Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

37 minutes ago, Gnash said:

I agree that the BoE may not be able to bring inflation down purely through increasing interest rates.  

Ok, then at least we are on the same page - that is that without intervention to reduce energy costs, the BoE will not be able to cool inflation by increasing interest rates.

With that in mind, unless the UK Gov indicate that they are planning to intervene, the knock-on effect of doing so should be considered before relentlessly adding 25 or even 50 points to the base rate on a monthly basis.

24 minutes ago, Left Back said:

What revenues?  The energy in the North Sea is owned by private companies, not the government.

Well devolve the permits to drill and petroleum revenue tax.

The latter is currently 0 rated but drilling for oil and gas should be subject to tax especially as there is no guarantee we will receive the tax on its sale in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Well devolve the permits to drill and petroleum revenue tax.

The latter is currently 0 rated but drilling for oil and gas should be subject to tax especially as there is no guarantee we will receive the tax on its sale in Scotland.

What evidence is there that SG won’t just sell it off?  I mean it’s not like the Scottish Crown Estate didn’t get mugged by the oil companies about 6 months ago in the wind auctions.

16 minutes ago, Left Back said:

What evidence is there that SG won’t just sell it off?  I mean it’s not like the Scottish Crown Estate didn’t get mugged by the oil companies about 6 months ago in the wind auctions.

Maybe they would sell it all off but with the greens in office I highly doubt it.

1 hour ago, bobbykdy said:

It must be difficult being so intellectually superior to the rest of the population, except all you ever seem to do is pick arguments with people on here. Two words for you, common denominator.

If you have this allergic reaction to people having the temerity to use facts, reason and arguments, then I have two words for you as well:

Sign out. 

Your 'contribution' will not be missed.

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

You sound like a gammon with that dismissive patter 

A lot of people are going to die because they can no longer afford to live. 

So you want to encourage other people to riot but you aren’t prepared to do so yourself?  Pointing this out makes me a gammon?  You must have go go gadget arms to be reaching that far.

53 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you have a problem with this you should definitely direct your rage at the BoE directly.

Contact | Bank of England

I'm sure they'll be only too eager to be corrected by you.

Don't say I'm not good to you.

You're the one who stated that it was a good explanation of the current inflation issue, so the onus is actually on you to justify that claim.

It is completely disingenuous from the BoE to point to workers' wages as a contributing factor. It is in fact the overwhelming supply-side shock - caused by western Europe's gormless decision to launch an economic war with a key energy supplier - that is responsible for double-digit inflation. Which makes any decision to raise interest rates a literally worse than useless response. 

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Yes absolutely 

If the government isn’t prepared to do anything meaningful then the government needs to go 

So feel free to go out and start the riot.  Posting on here isn’t going to achieve anything.  Are you a true anarchist that wants to bring down the government or just a keyboard warrior?

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

So feel free to go out and start the riot.  Posting on here isn’t going to achieve anything.  Are you a true anarchist that wants to bring down the government or just a keyboard warrior?

Nice argument 

I’ll keep a note of it for later 

£5,800 now the projected cap for April.

Noteably, a brief unplanned outage in a plant in Norway spooked the market (no doubt increasing prices for what was available).

Also Germany, who remember are "doing well for themselves", have said they will miss their Winter gas storage target.

It's also expected now that the October cap will be just under £3,600 rather than just over it.

Auxilione Price Cap Daily 20220818.pdf

A bit rich given you were panning people for throwing a few eggs in Perth the other night. Make your mind up, you can't have it both ways.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 hours ago, Left Back said:

A bit rich given you were panning people for throwing a few eggs in Perth the other night. Make your mind up, you can't have it both ways.

Was I?  Think you’ll have to quote that post otherwise I’ll accept your apology.

11 hours ago, Clown Job said:

People should be rioting

Rioting, or peacefully protesting, would be noticeable but a mass campaign of cancelling direct debits and non-payment of bills would possibly be more effective in advertising the scale of the outrage.

Not sure what the folk on power cards do about it all.

Shell are back at being money grabbing wankers.

Last 3 bills - £54 £48 £54

So they up my DD to £96 without asking me to confirm the change and now put me in credit of £120 and then I can't actually take my DD back down to my usage because of their stupid rules, robbing b*****ds.

Screenshot_20220819-083034__01.jpg