we end up playing Wales, yet to see any that are just going down and up on the Tuesday.

zOURJDF.png

I booked Bratislava a while back in case it's Austria but haven't bothered booking Wales yet as always thought worst case scenario if it ends up extortionate we'll just drive down.
Thank you, and that is the Tartan Army I'm a member of and have travelled far and wide with them! Yeah we've talked about the drive if needs must. Still not sure who I'd want to face in the final...