Sons vs Wasps

First of all, fair play to Alloa. They deserved to win, the only thing that stings a wee bit is the manner in which we lost. I'm quite happy to absolve Wright of any blame and lay that squarely on the pitch, it was always going to catch players out today. And unfortunately for us it caught out the last line of defence. A real shame, and he didn't deserve it as he was excellent all match aside from that moment. 

I was a wee bit concerned when I saw our team without Carsy in it. And the midfield was where we lost that game. Paul Paton was excellent again, but it just wasn't happening for Adam Hutchinson, Gregg Wylde or Carlo Pignatiello.

Contrast that with Alloa's midfield of Adam King, Mohammed Niang and John Robertson. All of whom were absolutely superb. Robertson especially as the disciplined holding midfielder was absolutely magnificent and a real thorn in our side.

Steven Boyd was a constant threat and big Conor Sammon dug out a really decent, selfless performance.

For us? Well we only really turned up in patches. Conner Duthie and Ross MacLean looked excellent in stages, but were then totally missed out for long spells. We didn't offer much of a threat down the wings, and Callum Wilson and Kalvin Orsi struggled to have any sort of impact off the bench.

We badly miss Josh for something different up top and his absence combined with Carsy's were highlighted badly. Faz is hopeful about having both back next week, which would be a major boost.

All that being said, I did still see positives. Bronsky and Buchanan played well, Stanger (despite clearly being a CB at RB) was solid enough and as mentioned earlier Paul Paton was Roy of the Rovers-esque at times. It was just a shame he was having to do everything himself in there.

The overall performance wasn't great but, for a dodgy bounce, we'd have taken something. Which is what I'll cling to. Especially given how Alloa bossed the second-half for long spells, but only really had the Durnan chance that Kieran Wright somehow clawed clear to show for it.

I thought Alloa looked like a team playing with the fear of the Ferguson era banished. Especially after they took the lead. I don't imagine it'll be a major ask of Brian Rice to keep this Wasps squad up - but his bigger task will be turning them into title challengers next season.

For us? If someone offered us the chance to play every game away from home for the rest of the season, then I'd bite their hand off for it. At Broadwood last weekend we played some lovely stuff. That just wasn't possible on the disgrace of a pitch we've got. I seriously hope Faz is expressing his displeasure about that, and that something will be done for next season. Because it's an embarrassment. And it's going to be something that puts players off signing for us or staying with us.

I only managed to catch the first 30 minutes or so today and was absolutely appalled by the state of the pitch. I’d rather we didn’t bother our arse to get the game on at all, what I seen was two teams massively struggling to play football on an utter disgrace of a field that looks like it has had cattle grazing on it for the last month. That’s not to take away from Alloa’s victory, they obviously adapted to the conditions better than ourselves but I’m not going to criticise the players for losing today, that was a total lottery in those conditions and I have genuine sympathy for them. I reckon some of them must be questioning their decision to join us having to ply their trade on that pitch.

Whoever sanctioned the whole ground share with Rangers B is a fucking moron. By all accounts a bobble on the pitch cost us the 2nd goal? That could be extemely costly come the end of the season. The manager has signed a team who are far more suited to playing the ball on the deck and they simply can’t do that.

Give me the worst plastic surface in Scotland any day of the week over what we currently have. I hope the decision makers at the club are having crisis talks about how the hell we sort this mess out.

32 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

Trying to say mitre who sponsor the league are charging clubs 100 quid a pop don’t think so

Does it even remotely matter? When is the last time these wee fannys attended a game and didn’t cause bother? I’d rather they kept their pocket money if it means they don’t turn up and smash bus windows/break seats/set off flares/steal match balls.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Does it even remotely matter? When is the last time these wee fannys attended a game and didn’t cause bother? I’d rather they kept their pocket money if it means they don’t turn up and smash bus windows/break seats/set off flares/steal match balls.

The youngsters were great today, no problems at all and there was maybe 70-80 of them. 

A whole section at the end of the stand bouncing & singing.

They possibly contributed roughly close to £1k to the Club today, £8-£10 a head and hot dogs, cola and macaroni pie central.

Good on them I say.

So you know everyone of them personally to attribute that it was everyone of them causing problem off your high horse

8 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

So you know everyone of them personally to attribute that it was everyone of them causing problem off your high horse

I don’t know any of them at all. I do know that all of them, as a collective group, have been causing bother continuously over the last 2 months and it will eventually cost the club more money than they spend on macaroni pies. If the well behaved ones don’t want to get banned they should really stop attending games with the ones who are causing bother or identify them to the club so we can get them to f**k.

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye, salt of the earth.

It's been posted a few times lately, there are 1 or 2 older ones with ideas above their station & think their the dugs, but the vast majority of these kids wear Sons scarves, flags & sing.

They're a breath of fresh air.

These youngsters are our future support, as Jan Vojacek, I think posted last week, maybe Farrell/dfc could talk with some of them & say what is acceptable & what is not.

Just now, Silverton End said:

It's been posted a few times lately, there are 1 or 2 older ones with ideas above their station & think their the dugs, but the vast majority of these kids wear Sons scarves, flags & sing.

They're a breath of fresh air.

These youngsters are our future support, as Jan Vojacek, I think posted last week, maybe Farrell/dfc could talk with some of them & say what is acceptable & what is not.

I’d love to agree but I can’t. I’d be all for them turning up and creating an atmosphere but smashing bus windows, seats and stealing balls is completely unacceptable. If the good guys far outweigh the bad guys then it wont be hard to sort it.

I agree someone needs to have a word with them, whether that’s the manager or someone from the board. They have the potential to be a  great addition to our support but they seriously need to wrap the pish.

I don’t know any of them at all. I do know that all of them, as a collective group, have been causing bother continuously over the last 2 months and it will eventually cost the club more money than they spend on macaroni pies. If the well behaved ones don’t want to get banned they should really stop attending games with the ones who are causing bother or identify them to the club so we can get them to f**k.

U upset because they make a wee bit more noise than you do certainly comes across that way