Do you think premiership players read this forum? If so, would you temper your comments about them or their team?

As the title suggests...  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

How many folk in their 20s are really aware of forums anymore?

I think that's a pretty valid point. We've gone from inline text chat like IRC, to instant messengers, to facebook, twitter, et al... the progression of the Internet is one based on convenience, and these days people want quick soundbites from "famous influencers" rather than long form discussion forums like these.

The one flip side though, is in the depth of knowledge, you might find the youth line up on your club's twitter, but you'll need to go to a forum in order to get a game report, or perhaps you support a smaller club that doesn't have much media presence, again a forum will be a good resource.

Despite that, I do think you are spot on, and forums are certainly less relevant then they were 10 years ago.

17 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

How many folk in their 20s are really aware of forums anymore? I'm in that age range but I'd imagine I'm a bit of an odd one out, I get the impression that the general demographics of forums like this skew a bit older than that. Maybe it would have been more prevalent with the previous generation of players- about 10 years ago- but nowadays I reckon the majority that do engage with that sort of thing do so on Twitter. In general it feels like forums used to be a much bigger part of the internet than they are now. I stumbled on P&B and Steelmen Online as a teenager but apart from that its never been something I've been involved in.

TBF my kids know more about the goings on in Pie & Bovril than who the Prime minister is.

This could be down to my teachings though.