Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

Quite tame compared to a clip doing the rounds last week that showed a feral cat eating what was left of the head of a dead Russian soldier who was part of a group of either dead or wounded who had had been left on stretchers out in the open in an area the Russians had abandoned for a while. Definitely best avoided.

Seems to be loads of talk on Telegram and elsewhere that some sort of action against the Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant is being planned. Seems far fetched and rumours like this have circulated before about Chernobyl. After the Kahkova Dam explosion though who knows.

There are quite specific claims about where Russia has planted explosives in the plant.

Edited by ICTChris

I mean, everyone online was going hysterical at the start of the war because they thought Russia would do something with Chernobyl and kill us all (the usual pish whenever the words "nuclear", "Russia" and "Chernobyl" are together).

The reactors are all in cold shutdown as well, bar one which is hot. Allegedly explosives are only on the third and fourth power units (which I presume relate to the reactors).

So at least one of those is cold, meaning the fuel and the fission is pretty much off. Wouldn't cause armaggedon. Funny to watch people panic over stuff like this, though. It's similar to that stupid trend a while back were people would overlay the Tsar Bomba's radius over big cities to scare people. 

9 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

I mean, everyone online was going hysterical at the start of the war because they thought Russia would do something with Chernobyl and kill us all (the usual pish whenever the words "nuclear", "Russia" and "Chernobyl" are together).

The reactors are all in cold shutdown as well, bar one which is hot. Allegedly explosives are only on the third and fourth power units (which I presume relate to the reactors).

So at least one of those is cold, meaning the fuel and the fission is pretty much off. Wouldn't cause armaggedon. Funny to watch people panic over stuff like this, though. It's similar to that stupid trend a while back were people would overlay the Tsar Bomba's radius over big cities to scare people. 

Yeah.... A State lobbing explosives about Europe's biggest nuclear power plant is absolutely nothing to worry about 🤨

Boom.

Worth pointing out that this is a gigantic store of explosives, rockets, missiles, bombs stored right in the middle of a civilian area. Ukraine has been able to strike in Donetsk for most of the war. Russia are simultaneously incompetent at having them there and completely indifferent to the impact on civilians living nearby, who they and those who parrot them claim they are going to war to protect.

I won’t share it but one of the idiots magnetically attracted to the Russian propaganda world has already called the destruction of the ammunition dump in Donetsk a “war crime”. 

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah.... A State lobbing explosives about Europe's biggest nuclear power plant is absolutely nothing to worry about 🤨

The Russians accused Ukraine of trying to do the same thing earlier in the war. The only people claiming anything are the Ukranian Government and the claim hasn't got any substance, as far as anyone can see.

10 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

No it's 100% not. 

Ukrainians appear to be advancing significantly south of Bakhmut:

have seen it argued that because the Russians badly wanted to advance further here to take the rest of the Donbas it might be one of the easier places for the Ukrainians to break through as there are fewer minefields involved.

55 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

No it's 100% not. 

It is. 99% of the time it's folk on twitter and stuff who believe anything they read. Some thought sincerely that we were getting a second pandemic with a new virus last year.

As I said, the Tsar Bomba "trend" also put the fear into some people (around the time when the media peddled the idea of a potential war, again) even though it was blatant scaremongering.

If something does happen, which is unlikely, them the humourous side disappears.

29 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

It is. 99% of the time it's folk on twitter and stuff who believe anything they read. Some thought sincerely that we were getting a second pandemic with a new virus last year.

As I said, the Tsar Bomba "trend" also put the fear into some people (around the time when the media peddled the idea of a potential war, again) even though it was blatant scaremongering.

If something does happen, which is unlikely, them the humourous side disappears.

It would be a great relief to me if we were attacked by lots of 350 kt nukes rather than the odd 50 mt one.

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

I'm guessing you were pissing yourself laughing when the damn exploded too...

The likelihood of this attack happening can be debated of course but I just find it pretty weird to refer to it as funny, I'm sure the people nearby aren't scoffing about online hot takes. 

1 hour ago, RuMoore said:

I'm guessing you were pissing yourself laughing when the damn exploded too...

The likelihood of this attack happening can be debated of course but I just find it pretty weird to refer to it as funny, I'm sure the people nearby aren't scoffing about online hot takes. 

The concept of nuclear war isn't funny. It's the people who freak out over (very obvious) scaremongering articles online.

The Ukranians have been cleaning the Russians will blow a nuclear plant since pretty much day one. They haven't. It would do damage to them, albeit less than it would Ukraine and Eastern Europe.

The Ukranian Government are the only ones claiming this, and considering they have no foothold in the plant, I doubt they'd know. It's just claims that Russia will try and false flag. I really doubt they'll do anything.

As for the dam thing, no. I wasn't. Because people in America and Western Europe (who have little to no way of being affected) weren't having panic rants online.

I'm laughing at ones sitting behind screens acting like a nuclear power plant would resemble the Fallout games. Not the ones who suffer. I hope they don't have to suffer. I just hope the ones that don't suffer and live in safety, don't act like they will and panic. The ones that do that are just hilariously stupid, so I laugh at them. If that makes sense.

Idk it's hard to word because of how many layers there are to it.

28 minutes ago, Herc said:

Russian media post pictures of Prigozhin's hoose after a raid by security services. Decent selection of wigs.

20230705_191831.thumb.jpg.0e480f15c87266c15daa569b95d25307.jpg

Wigs, funny wee chessboards.

I can definitely smell freemasonry