Paris

Newbornbairn

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

A ride designed to drive people insane…

Our ride queue times were all fairly decent, generally around 25 - 30 minutes, but Small World was well over an hour so we binned it - I guess the time of year meant it was mostly families with younger kids so that area of the park was busier than the rest.

On 01/04/2022 at 12:43, Michael W said:

We got a pass Navigo, which allowed unlimited usage of the Metro/RER and buses (except the bus to Paris Orly). Costs just over 22 euros, plus an additional 5 Euros for the card. You also need to give them a passport-sized photo.

I hadn't realised that it required a photo until we were buying them - Ned Jnr handed over his driving licence and the scanned and printed the picture fpr him ... I ended up taking a selfie and sending it to them electronically - not sure if every station would be so helpful but ours certainly was

• 3 months later...
On 15/01/2023 at 12:17, welshbairn said:

How about Parc Asterix instead? Haven't been to either but I loved the Asterix comics when I was a kid. 

Was a huge asterix fan as a kid and went their twice, two of the best days of my life tbqhwy. 

Going end of next Month, anyone got any particular food or other recs? All we really have planned at the moment is D'Orsay and going to see boney. And eating and drinking our weight obvs. 

• 6 months later...

I'm in Paris at the moment, staying in the 9th arrondissement which is great but for the sake of half a mile or so out of town I think the next time we'll stay in Montmartre. Where we are is good - bustling, loads of bars/food etc but Montmartre just has a more relaxed vibe, like a village but still typically Parisien. 

Overall, amazing city. One of my favourites.