Sons vs Wasps

I didn't know dumbarton ran a creche at home games  🙂  had a good giggle at the wee lambs giving it large to us as we left the ground 

it is a problem in every club where wee bawbags  kids don't seem to behave themselves 

not like in my day anyway   🧑‍🦽 👨‍🦯

10 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

I didn't know dumbarton ran a creche at home games  🙂  had a good giggle at the wee lambs giving it large to us as we left the ground 

it is a problem in every club where wee bawbags  kids don't seem to behave themselves 

There's a tipping point where enthusiastic young fans become wee fannies. We've had the flare at the Dundee cup game. Saw some getting their cans confiscated when being searched. I'm by no means a grumpy old man, but there's a right way to do this kind of thing and a wrong way. Have a bit of fun with it but keep it fun. Drop the daft stuff.

And I say that as a member of the Adler Mannheim Fanprojekt who gets my tickets whenever I'm over for the stehplatz, who has experienced European ultras culture done really really well and who was lucky enough to go on the Mannheim sonderzug trip to Dusseldorf in 2017. When it's done well? Fantastic. Brings noise, colour and atmosphere. It can't become an excuse for teenagers to have a couple of bevvies on a Saturday, make an arse of themselves and the club with flares or their general behaviour and indulge in some daft fantasy that they're an ultras group.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

I didn't know dumbarton ran a creche at home games  [emoji846]  had a good giggle at the wee lambs giving it large to us as we left the ground 
not like in my day anyway   [emoji3167]‍🦽 [emoji67]‍🦯

Was this inside stadium ground or outside of the car park as I never noticed anything when I was getting my car ?

5 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

Was this inside stadium ground or outside of the car park as I never noticed anything when I was getting my car ?

in the car  park , it was nothing really all just banter just funny as they looked about 9 and 11 year olds 

kids nowadays eh ? 😇

1.  Our pitch is atrocious and we deserve to be playing Sundays at 10 on the common if we think that’s an acceptable surface to present to an SPFL league game. 

2. Regardless of the pitch, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that it was going to be the leveller. Alloa play on a perfect surface every week and train on it too. If anything we should know our own patch and how poor it is. It should have went in our favour yet Alloa dealt with it better and ultimately caused us grief all over the place. 

3. Carswell gets slated on here every week because folk think he doesn’t do enough. Yet here we are one game without him and  without him we were completely absent in the middle of the park. 

ive been an admirer or Robertson since I seen him for Alloa in the championship and big up to him again he was terrific for the wasps. 

4. The “wee Fannie’s” were actually the best bit about the home support today, extremely well behaved and gave the rock a bit of atmosphere about it for a change.

Normally you could hear a pin drop in that home stand, and even that requires about 70% of our home support to have their hearing aids turned on. 
yeah there’s been some trouble with proper Fannies recently bringing bad press to the rock but it looked like they were absent from todays group. And I’d say we have a decent set of fans there who we should encourage as opposed to discourage. 

Lastly, I’ve lost track of who it is, but complaining about a mitre football that one of them or a group of them might be away home with, give us peace. 

I grew up in Dumbarton and there was a bells sponsored match hall from the rock in every playground in the area that some kid had got their hands on. I don’t think it merits the wee 9/10 year olds getting an asbo and a stadium ban. 

mon eh sons 

Folk thinking it’s acceptable to steal a match baw because you turn up and make a bit of noise and because people done it in nineteen canteen, only a matter of weeks after a supporters bus window got panned by the same crowd. Jesus wept.

I’d love to see the reaction if a Sons supporters bus got tanned, or if opposition fans were tearing up seats and stealing match balls. Some folk take their kids on supporters buses but I suppose a shard of glass in a weans eye is forgivable if you turn up and sing some songs.

Folk thinking it’s acceptable to steal a match baw because you turn up and make a bit of noise and because people done it in nineteen canteen, only a matter of weeks after a supporters bus window got panned by the same crowd. Jesus wept.
I’d love to see the reaction if a Sons supporters bus got tanned, or if opposition fans were tearing up seats and stealing match balls. Some folk take their kids on supporters buses but I suppose a shard of glass in a weans eye is forgivable if you turn up and sing some songs.

What you exactly looking for. some one to be hung drawn and quartered shit happens they will get reprimanded move on

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Bit rich, given the absolute wee fannies Alloa have supporting them.

Fucking hell, you guys weren't kidding about the pitch! You're surely stuck with that 'til the end of the season, but fingers crossed that's sorted for you for next year.

Looks like we were good for the win. Not many times we could say that lately, so yeehaa.

1 hour ago, DobbiesAgent said:

3. Carswell gets slated on here every week because folk think he doesn’t do enough. Yet here we are one game without him and  without him we were completely absent in the middle of the park. 

I really agree with this actually. He’s become a bit of this current team’s John Dillon/Andy Brown/Colin Nish/Kyle Hutton. A really good player that the fans seem to love to hate.

7 hours ago, kenrobell said:

What you exactly looking for. some one to be hung drawn and quartered shit happens they will get reprimanded move on

Nobody has been reprimanded for smashing supporters bus windows or breaking seats so why you think they'll be reprimanded for stealing a ball is anyones guess. It's pish behaviour and I don't know why folk are defending it. 

6 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I really agree with this actually. He’s become a bit of this current team’s John Dillon/Andy Brown/Colin Nish/Kyle Hutton. A really good player that the fans seem to love to hate.

Lets not pretend Carsy is having a terrific season. He's been good since we stopped losing every week but during our bad run he was honking and costing us goals. Aye we might've done better if Carswell was available but Paton was the only natural midfielder playing yesterday. Wylde considers himself a left back (and was in hiding yesterday), Carlo is a right back and Hutchinson is a defender. Faz obviously had priorities to get defenders in during the window but we have been left short in the middle of the park. 

It won't matter though, we can't play any football at home and the players must dread playing for us there. I honestly think it's that bad that someone at the club needs to explain (a) how we've allowed it to get to this state and (b) what we're doing to fix it. Maybe this new Colin guy can get in touch with his global contacts and find us a solution. Lol.

No blame on wright for that second goal but his positioning for the first was rotten.  Comes out to try get the ball, realises he won't get there and doesnt really try get back between the sticks at all.

The pitch is a joke, a complete embarrassment.  Worried it will be a huge factor in us going down.  Also as mentioned on here, it would stop players signing for us.

1 hour ago, Thommo90 said:

No blame on wright for that second goal but his positioning for the first was rotten.  Comes out to try get the ball, realises he won't get there and doesnt really try get back between the sticks at all.

The pitch is a joke, a complete embarrassment.  Worried it will be a huge factor in us going down.  Also as mentioned on here, it would stop players signing for us.

I felt Wright was trying to 'read' the situation and was left surprised and flat-footed when Pat Boyle allowed the Alloa player to get into a crossing position.  Wright has played only a few games for us but he's already a step-up in quality and consistency, but he won't get everything right.  He really didn't deserve the fiasco of the winning goal and I was glad to see David Hutton, who had his own kicking moment, speak with him at full time.

3 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

I felt Wright was trying to 'read' the situation and was left surprised and flat-footed when Pat Boyle allowed the Alloa player to get into a crossing position.  Wright has played only a few games for us but he's already a step-up in quality and consistency, but he won't get everything right.  He really didn't deserve the fiasco of the winning goal and I was glad to see David Hutton, who had his own kicking moment, speak with him at full time.

Pat Boyle was honking yesterday. Nowhere near the level we need and, unless Faz has told him to, I have no idea why he thinks as a left back he should be playing as narrow as he was and letting Alloa have the freedom of the left wing.

I don't think Wright or Boyle covered themselves in glory for that goal. But Paddy really has to be doing better defending a pretty basic ball forward. He really is bad for getting narrow and it's something that opposition teams are exploiting. Clyde's goal last week came from a very similar ball over the top. As did Queen's Park's winner, Montrose's opener was down that side as were both goals against Cove (the ghost penalty and then the cross Sam made a mess of).

I'd like to think that Faz would be considering trying Wylde there. Or even handing Sam Muir a recall for next week's game. If Josh is back we can always move Duthie onto the wing to offer a wee bit more protection for Wylde if needed.

Interesting that we're looking at Boyle for fault in the 1st goal; he only went narrow because he was tracking Cawley.  If there's a midfielder or full back running to get on the end of a 40 or 50 yard pass and then cross, perhaps we should consider where our midfield had gone?  Im not convinced Hutchison or Bucky do enough to react to the ball coming in at the front post either.  Paton got tore into Boyle after it too, but it wasnt just him.

After their 2nd you could see Paton and Fazz shouting at each other.  On another pitch the pass from Paton is a reasonable one, but it was minutes after the Alloa goalie struggled with a pass back that led to a corner for us.  

Edited by sonsanorak