Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Seems like Russian forces are running out of transport trucks, always thought that they'd huge stockpiles of vehicles. 

FNU0bd_XoAAP2Ff?format=jpg&name=small

FNU0be_WQAEDQZ0?format=jpg&name=900x900

I'm half expecting a butchers van to come hurtling down the road next.da0301-01.jpg.f1195f2d412a571361f3399bcadb23c2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Okay, thanks for being open, honest and sharing with the group,  I promise I won't judge you....

20211118_103007.jpg

Rangers fans - always ahead of the zeitgeist.  Either that or just c***s.

How the hell does Putin get out of this without resorting to desperate measures? I'll admit that a few days ago I was fairly confident that the conflict would be confined to Ukraine but there seems to be an escalation of sanctions and provision of weapons to Ukraine that I never saw coming.

Given that Russia has a recently agreed $117.5 billion dollar deal in place to supply China with oil, and the means to do it,.

American imports from Russia only account for 1% of its crude oil (it gets over 60% from Canada), the UK as known, has less than 4% of its supply from Russia, so...all in all the sanctions on Russian oil from the US/UK are cosmetic, and don't have much of an impact on the Russian economy.

Meanwhile the EU knows that it will take them around 10 years to move away from Russian dependency.