Queen’s Park v Montrose

55 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Some people were happy to see Bob McHugh out of the lineup yesterday but it was clear we missed his link up play and nothing was sticking up front.

Also, I know Murray wasn’t having an amazing season before his injury but I think the team is sadly missing him at the moment. 

I'm not sure anyone is happy to see McHugh out of the squad when we have absolutely no other strikers, people just recognise that he isn't the answer to our goalscoring issues. Still, he's better than trying to force the likes of Longridge, Moore, or McBride to play totally out of position up front.

I agree about Murray, despite the fact that he misses a lot of chances I think by this point in the season without his injury problems he'd probably be on 9-10 goals or so which could've made the difference in some of these draws. That doesn't excuse the club for not signing a striker in January though.

10 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I was talking to a member at the game today and he told me that he had e-mailed the CEO in January and it took her 3 weeks to reply to him, but of course she was very busy with recruitment at that time.

Shocking and very rude but at least he got a reply. Of course she would be busy_________________doing nothing.

Really heartwarming to hear the applause for Peter Grant when he came on.

Other than his reappearance, it's hard to think of many positives. Liam Brown looked back to his best, but we were outmuscled in midfield and up front. 

No more clever wee flicks and backheelers until we're a couple of goals up please.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Also, we've won 7 league games this season, the same number we finished on in 2008/2009 (with John Neill, Adam Coakley and the late Stuart McGrady) and in 2017/2018. Both times we were relegated. Presumably we'll finish on more than 7 this season, but going by how we played yesterday I wouldn't be putting my mortage on it.

As for our other recent seasons in the third tier:

2000/2001: 10 wins
2007/2008: 13 wins
2016/2017: 12 wins

I appreciate we've drawn a lot of games and have only lost 4, but Airdrie have lost 6 and are 15 (fifteen) points ahead of us, albeit having played a game more.

1 minute ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Also, we've won 7 league games this season, the same number we finished on in 2008/2009 (with John Neill, Adam Coakley and the late Stuart McGrady) and in 2017/2018. Both times we were relegated. Presumably we'll finish on more than 7 this season, but going by how we played yesterday I wouldn't be putting my mortage on it.

As for our other recent seasons in the third tier:

2000/2001: 10 wins
2007/2008: 13 wins
2016/2017: 12 wins

I appreciate we've drawn a lot of games and have only lost 4, but Airdrie have lost 6 and are 15 (fifteen) points ahead of us, albeit having played a game more.

They’re trying there best. Nothing to worry about. Luca Connell should have been carried off the pitch at shoulder height, whilst punching the air in delight imo.

27 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Really heartwarming to hear the applause for Peter Grant when he came on.

Other than his reappearance, it's hard to think of many positives. Liam Brown looked back to his best, but we were outmuscled in midfield and up front. 

No more clever wee flicks and backheelers until we're a couple of goals up please.

Just say we were shite mate. Trying to think of positives is a waste of your time 

21 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I for one have enjoyed watching the efforts of the players this season 

I enjoyed the first 10 games. Since then we've taken 16 points from 16 games and won only two. I suppose it's a lot more enjoyable than watching online but Pravda has nothing on you mate 

3 hours ago, behindthelens said:

Firstly, a commendation for the media team for having to find “highlights”. Four and a half mins, the first of which was to read the team sheets.

Had a good look at Kilday’s match-ending injury. Nothing happened. Failed to jump for a ball and then just sat down. Some kind of strain or pull I guess. There’s a lot of criticism, and sometimes it’s used as an excuse, for the injury list but maybe it’s distorted by players like Kilday who just sit down and walk off the field when it suits them. I hope our executive decision-makers are learning from this.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Firstly, a commendation for the media team for having to find “highlights”. Four and a half mins, the first of which was to read the team sheets.

Had a good look at Kilday’s match-ending injury. Nothing happened. Failed to jump for a ball and then just sat down. Some kind of strain or pull I guess. There’s a lot of criticism, and sometimes it’s used as an excuse, for the injury list but maybe it’s distorted by players like Kilday who just sit down and walk off the field when it suits them. I hope our executive decision-makers are learning from this.

It's all very well to criticise players' performances but to suggest that a player walked off the pitch because he couldn't be bothered carrying on is way over the top.

28 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

but maybe it’s distorted by players like Kilday who just sit down and walk off the field when it suits them. I hope our executive decision-makers are learning from this.

He's only been subbed twice this entire season: once in the 88th minute against Clyde back in January, and after half an hour in the second game of the season against Airdrie. To suggest he was feigning an injury when he was taken off yesterday or just couldn't be arsed is baseless and totally unfair.

22 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

It's all very well to criticise players' performances but to suggest that a player walked off the pitch because he couldn't be bothered carrying on is way over the top.

3 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

He's only been subbed twice this entire season: once in the 88th minute against Clyde back in January, and after half an hour in the second game of the season against Airdrie. To suggest he was feigning an injury when he was taken off yesterday or just couldn't be arsed is baseless and totally unfair.

Interesting you both saw it as some kind of slur on Kilday. Nothing I said intimated that. Your saying more about yourself than me.

For clarity, another old crock who is is a risk to the stability of the starting line-up. You can add Grant, Gillespie, Longridge, and of course Murray to that. I sincerely hope we don’t go catching from that pond again.

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Interesting you both saw it as some kind of slur on Kilday. Nothing I said intimated that. Your saying more about yourself than me.

For clarity, another old crock who is is a risk to the stability of the starting line-up. You can add Grant, Gillespie, Longridge, and of course Murray to that. I sincerely hope we don’t go catching from that pond again.

Try rereading your post.

There’s a lot of criticism, and sometimes it’s used as an excuse, for the injury list but maybe it’s distorted by players like Kilday who just sit down and walk off the field when it suits them.

18 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

Wow … that has to be the worst, eye bleedingly grim game of “football” I’ve seen in a long long time.  Obviously, the pitch was largely to blame but neither team created much.  Having nicked a goal we just sat back in our own half for the whole 2nd half while QP huffed and puffed without looking like scoring. We’ve been miles off it since Xmas and there wasn’t much (result aside) I saw today that fills me with hope for the playoffs. We look sluggish all over the pitch the last few weeks. As for QP … some tidy midfielders and a strong defence. Going to be interesting to see if you can hold off Falkirk for 4th place. 

Have some Montrose fans become a little entitled? Stewart Petrie has done fantastic job all things considered, a fantastic job. There are going to be ups and downs at club the size of Montrose, and winning when you’re on a bit of a down is something to be praised.

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Few posts about Beuker but not much for John Potter. He’s coached in the premiership but we honestly look worse under his interim stewardship. 

I really do not know what he is doing there. I can only think he was being used as bait for Jack Ross. Total waste of time.

3 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

He's only the caretaker assistant manager though, isn't he? Beuker's the one in charge.

He’s stated as coach on the programme. Not assistant to anyone. Paid to deliver results and failing to do so. He has responsibility too. 

Just to be clear, my gripe is with Dempster. Not Beuker and Potter. They’re both in a fairly rubbish position and Beuker isn’t even in the role he was employed for. 

Edited by QPSpider1867