Pars vs Killie - 26th Feb

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Early red for Killie.

One(of many) things we're missing is a proper shithouse to cause things like this.  Miss the days of knowing you had someone to bam the opposition up.

1 hour ago, KTID65 said:

This will be my first trip to East End Park, looking forward to it. What’s it like for parking? Also any good places to eat after the game as we are going to the hockey in Kirkcaldy on Saturday night?

Parking is a piece of piss, Street parking either around Townhill road or Garvick hill,  free parking at leys car park which can be a nightmare post KO,  but might be quite good if your intention is to leave the car there and then go into town for a meal.

Depends  what you want for food,  You'll get bog-standard chain shit at the fife leisure park which is on the way to Kirkcaldy.   In town depends what you want,  for pub food I'd recommend the glen tavern, tho it's slightly more in the wrong direction for Kirkcaldy,  Indian I'd go for Khushi's but there's a good few options,  We used to be superb for Italians but lost a few over the last while,  Gratzi probably the only reasonable option left.

Edit- Alternatively get bridied out your nut,  f**k your Killie pie

Edited by parsforlife

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

One(of many) things we're missing is a proper shithouse to cause things like this.  Miss the days of knowing you had someone to bam the opposition up.

Parking is a piece of piss, Street parking either around Townhill road or Garvick hill,  free parking at leys car park which can be a nightmare post KO,  but might be quite good if your intention is to leave the car their and then go into town for a meal.

Depends  what you want for food,  You'll get bog-standard chain shit at the fife leisure park which is on the way to Kirkcaldy.   In town depends what you want,  for pub food I'd recommend the glen tavern, tho it's slightly more in the wrong direction for Kirkcaldy,  Indian I'd go for Khushi's but there's a good few options,  We used to be superb for Italians but lost a few over the last while,  Gratzi probably the only reasonable option left.

Edit- Alternatively get bridied out your nut,  f**k your Killie pie

Thanks for the info, cheers 

I can heartily recommend either Dhoom or Jack o Bryans for food in town.

Plenty of other places for cheap pub grub, if that’s more your bag.

I’d advise parking at the CR Smith just down from the ground as there is plenty of space on a Saturday and you’ll get away quicker than if you’re at Leys Park Road.

Normally say that a draw would be a decent result but time is running out and results elsewhere have done us no favours. 

Really need three points to close the gap above us. Hopefully have a proper go at them Saturday. We're playing no bad just now.

Both teams will have a decent idea of how the other plays now - and we're probably going to face a sterner test than last weekend where, barring the start of the second half, the Rovers barely laid a glove on us. I thought Dunfermline were actually worse at RP two Saturdays ago than they were in the fogged-off game, but who knows what will happen on the day. Won't manage up to this so I'm hoping to maybe catch a bit of it on a stream and hope for the best.

Normally say that a draw would be a decent result but time is running out and results elsewhere have done us no favours. 
Really need three points to close the gap above us. Hopefully have a proper go at them Saturday. We're playing no bad just now.

Yeah, we can’t afford to view games against teams in the top half as a ‘decent point’ if we draw. We need to win a few of the games against those in the top half to have any chance of surviving. Of course if we’re behind and score another late equaliser it would become a good point. But we can’t go in with the attitude that a point is a good result. We need to be setting up to try and win every week.

We need to win this. To have any chance, we need to have our best players on the pitch. That means Dom Thomas starting. He will be match fit by now (surely to Christ) but the thought of Efe at right-back is the fear. Probably have to play Martin at RB and continue with Efe at centre half. F*ck me.

McCann is needing dropped. We need to start taking risks and gambling a wee bit. Draws are no use to us. We need to go all in, especially our home games, and aim for all 3 points. There hasn’t been too much between the sides this season. We are more than capable of getting a win. It’s badly needed to keep our heads above water.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

We need to win this. To have any chance, we need to have our best players on the pitch. That means Dom Thomas starting. He will be match fit by now (surely to Christ) but the thought of Efe at right-back is the fear. Probably have to play Martin at RB and continue with Efe at centre half. F*ck me.

McCann is needing dropped. We need to start taking risks and gambling a wee bit. Draws are no use to us. We need to go all in, especially our home games, and aim for all 3 points. There hasn’t been too much between the sides this season. We are more than capable of getting a win. It’s badly needed to keep our heads above water.

We need to win it too….

We need to win it too….

Yes, that goes without saying. In the end, I think you will have that extra stamina to pip Arbroath to the title. Hopefully it’s a good game. Would happily take any sort of performance from us as long as we win. Just can’t see it though. We are the experts of drawing games then rueing the opportunity to win it.