Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These Kjetil Knutsen suggestions are mad. [emoji23]. No chance he's leaving the 2 time Norwegian champs to come to Aberdeen. Absolute fantasy. He's been touted for EPL jobs. When he leaves Glimt he'll get a far bigger job than us. 

If you don’t ask….

Bodø is a small town way up the Norwegian coast and a lot of his better players have already bailed following the end of the 2021 season.

He may just see a club like ours as a ‘stepping stone’ between that league and the really big leagues.

But you’re right, seems unlikely.

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

James McPake is doing a fine job at Dens and is seriously under-appreciated by us Dees. As an added bonus you get a manager whose interviews sound like they've been voiced over by a Chewin' the Fat character. Get him in.

Excellent choice. I believe Jimmy owns a holiday home in the area and thus already understands the city, club and culture. Perfect fit. 

Maybe Gunn has a list of potential managerial targets? (Stop laughing)

Possibly could be the case, and done correctly could buy him and cormack some time and goodwill for the huge summer recruitment programme.

If Gunn is doing his job there must be a list drawn up, I know he's under qualified and just in the door but if he gets the credit for a good left field appointment then the Cormack show could be back on the road.

Another complete rookie or usual suspect and it could be tatties for the whole prawcess.

Get the Kjetil (Knutsen) on Gunner, this could be your chance to rise above tea boy in the eyes of our fans.

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So which jobs was goodwin touted for before??? none?

When McInnes's coat was on a shougly peg (pre-Glass) Goodwin was being touted.  Other fan's have said that they would have him.  It could just be my paranoia but Goodwin's name always seems to come up in these conversations and it triggers memories of Jack Ross getting touted for at least two other jobs before he went to Sunderland.  Obviously I follow rumours about St Mirren more than I follow rumours about Motherwell but Goodwin (and Ross) always seems to attract a lot of attention from other clubs.

But it's really a simple question.  Alexander has actually had Motherwell in fourth this season Goodwin hasn't done that with St Mirren.  Time in post might be a factor but if you're the Aberdeen board and you are hoping to try and snatch fourth this season why is Goodwin a realistic contender but Alexander isn't?

4 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

When McInnes's coat was on a shougly peg (pre-Glass) Goodwin was being touted.  Other fan's have said that they would have him.  It could just be my paranoia but Goodwin's name always seems to come up in these conversations and it triggers memories of Jack Ross getting touted for at least two other jobs before he went to Sunderland.  Obviously I follow rumours about St Mirren more than I follow rumours about Motherwell but Goodwin (and Ross) always seems to attract a lot of attention from other clubs.

But it's really a simple question.  Alexander has actually had Motherwell in fourth this season Goodwin hasn't done that with St Mirren.  Time in post might be a factor but if you're the Aberdeen board and you are hoping to try and snatch fourth this season why is Goodwin a realistic contender but Alexander isn't?

We've a stated ambition to play attacking football. That kind of rules Alexander out. 

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Sneaky.

But why though?

You being realistic?

Are Hearts too big? 

Yes they are. They're at about the same level on the food chain as us. Probably slightly smaller and less successful mind

No one will take Robbie off you guys...sorry, he's a lower league manager made to look good this year as you guys have best goalkeeper in the league. Probably still get you guys dumped out of Europe by some Maltese bus drivers again.

Scottish footballs worst ever result in europe - Robbie 🤣🤣

Worst cup defeat last year to Brora too - Robbie 🤣🤣

Knudson would be ambitious for Aberdeen but so would Davidson but it will probably go to Lennon if the factor is on winning things don't see why it would be divisive its not as if he is managing Rangers or Hearts then maybe a few gammons would get upset 

Ronnie Dahilia good shout to but won league for New York aren't sure if he would want to leave

Best players from that Norwegian team already moved on though places like Turkey where most Scottish teams can't compete with financially 

Edited by General dissaray

Barry Robson confirmed in interim charge.

Will be interested to see how this goes - as I think there is still potential there for something more permanent -we'll see if he can do something with the charlatans that make up a good proportion of our current squad.