Sons vs Wasps

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

What a strike. That had been coming, we didn't want half time.

I'm not so sure! Other than MacLean's shot and the 'keeper being pushed over the line I didn't think we looked like scoring at all today. Great finish from Paton though.

Hasn't been much in the game but we're losing the midfield battle and Alloa are moving the ball around slightly better than we are without threatening too much.

Hard to say but, Wright moved to come out and collect the ball in the lead up to goal we lost but hesitated and backtracked. Not sure if it cost us or just the horrific defending (bit of both perhaps).

Deserved equaliser! We were the better team up until Alloa’s goal (which unsurprisingly came down the left side). Once they scored they looked likely to double the lead for 10 mins or so with some good combinations on the counter but in the last 5 mins or so we began to create good chances and Paton’s strike was well controlled into the bottom corner. I feel we’re missing Carsy. Stanger looks a decent defender but painfully slow - I’d suggest he’s meant to be a centre back, as is Hutchinson.

12 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Get the ground staff to fck. Lazy b*****d’s who think they just need to turn up with a fork on match day - which could be the reason we go down.

Nah, if we go doon it’ll be because we’re shite. 

I do wonder if the only thing really holding Alloa back this season is the two idiot bigots they had running the show there. Certainly some decent players in that squad and they looked well up for it today - plenty hunger. 

Edited by George Parr

A really shite way to lose a game. Not an excuse as it's the same for both teams but the pitch is a disgrace. It really does need serious attention as soon as possible and if I was Faz I'd be marching into the board room right now and getting some telts dished out. That said, we didn't use the ball at all well in the second half, and we should prpbably take one of those chances at the end. A chance missed which makes next week even more important. 

Our second half performance was as rotten as the pitch. Farrell did well getting new bodies in but without big Josh we look the exact same team.  Our home form is abysmal.

Mckee should be getting much more game time.  Closest we came to scoring in the second half was the series of corners at the end. 

Embarrassing second half performance. We came out half asleep and looked far too happy to coast along until the final whistle.

Both teams had to play on it, so no excuses here but the park has literally just cost us points there. It’s an absolute disgrace. 

I thought young Callum Wilson was absolutely dreadful when he came on, what’s happened to the wee man? He looked so full of promise at the start of the season.